Spotify ?'s

dreamin_disney

DIS Veteran
We are having a grad party. I was going to get a DJ but at $350 for 4 hours DD said just put surround system outside and she can use her phone to play music. Someone mentioned spotify a monthly fee and you can download music. Just wondering if anyone has it and would like to know your opinion on it. I see theres a premium family membership for $14.99 a month and a premium for student $4.99. Are these the same exact plan? Is it easy to cancel?

Paying for spotify gives you no commercials & the ability to download the music to your phone so you can listen to your playlists without using wifi or data. We have the $14.99 family plan because there are 4 of us using it. It's very easy to cancel.

Paying for spotify gives you no commercials & the ability to download the music to your phone so you can listen to your playlists without using wifi or data. We have the $14.99 family plan because there are 4 of us using it. It's very easy to cancel.
not sure if I can get the family plan since we need to have same address. DD will be starting college in August and living on campus

If everyone is going to use it then you would need the family plan or only one person can listen on the account at once. If it is just your DD then the student account will work you just need to verify that you are a student

If the party is outdoors, then music can be considered "broadcasting" and you are supposed to pay a licensing fee, which is supposed to be part of the DJ costs. Not that anyone is going to call bylaw on your party but this is part of the money-transferring-hands mechanism that compensates artists for their talent. ;)

If everyone is going to use it then you would need the family plan or only one person can listen on the account at once. If it is just your DD then the student account will work you just need to verify that you are a student
hmm i'll have to think about it , if not student acct it is
We like it and use it a lot. They are offering a 3 month trial of premium for $0.99. https://www.spotify.com/us/intro/
I saw that but could find if its just for one person or family account
If the party is outdoors, then music can be considered "broadcasting" and you are supposed to pay a licensing fee, which is supposed to be part of the DJ costs. Not that anyone is going to call bylaw on your party but this is part of the money-transferring-hands mechanism that compensates artists for their talent. ;)
oh I didn't know that. I figured since she would playing it at her own party from her own phone would be fine. I could see a problem if she gave t to a dj to play but no dj, figure spend that money on other stuff. I hope the spotify police aren't patrolling that day -hahahha

anyone try the .99 one then turns to 9.99? is it for one person or family?

That's for an individual account, but, my son and I were sharing my account before we went to the family plan. You can have it installed on multiple devices but it will only play on one. So when I was at the gym and my son started streaming my phone would notify me it was playing on his iPad and then I'd turn it back to my phone. I jumped on it when they introduced the family plan because it is much better than fighting with him over it. :rolleyes1 Since you only need it for the party you could probably share with your daughter so she can set up her playlist. Then you could play it on your computer, iPad, iPod, etc., for the party. That way no one has their phone tied up for the party.

I use Spotify exclusively and haven't opened iTunes or bought physical music in years. Best part is that it syncs to all your devices so I don't have to worry about storage on my phone, tablet, computer, etc. If she is a student she can get it for $5/mo with a .edu email address.

I use Spotify exclusively and haven't opened iTunes or bought physical music in years. Best part is that it syncs to all your devices so I don't have to worry about storage on my phone, tablet, computer, etc. If she is a student she can get it for $5/mo with a .edu email address.
Thanks for the infoShe has her shook account

We have the spotify family plan and really love it! I think we actually gave one of our memberships to my husband's sister who is in college since we were going to pay the family price anyway. So maybe there is a way around the same address thing? We were able to work it out at least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter