Spur of the moment road trip. Let's see how this goes...

IronBoss

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody!

We are attempting a spur of the moment-ish road trip in a couple weeks. Any advice any of you may have would be wonderfully appreciated. I'll check back in & let you know how everything goes! Family of four - Myself, my wife, 17 year old son & 14 year old daughter.

Friday - Leaving Maryland & heading to Savannah, GA. Going to stay there Friday & Saturday nights. Friday night just rest after the drive & Saturday night do the Ghosts & Gravestones Trolley Tour. We did the one in Boston a couple years ago & it was a blast. Also have one or four high test Wet Willie's drinks. How is South of The Border for a quick-ish stretch our legs & see some weird stuff along the way type deal? Never been there before.

Sunday - Wake up & head to Universal. Hope to be there by mid-afternoon. Maybe catch a few rides & have dinner at the Bob Marley joint. I'm a big music guy. We're staying at Aventura.

Monday & Tuesday- Doing one of those hotel but not really staying there type flim flams to get the express passes for Monday & Tuesday. Hope to grab them early & get some rides in. No real plans for anything but that. Get on rides. Have some drinks. Guess we'll have to find some food along the way somewhere.

Wed - Will still have park tickets, but worried it's going to kind of suck waiting in lines after having two days of express passes. Thinking about jumping in the car and driving over to Cocoa Beach. Check out the beach & Ron Jon's. One of those things you have to do, right? My daughter wants a skateboard & not going to lie, I kinda want to see what I can still do on one also.

Thursday- Heading up to North Carolina & get a nights sleep at my in laws place.

Friday- Galaxy Con in Raleigh, NC.

Saturday - Back to good ole' Baltimore from there.

Anyone have any must see stops along the way or anything you want to suggest?

Thanks & I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter