Sports or Music?

harmonize

Earning My Ears
Which would you pick and why? With the new discounts, these are the only 2 AS available. What building (non-preferred) would you pick? Are there smoking rooms in all buildings or just some?

Hi--

We've stayed at both and would choose ASSports. Why:
---Layout is better
---1st on/first off if sharing bus w/the other all stars
---kids (DD 15, DS, 7) like it better

Sports---We have stayed in the Surf's Up, Tennis, and Football buildings. I like the football cause the theming is good, it is non-preferred, close to the bus, food court, etc. It's also near both pools.

Music---We stayed at Calypso but I understand it is a preferred room now. To me, the resort has a lot of walking because buildings are one behind the other. It has cute theming. If you stay here, be sure to get the building right behing the Calypso building so you wont have to walk too much.

Good luck!

Lisa

Boy do I have an opinion. We stayed at ASSp last Dec. and though the rooms we great we hated it. If you are not a die hard sports fan I wouldn't suggest it. There were people fitting and swearing over games they were watching. the resort seemed to be full of football players (high school) that were completely rude!!! We were in the football building and it was great to be close to the buses and food court but.... There was always people playing football in the court yard. Making so much noise and not caring about the people around then. My 14mth old DD was hit in the head w/ a football. The boy turned around and said to me "hay watch it" I can't say what I said but I did follow the boy to his room and speak w/ his parents!!! I will never stay at sports again.

We're both sports haters but we loved the ASSports. We stayed at the Baseball building. I don't know if it's prefered or not but it was great. It's got the smaller pool which is almost private and far from the main building so it's quiet too. We walked around Music but weren't that impressed with it.

DH and I stayed at ASMusic in March. I chose it because I preferred the theme over sports. IMO, sports seemed a lot more crowded, as many of our buses were shared with all three AllStars.

With a name like Harmonize, you should stay at ASMusic - you must be musically inclined! :D

:earsgirl: Krissy

What new discounts?

We've stayed at all three All Stars. My favorite is Movies, but that's not an option. My second favorite for theming is Sports. The theming at Music is NOTHING. Neither Sports nor Music is very Disney except for the pool and the gift shop, though.

Edit: Found the discount at http://www.mousesavers.com. I just checked there a couple of days ago! Thanks for clueing me in to check again!

I've stayed at both ASMu and ASSp and prefer Music. Sports buildings are a little closer to the food court, but the building I was in was still a hike. They do have a great bartender (Mike), but I think Music is the better resort. The pools weren't as crowded, especially the piano pool and I thought it was better looking. If you go with Music, request Jazz! :smooth:

Lcm2108 said that All-Star Sports is first on/off of the bus sharing....which is second? I know I asked that before so forgive me. Another question...how crowded can the busses get during January?

steven

1--Sports 2--Music 3--Movies.......I ALWAYS stay at Sports, its my Favorite.;)

Quick note on the bus schedule for AS's. The only time you go to all the resorts is when exiting the parks. Everyone gets on the same bus. The stops are Sports, Music, Movies. When going to the parks each resort has it's own bus. Unless there is less than 10 people on the bus and a small amount of peolpe waiting at another AS. I only had this happen twice in 12 days.

ASMu for me as it states in my signature. Husband is a musician by heart and also into sports so either resort would work for us. He told me that he really liked the Music resort, so I'm going for it again next May. We stayed in Calypso which is preferred now and it was very convenient. I will request Jazz again because Jazz is my DH's favorite type of music next to Gospel. Jazz is located behind Calypso so it won't be much farther of a walk. :jester:

Personally, I would choose Music over Sports. It is quieter! We liked the food court and Music when we visited, as well as the look of the Pool.

In Music, the smoking rooms are located in buildings Calypso #1, which is the closest to Melody Hall, but is a preferred building, Jazz # 9, which is in the middle, and Rock Inn #3, next to the Piano Pool, at the far end.

In Sports, the smoking buildings are Surf's Up #1, next to Stadium Hall, but is too is preferred, Hoops Hotel #3, which is a good hike from Stadium Hall, and Home Run Hotel# 9, also a good hike from the Stadium hall, but near a pool.

Not all of the buildings have smoking rooms, in fact, it seems as though there are more smoking rooms available at AS than at the other resorts.

To be honest, we see very little difference between the 3 All-Star Resorts. We simply choose to stay at the Sports hotel because of its location. During our trips, we enjoy wandering around all 3 of the hotels. Have fun!

SPORTS over Music! The themeing around the Surf's Up area is like being on the islands. You really do not need to be a sports fan to stay here. You are the first on and off the busses.

ASMUSIC!!!!

cause who cares about staring a big football??? (The jukebox is MUCH prettier....)

Going to stay at ASMU again in November!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Between the two -- I have to agree I think the ASSp layout is better. The bus is the first stop too, when they have one bus going to the three resorts. Plus if anyone wants McD's, it's almost right next to it. (across a highway)
BUT, I don't particularly like sports. So I chose the ASMu. (And paying the preferred rate.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter