Spring Break 2019 - When is your school off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amymgould

Mouseketeer
I'm always curious to hear when different schools are on Spring break. I live in Upstate NY, and for 2019, we have the week before Easter off plus the Monday after Easter (4/13-4/22). The last few years we've had the week after Easter, so I'm guessing the change is due to Easter being later.

Bonus Question - When does your school year end? We start after Labor Day and go until the end of June (likely 6/20ish this year).

northern Virginia, our county and surrounding counties always have the week before Easter off, are out for the summer in the middle of June (or a day or two later), and are back in school for the Fall atleast a full week before labor day. It seems like over the past 20 years or so the summer break has been getting shorter and shorter as they add random days off during the school year or build in extra snow days into the calendar. :D

Our spring break is always the first week of April. Independent of when Easter falls. We get out the same time.

Last week of March (25-29 in 2019) is always ours in Winnipeg, MB. We start after Labour day and finish end of June.

Most of the local public schools in the counties surrounding WDW are off March 18-22, with the local colleges having the week before that off.

Massachusetts here. We don't have spring break. We have February vacation (the week of Presidents Day off) and then April vacation (the week of Patriot's Day off). Next year, April vacation will fall on April 15th-20th.

Since I've had school aged kids, they have gone back to school the Wednesday before Labor Day and they get out mid to late June (we tend to have at least 5 or so snow days to make up). There is talk that this year they are going to start after Labor Day. We always did when we were kids.

NJ here! We are off April 15-19. We are also usually either the week before or after Easter depending where Easter falls. We don't have off the day after Easter, which stinks. School for students is 9/6-6/20.

I’m in California, and we are on Spring Break the last 2 weeks of March.

Our school year is long and our summer is short, this year last day is June 7 and we start back up Aug 10.

We are in Mass, Spring Break is 4/15-4/19. We start school on 8/28 and end on 6/13 if we don't have any snow days.

Next year, most NH schools are off 04/22-04/26, MA (and I think CT) are the prior week 04/15-04/19. These weeks are the same weeks every year.

Schools in NH typically do not go back until after Labor Day, but there is talk of starting before labor day to help fight against the extended school year that unrelenting winter brings. (I believe my district's last day is 06/22)

Schools in NH typically do not go back until after Labor Day, but there is talk of starting before labor day to help fight against the extended school year that unrelenting winter brings. (I believe my district's last day is 06/22)

How many snow days did you have?

I am in WI. We typically have either Good Friday and the week of Easter off or the week before Easter & then Easter Monday off. But next year since Easter is so late they moved spring break to the last week of March. We start the day after Labor Day and end the first week in June.

Our calendar isn't out for next year but we are always off the week after Easter.

We also start after Labor Day and get out around June 20th. This year it's June 21 due to snow days. We went over our snow days by 2 days so graduation was moved back one day and they took back a day in May that the kids would've had off. It's now a half day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!