Splitting a contract?

JWimberley

Disney Owner (0.00000074%) ;o)
Is it possible to split a contract and sell a portion of your points?

IE: I find a great deal on say 500 points but I only need 200. Can I purchase the 500 point contract and then subdivide it and sell the 300 that I don't need?

Thanks for your unending patience while I mine the vast amount of knowledge and experience available here on the boards ;)

Joshua

Is it possible to split a contract and sell a portion of your points?

IE: I find a great deal on say 500 points but I only need 200. Can I purchase the 500 point contract and then subdivide it and sell the 300 that I don't need?

Thanks for your unending patience while I mine the vast amount of knowledge and experience available here on the boards ;)

Joshua

No it is not possible. This is why we always recommend when buying in initially through Disney to split their contracts - 150 minimum purchase and balance in separate add-ons.

No it is not possible. This is why we always recommend when buying in initially through Disney to split their contracts - 150 minimum purchase and balance in separate add-ons.

Well that explains the lower average cost of the larger contracts but it kind of bums me out at the same time... :sad1:

Ah well, guess I could always buy the large contract and sell my existing 150 instead, I'm sure I can come up with some way to use the excess points :rolleyes1

Thanks again for the help!

Can you then sell add-ons separately from your original contract? What if you add on at different resorts?

Can you then sell add-ons separately from your original contract? What if you add on at different resorts?

Yes, you can. They have their own contract number, even though it still is part of the master contract. xxxxx.0, xxxxx.1, etc.

Maybe I should start a thread w/this question. Is there a place to ask or get info on what to expect if selling a smaller contract? I want to purchase 150 and a couple of smaller contracts of 25-50 as well.
What type of closing costs on smaller etc.?
I checked TTS and their frequently asked Q's do not really cover the selling aspect in detail. Any suggestions
Jim

Maybe I should start a thread w/this question. Is there a place to ask or get info on what to expect if selling a smaller contract? I want to purchase 150 and a couple of smaller contracts of 25-50 as well.
What type of closing costs on smaller etc.?
I checked TTS and their frequently asked Q's do not really cover the selling aspect in detail. Any suggestions
Jim

call & speak to an agent, they're happy to fax you a sample listing agreement, etc.

I posted the question late last night, due to my addiction to reading about this stuff, and couldn't get an agent. I am currently awaiting a call back.
I am trying disaster plan and gain flexibility with my initial purchase.
Thanks for the response, I am trying to learn as much as possible b4 making a comitmnt.
Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter