SSR complaint - anybody else feel the same?

I just wanted to add that my 3 year old did use the "unapproved" floaties, the ones you blow up and put on your arms throughout our 10 day stay at BLT. We actually just got back a week and a half ago. He swam with them everyday and even went down the water slide with them so I think it really depends on who your lifeguards are at the time whether or not you can use floaties or have to use a life jacket.

I can see why it would be a problem for lots of people given that many if not most are on tight schedules at WDW. For heavens sake you have to book dining reservations months in advance. Would a WDW restaurant hold a reservation if a guest was 20 minutes late?

It seems like a very simple thing to open a pool as scheduled.

Yes actually they will. My point is this, if 20 minutes late getting a pool water feature turned on, distresses someone, WDW is not the vacation for them.

Yes actually they will. My point is this, if 20 minutes late getting a pool water feature turned on, distresses someone, WDW is not the vacation for them.
I'm reminded of a statement from the unofficial guide related to the touring plans (not sure if it's still there). Something to the effect if crossing back and forth in MK isn't OK with someone, don't go.

as for the life jackets I live in Miami FL and never at the pools do they have life jackets for the kids... I have a 5 year old and b4 last year she had a swim thing I got from Target that I would bring with us to WDW let me see if I have a photo of it...
BTW we loved AKV when we went but I was looking into a stay at SSR next summer b/c of the pool....
this is what I got her and she loved it!
http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Dawne098/media/dawnsb-day2011092.jpg.html

Just for those interested... That is called a puddle jumper and they are allowed at WDW pools because they are coast guard approved flotation devices. They are great and we bring ours with us every trip! And yes we fly and only have two checked bags for all 3 of us for our 2-3 wk trips.

Speaking of opening a can of worms....

I did not mean to sound like a complainer, and truly our trip to WDW was the best trip we have had. We did talk to the front desk manager about our concerns. The 20 minute delay in turning the Paddock water play area on was really not a big deal to us. We still enjoyed the place while we were waiting.

What I do have continued concern is the life jackets. Yes, I could have brought my own floatie, and yes, I could have walked across the bridge to community hall to check one out. It was our first visit to SSR, so please forgive my ignorance for not knowing the rules. However, I do have issues with the discrepancy in policy at various resorts. Why is it that i can just grab a life jacket anytime I want at the BLT pool and the KV pool, but I have to check one out at the WL pool? And why is it that I have go out of my way to check one out at SSR?

I do plan to email member services about this. In future stays I will look into the puddle jumper for our children. Or perhaps we will get them to swim school...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter