Spring 2017 PI watch!

eimmi07

Back in the cold state!
Hello everyone,

I thought this would be a good thread to tell others what Pi's have been posted and who is applying for roles they are interested in. Plus questions that people might have about the PI. There have been a couple of PI's posted for the spring at Disneyworld. There are two imagineer roles posted and one Management PI that has been posted which is Food and Beverage (which is one of the PI's I will be applying for). Anyways I wanted to say good luck to everyone who is going to apply for a PI they are interested in.

How many PI positions do people typically apply for. I see 3 that interest me and fit my skill set. Do you think applying to all 3 would be a hindrance? Has anyone had positive results even after applying to 3 positions?

How many PI positions do people typically apply for. I see 3 that interest me and fit my skill set. Do you think applying to all 3 would be a hindrance? Has anyone had positive results even after applying to 3 positions?

3 is the minimum recommended, so you are good there!

I applied for 8 or 9 total (though I kind of went against everything you are told in recruiting, so my experience may not be normal)

If your skill sets are compatible, then apply. One thing I've found, is that there will be several similar positions that are just on different teams. Team A may need an internal communications intern, but so might Team B. Same type of role, just different content. Once you leave Parks and Resorts and look at the company as a whole, then you will see that even more (ie, Parks and Resorts, Corporate, Marvel, etc)

3 is the minimum recommended, so you are good there!

I applied for 8 or 9 total (though I kind of went against everything you are told in recruiting, so my experience may not be normal)

If your skill sets are compatible, then apply. One thing I've found, is that there will be several similar positions that are just on different teams. Team A may need an internal communications intern, but so might Team B. Same type of role, just different content. Once you leave Parks and Resorts and look at the company as a whole, then you will see that even more (ie, Parks and Resorts, Corporate, Marvel, etc)

This was such a huge help thanks so much! Have you interned with them in the past? Did you hear back fairly quickly or was it a waiting game?

This was such a huge help thanks so much! Have you interned with them in the past? Did you hear back fairly quickly or was it a waiting game?

I was an intern last year (January-December) and am now a full-time CM with the same team!

The whole process took 4 months, but my specific internship was pretty quick

September - Applied for a few PI's (mix between East and West coast, most were social media related)
October - Contacted for an completed a phone interview. Maybe a first round interview with one of the teams (I can't find emails from earlier to confirm)
November - Started applying for a few more last minute internships since I wasn't hearing back about the original set (Eventually NLIC). Interviewed with 1 other team in Corporate Citizenship just before Thanksgiving. (Eventually NLIC mid-December)
December - Interviewed with another team in Digital Analytics 12/12, received offer 12/16. Started internship 1/10

So for the position I received, it only took about 3 weeks from application to offer (without a phone interview, since that had been done earlier - one phone interview counts for all positions).

It can definitely be a long process. My offer came a little late in the year, but 3 months isn't an uncommon time frame if you apply early in the season

Ok thanks so much! I have applied to only two so far, but will now apply to the remaining position that I think is a good fit. I am so anxious to hear back but I'm reminding myself to be patient. Thanks for giving so much detail about your experience and with so much candor!

Ok thanks so much! I have applied to only two so far, but will now apply to the remaining position that I think is a good fit. I am so anxious to hear back but I'm reminding myself to be patient. Thanks for giving so much detail about your experience and with so much candor!

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Applying for a PI seems to be very different from the DCP (I didn't do a CP, so I can't tell for sure)

Patience is definitely key :)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Applying for a PI seems to be very different from the DCP (I didn't do a CP, so I can't tell for sure)

Patience is definitely key :)

Hi Liz,

I had a couple more questions for you. (Thanks so much for all of your candor and your help! You've been amazing!) Did you do the CP before your PI? Also I've been trying to research pay for PIs and I still don't know what a realistic number looks like. I've seen rates all over the place. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of budgeting I'll need to do should I be offered a position. I know it will vary but the pay rates I've seen in the forums are all from at least 3 years ago.

Hi Liz,

I had a couple more questions for you. (Thanks so much for all of your candor and your help! You've been amazing!) Did you do the CP before your PI? Also I've been trying to research pay for PIs and I still don't know what a realistic number looks like. I've seen rates all over the place. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of budgeting I'll need to do should I be offered a position. I know it will vary but the pay rates I've seen in the forums are all from at least 3 years ago.

I did not do a CP - The day I moved to Florida was actually my first time ever being in the state. My Disney Parks experience was limited to 2 1-week long trips to Disneyland. There are some positions that need Disney experience, and some that just prefer it (in my case, I really cared about Disney from my trips, and was able to bring in some personal experiences of how those made me want to work for the company)

Pay is pretty much across the board as it's determined by each individual department (unlike the CP, which is more of a standard rate similar to statused CMs)

Budgeting can be hard until you know what your rate will be. From my experience those around me, it's best to live with roommates (shared apartment, not necessarily shared room if living outside of company sponsored housing). I personally was able to comfortably live on what I made, including student loans and car/insurance payments. Also, take-home pay is about 75% of gross pay.

I did not do a CP - The day I moved to Florida was actually my first time ever being in the state. My Disney Parks experience was limited to 2 1-week long trips to Disneyland. There are some positions that need Disney experience, and some that just prefer it (in my case, I really cared about Disney from my trips, and was able to bring in some personal experiences of how those made me want to work for the company)

Pay is pretty much across the board as it's determined by each individual department (unlike the CP, which is more of a standard rate similar to statused CMs)

Budgeting can be hard until you know what your rate will be. From my experience those around me, it's best to live with roommates (shared apartment, not necessarily shared room if living outside of company sponsored housing). I personally was able to comfortably live on what I made, including student loans and car/insurance payments. Also, take-home pay is about 75% of gross pay.

Great thanks so much! That's a big help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter