SSR Bashing & Renter Bashing - All in one thread !1

Dean, I get several emails a day from someone overseas telling me that I am a relative and they need help with transferring money overseas which will make me rich.

I take things on the that I read on the internet with a grain of salt. There are many "experts" on this board that I rarely believe a word they say.
There's a difference between getting spam email and seeing the same type report from many different sources on a BBS, esp from regular members. Assuming that crack was aimed at me, that would be your loss.

Dean, I get several emails a day from someone overseas telling me that I am a relative and they need help with transferring money overseas which will make me rich...

Hello Long-Lost Relative. I need some help with a money transfer to me that will make you rich. Just PM me your routing numbers & SSN and you'll be set for life.:lmao:

There's a difference between getting spam email and seeing the same type report from many different sources on a BBS, esp from regular members. Assuming that crack was aimed at me, that would be your loss.

Dean, I for one eagerly await a DVC or timeshare book written by you.

Funny post I liked it!! Staying at congress park and overlooking DTD every night from a balcony is just awful!!!!!:rotfl2:

While I have solicited advice on these boards, and have gotten some very good feedback from the good folk on this board, I know it is my responsibility to verify it before I throw my money at it. Others may chose otherwise.

The "crack" was not intended to be a crack, but just a statement and it unfortunately appears that you took it in a offensive manner that it was not intended, but in regards to a loss, I have lived pretty well way before I became a member of any BBS and am pretty sure I can manage to continue regardless of any timeshare information that I may or may not receive.

With that being said, I did not begin the thread to get in a botching match with anyone, I just posted my views on a great trip that I had at SSR seeing I was one of the folks who griped about the place without even staying there first.

I posted the renting information because it is what I heard. Rather or not renting is allowed in the POS or whatever the hell that everyone seems to bring up when renting is talked about, I still think people that book premium weeks with the sole intention of renting them out for a profit is screwing other DVC members. Always thought so and always will. YMMV.

Just wondering if the evening meal of crow is found on the DDP, and if it counts as a character meal . . . .your post made me laugh, OP. :rotfl2:

OP, looks like you drank the same Kool Aid we did, because our trip in Feb. was as awful as yours.

We had a view of DTD, and that is the fault of the CM who put us there. And we are forever ruined for other views. Shame on the CM for doing that to us!

We also found the walk from CP to be 5 min or less to the Carriage House. How the heck do I not use my refillable mug with such a short walk?

And worst of all, I was afraid to book BWV for a one night stay in July because I thought it might not be as terrible as SSR! Well, I overcame my fear, but BWV had better be pretty awful, or I might not make any more ressies there!

Just wondering if the evening meal of crow is found on the DDP, and if it counts as a character meal . . . .your post made me laugh, OP. :rotfl2:

Well, it is also part of a quick service if you get it on a bun. :rotfl2:

OP, looks like you drank the same Kool Aid we did, because our trip in Feb. was as awful as yours.

We had a view of DTD, and that is the fault of the CM who put us there. And we are forever ruined for other views. Shame on the CM for doing that to us!

We also found the walk from CP to be 5 min or less to the Carriage House. How the heck do I not use my refillable mug with such a short walk?

And worst of all, I was afraid to book BWV for a one night stay in July because I thought it might not be as terrible as SSR! Well, I overcame my fear, but BWV had better be pretty awful, or I might not make any more ressies there!

I also forgot to add that those darn housekeeping people gave us some extra towels and coffee just because we asked and didn't even charge us. How dare they. One of them even made some animals out of a few towels. Slacking on the job they are. One of them even had the nerve to ask us if we needed anything one morning as we left our room and saw her in the hallway.

I showed them though, I left some money on the table when I left that they could find when cleaning the room for the next guest. Maybe that will teach them a lesson for being so nice and not charging for the extra towels.

I also forgot to add that those darn housekeeping people gave us some extra towels and coffee just because we asked and didn't even charge us. How dare they. One of them even made some animals out of a few towels. Slacking on the job they are. One of them even had the nerve to ask us if we needed anything one morning as we left our room and saw her in the hallway.

I showed them though, I left some money on the table when I left that they could find when cleaning the room for the next guest. Maybe that will teach them a lesson for being so nice and not charging for the extra towels.

The nerve of those mousekeepers! Too cute.

We were there in February too, and we had a crappy view of the crappy golf course, and the gaudy fountains.

Oh, and we were hounded by swans!

...stupid pretty resort, sucked us into spending a day just hanging around, not even going to the parks...

To make everything worse, we got ENGAGED!

We were there in February too, and we had a crappy view of the crappy golf course, and the gaudy fountains.

...stupid pretty resort, sucked us into spending a day just hanging around, not even going to the parks...

Awww, how cute! Congratulations!

I'm just lurking here because I rented through CRO and we leave in a couple of days! (I didn't rent points this visit...) Now I'm sure we wont buy into SSR. It's far too cruddy.

I really like this koolaid.

Dean, I get several emails a day from someone overseas telling me that I am a relative and they need help with transferring money overseas which will make me rich.

You get those emails, too?

Gosh. I just got one the other day. I'm so excited. I dutifully sent them my social security number and my bank's routing number and account number on Friday. By tomorrow, I'm supposed to have several thousand dollars waiting for me! :lmao:

And I believe in the tooth fairy, too . . . :dance3:

Cool. Congrats !!!

facebook twitter