Split-Stay pro's I have questions!

We do split stays every time we go, it is very easy to do. You all do NOT have to be present to check in, the bell services will transfer your luggage and your mugs will be valid for "Length Of Stay".

Have a super time at the world!

We do split stays every time we go, it is very easy to do. You all do NOT have to be present to check in, the bell services will transfer your luggage and your mugs will be valid for "Length Of Stay".

Have a super time at the world!

Thanks for the great info! I think we may end up taking our luggage there in a cab, We have a four year old & it would probably be the easiest. How long did it take for your luggage to appear at the resort? Do they call you & tell it's there, or do they just bring it to ME-style & leave it in your room?...I would think they would need a tip and not leave the luggage in the room. We bought 7 day MYWPH, how does it work with using as a key to the room if not everyone is present to check-in? Sorry for so many questions. I'm just confused:confused3

I'm so glad I found this post because this is something we are thinking of doing when we go. I am still confused about how the DDP works with split stays. I know this has been answered, but I'm a little slow...:rotfl: Do you purchase two sets of DDP's for everyone during the trip? One for the first resort and one for the second resort? We are thinking of staying at Pop for the first weekend we are there (Dec. 5) and then moving to one of the Deluxe resorts after the weekend is over and staying there Dec. 8 - 12. Just wondering how difficult it is with the DDP.

:thumbsup2 This past Feb when DS and I moved from Pop to VWL we used a cab. It cost $15 with tip and was well worth the money. When we arrived at VWL in the morning to check in, we checked our bags at the bell stand and only took our day bag with swim suits with us. We checked in and spent the day at the pool. We turned this into our "off" day. It worked out good because I didn't feel like leaving the luggage behind and taking bus to nearest park and then from park to VWL. This took 10 mns or so.

This is the exact issue I am facing (Split stay / 1 day base Tix / Dining Plan).

I wanted to split my stay between 2 deluxe resorts - each in a different resort area.

I have leftover park tickets from a previous stay - 5 days left on a 10 day non-expiring hopper. I wanted to purchase a package - 1 day new base ticket so I could get the dining plan for the duration of our upcoming 8 day stay.

Problem was raised by the CM: If I move from one resort to the other, it is 2 completely different bookings/packages. I would need to purchase 2 completely different sets of base tickets - so there would be no economy of scale on the "more days get cheaper" strategy. So, if you want to do the dining plan, splitting your stay is not economical unless you only use the dining plan for one resort and dine "on your own" for the second. (sigh)

Things can never be simple.:badpc:

Thanks for the great info! I think we may end up taking our luggage there in a cab, We have a four year old & it would probably be the easiest. How long did it take for your luggage to appear at the resort? Do they call you & tell it's there, or do they just bring it to ME-style & leave it in your room?...I would think they would need a tip and not leave the luggage in the room. We bought 7 day MYWPH, how does it work with using as a key to the room if not everyone is present to check-in? Sorry for so many questions. I'm just confused:confused3

I believe they do the luggage transfer between the hours of 1 and 3. They had us call them when we checked in and were in our room and they brought up the luggage right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter