Split Stay Newbie with Questions-sorry this is all new to me!

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Checking in very late Friday night to AsMo (approx 11:30 pm) for one night room only - can we bypass the front desk entirely if we do online check-in? Now to confuse it more if we decide last minute to not use DME (we already know we have to get our own luggage) and take a cab instead - by not scanning our bands in at the airport DME will that impact if we get a room ready text? In other words how do they know we've actually arrived and have our magic bands open the room door without stopping at the front desk?

Now on checkout can we bypass Asmo front desk entirely when checking out? Or do we need to stop by and have them check us out so when we arrive at the Poly half hour later we can check in there? We anticipate leaving AsMo around 7-8 am and cabbing right over to Poly -- or once we check in at the Poly it automatically checks us out at Asmo?

Checking in very late Friday night to AsMo (approx 11:30 pm) for one night room only - can we bypass the front desk entirely if we do online check-in? Now to confuse it more if we decide last minute to not use DME (we already know we have to get our own luggage) and take a cab instead - by not scanning our bands in at the airport DME will that impact if we get a room ready text? In other words how do they know we've actually arrived and have our magic bands open the room door without stopping at the front desk?

Now on checkout can we bypass Asmo front desk entirely when checking out? Or do we need to stop by and have them check us out so when we arrive at the Poly half hour later we can check in there? We anticipate leaving AsMo around 7-8 am and cabbing right over to Poly -- or once we check in at the Poly it automatically checks us out at Asmo?

I can answer the second set of questions. I can't offer help on the first since I haven't used online check-in or DME.

You should physically check out of the first resort. It avoids any unforeseen problems at the second hotel check-in. Particularly since you are anticipating checking in to the 2nd hotel before mandatory checkout time. You can't be checked-in to 2 rooms at the same time. It took me only a couple of minutes to checkout of ASMu my last trip - there were no other guests at the front desk at 6:45 am!!

whether you use DME or not will not impact your room ready text or the ability to open your room doors with your magicband. your magicbands will open the door because they are linked to you and you are linked to the room reservation.

I can answer the second set of questions. I can't offer help on the first since I haven't used online check-in or DME.

You should physically check out of the first resort. It avoids any unforeseen problems at the second hotel check-in. Particularly since you are anticipating checking in to the 2nd hotel before mandatory checkout time. You can't be checked-in to 2 rooms at the same time. It took me only a couple of minutes to checkout of ASMu my last trip - there were no other guests at the front desk at 6:45 am!!

Good to know thanks - we figured there would be a line of people checking out or in on a Saturday morning and just want to get to our next resort instead of sticking around.

whether you use DME or not will not impact your room ready text or the ability to open your room doors with your magicband. your magicbands will open the door because they are linked to you and you are linked to the room reservation.

how do they know though that we arrived to 'activate' the bands? I know the bands are technically active at the time they're shipped `- but wasn't sure if you had to physically show them that you arrived. I mean what's to stop someone from online checking-in, never show up at resort and call for a bounceback offer. That's just one example that I can think of.

how do they know though that we arrived to 'activate' the bands? I know the bands are technically active at the time they're shipped `- but wasn't sure if you had to physically show them that you arrived.

You don't have to. You will have access to everything linked to your MDE account on check in day. Except your room if you have not received the Room Ready text.

I mean what's to stop someone from online checking-in, never show up at resort and call for a bounceback offer. That's just one example that I can think of.

Nothing. But to them it doesn't matter. If you booked a package, you will be paid in full 30 days before your check in date. If you booked a room only, do Online Check In and provide a credit card that card will be charged the balance for your room only the day of check in. If you didn't provide a credit card during Online Check In and never show up to pay your room balance, you will not be able to book a bounceback. So either way in order to book a bounceback WDW will have gotten your $$ so they will be fine with letting you book a bounceback.

You don't have to. You will have access to everything linked to your MDE account on check in day. Except your room if you have not received the Room Ready text.

Nothing. But to them it doesn't matter. If you booked a package, you will be paid in full 30 days before your check in date. If you booked a room only, do Online Check In and provide a credit card that card will be charged the balance for your room only the day of check in. If you didn't provide a credit card during Online Check In and never show up to pay your room balance, you will not be able to book a bounceback. So either way in order to book a bounceback WDW will have gotten your $$ so they will be fine with letting you book a bounceback.

Ah thank you - at 11:30 p.m. and after a long day of work here's to hoping we get a text. :) Just wish we could also bypass the desk the next morning, but I guess better we stop than wait until we get to the Poly and realize there's a problem checking-in there because we didn't check-out @ AsMo.

If you don't get a text with your room number, you have to stop by the desk. With the late arrival, you'll likely get the text in advance of landing. Everything is set for you and you can skip the desk. Just realized that texts can be delayed. I've received them (not WDW, various F&F) an hour or more from the time they were sent. Don't worry if it doesn't show up while you're traveling.

Since you're leaving ASMo so early, checking out in person is a better idea and will only take a minute. If you were waiting until 11am to leave or checking into the Poly in the afternoon, I'd say it wouldn't matter.

If you don't get a text with your room number, you have to stop by the desk. With the late arrival, you'll likely get the text in advance of landing. Everything is set for you and you can skip the desk. Just realized that texts can be delayed. I've received them (not WDW, various F&F) an hour or more from the time they were sent. Don't worry if it doesn't show up while you're traveling.

Since you're leaving ASMo so early, checking out in person is a better idea and will only take a minute. If you were waiting until 11am to leave or checking into the Poly in the afternoon, I'd say it wouldn't matter.

Thank you!

I've gotten my room ready text while I was still at home in Pennsylvania. You don't need to use DME - not everyone used that anyway. We usually use a private car service.

You don't need to check out or into either resort. We call Bell services and have our bags transferred, go to the park, and when we are done we go back to the new resort. Our bands always work and we call for our bags once we get to the room.

If you're saying CL, you would need someone to walk you to Hawaii building and let you in and you can "check in" there if you want. You aren't going to have trouble checking into Poly. Once they check you in, you're check in. The only reason you'd need to check out of the first resort is if you were starting a dining plan at the second resort.

I've gotten my room ready text while I was still at home in Pennsylvania. You don't need to use DME - not everyone used that anyway. We usually use a private car service. You don't need to check out or into either resort. We call Bell services and have our bags transferred, go to the park, and when we are done we go back to the new resort. Our bands always work and we call for our bags once we get to the room. If you're saying CL, you would need someone to walk you to Hawaii building and let you in and you can "check in" there if you want. You aren't going to have trouble checking into Poly. Once they check you in, you're check in. The only reason you'd need to check out of the first resort is if you were starting a dining plan at the second resort.

Thank you and the bolded part - we are. First resort is a crash for the night room only, 2nd resort is our park hoppers and dining plan package. :)

You don't need to check out or into either resort. We call Bell services and have our bags transferred, go to the park, and when we are done we go back to the new resort. Our bands always work and we call for our bags once we get to the room
So chances are you arrive at the second resort some time after checkout. As stated above, guests can't be checked into two rooms at the same time. The OP will still be registered at ASM when attempting to register at Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter