SSR Carriage Ride Photos

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
Our family did the SSR Carriage ride in January. Here are some photos. Fritz was our horse (top) I was so excited when we rode, I forgot to take pictures! so I took one a couple of days later. I am digitally challenged so please go easy on my skills! LOL!

100_1540.jpg

100_1630.jpg

they're up now.

That horse has prettier hair than I do :earboy2:

I am also digitally challenged but you did a great job. Your pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to try this. It makes me proud to own there!

Thanks -- you did a great job with the pictures.

So, is that naturally wavy or did he have his "hair" in braids the day before? ;)

Two questions: How much does it cost? And, did someone follow you around with a shovel? :rotfl:

mitros said:
Two questions: How much does it cost? And, did someone follow you around with a shovel? :rotfl:

(1) When we did the carriage (sleigh) ride from Wilderness Lodge in December 2004, it was $35 (no matter how many people were on the ride). The carriage held up to four adults, or two adults and three children. We were allowed to bring beverages. Since it was so cold we brought hot chocolate with us, but I was told some people bring wine.

(2) No

Call 407-WDW-PLAY to make reservations.

Thanks everyone for being so kind! :goodvibes

We were the first family to participate in the SSR Carriage Ride! Since I had to book thru the FW Kennel, I thought it was going to be more of a hayride style wagon ride! :rotfl2: We showed up very unkempt after a day of hanging at the resort and Community Hall with our refillable mugs filled with cocoa! :rotfl: (beverages are allowed and our mugs were welcome)

It was myself, Dh, 2 Ds's and Dn. There was plenty of room for us and the blankets were really nice. It was $35 which I thought was great for a family ride that didnt involve pedalling! :rotfl2:

As for the mess, the horses wear a inconspicuous sack on their rear. I also spotted the driver get out (not on our ride but the next family) and sweep up when the horse coughed.

One thing that is not allowed, is petting. You may want to prepare your younger ones for this if they are horse crazy. Mine were not terribly disappointed and they really enjoyed the ride.

Yes, Fritz's hair was bouncing and behaving!! LOL! They should open a salon at the stables! LOL!

SSR is a Resort lover's dream! We had a great time there, and we are a family that spends minimal time in the parks. (2 park days out of 16) We really took advantage of what the resort has to offer and the Carriage Ride is a great addition! The Rec staff was very excited to bring the members this and I hope it finds enough interest to become a permanent fixture. It was really neat and the ride itself was beautiful with all the lakes, fountains and water fowl as a backdrop.

Please add my compliments to Fritz, the "Breck Horse"...wow!

Thank you for posting these - I love to hear/see all the wonderful things SSR has to offer.

Sorry if I missed the fine print, but how long of a ride do they give you for $35? Half hour, hour?

The Carriage Ride is located at the back of the Turf Club, down the stairs between the Pro Shop and the Boat Dock.

The ride is 25 min. long.

SSR offers rides every day beginning at 5:15 and the last ride is around 9.

The horses are brought in daily by trailer from FW which I think really shows the effort put into offering the rides at SSR. Again kudos, to the rec staff!

Wow! How nice. My daughter and I were there last weekend but didn't have time to do this. (Only a 4 daystay over the week end.)We didn't even see them. Thanks for the picture. Next july we will have to try it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter