SSR 2BDRM Question

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
I should know the answer to this, but I keep finding conflicting info. So can someone please answer this for me:

We will be a party of 10. 5 adults, 3 children and 2 under 3. I know only one infant doesn't count towards room capacity.

Will we fit in a 2 bedroom?

Max is 8 plus 1 under 3. Try OKW, BLT, AK-K or GF those 2 BR will permit 9 +1 under 3

Max is 8 plus 1 under 3. Try OKW, BLT, AK-K or GF those 2 BR will permit 9 +1 under 3
Follow up. We own at SSR. A 2 bdrm 7 months out for beginning of May shouldn't be too much of an availability problem at OKW or AK-K, right? It is my understanding that's a slower time and it's the studios and 1 bdrm that go more quickly.

Early May is typically open at 7 months, OKW has been our home resort for 24+ years now, but with your group size I would go for AK-K for the 3rd bathroom. Have a great trip.

One more follow up. If a studio sleeps 4, that is 4 plus 1 infant, right? So our party could split to 4 + baby and 4 + baby and take 2 SSR studios, right?

How are you with packing? The rooms would be full, will you also have a bunch of suitcases to deal with too in the studios.

If you have the points, I'd go for the 2 bedroom at Kidani. 3 bathrooms and the master bath is huge.

How are you with packing? The rooms would be full, will you also have a bunch of suitcases to deal with too in the studios.

If you have the points, I'd go for the 2 bedroom at Kidani. 3 bathrooms and the master bath is huge.
Packing is usually 1 suitcase for us, 1 for kids, 1 for my sister and 1 for my parents. Not too bad.

All the kids are mine. I'm not too worried about it being too tight, I'm more so worried about not having a washer/dryer as the littlest will be 5 months old.

This is our first time booking on our own points. If I booked 2 studios for beginning of May, then at the 7 month window 2bdrms at AK-K are still available, can I call and switch with no issues?

Packing is usually 1 suitcase for us, 1 for kids, 1 for my sister and 1 for my parents. Not too bad.

All the kids are mine. I'm not too worried about it being too tight, I'm more so worried about not having a washer/dryer as the littlest will be 5 months old.

This is our first time booking on our own points. If I booked 2 studios for beginning of May, then at the 7 month window 2bdrms at AK-K are still available, can I call and switch with no issues?
If you wind up not being able to switch there are washers and dryers avail for free at the DVC resorts. Not ideal with a 5 month old but it is avail. Also I assume you know but just in case not SSR studios have not been refurbished like some of the other resorts to include a Murphy bed. So you will have 1 queen bed and 1 sleeper sofa per studio for sleeping accommodations. Pack and plays are avail if not already in the closet but if you need any additional sleeping surfaces for the kids you will need to bring an inflatable mattress and bedding. Kidani dedicated 2 BR on the other hand will have 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, 1 sleeper sofa, plus the pullout chair

It shouldn't be a problem to switch in early May to a 2BR at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter