Split Stay DDP credits extended???

sharonabe

DIS Veteran
Within the last two weeks, I've seen three different reports that DDP credits from the first stay of a split stay have been extended into the next stay. Two of these reports had a dining plan on both stays; I can't find the other report to confirm that one. Wondering if this is something that's always "quietly" been done and not talked about here since the rules say the credits expire at midnight or if this is something new? Is it a DVC perk? Is it a game changer for anyone?

Within the last two weeks, I've seen three different reports that DDP credits from the first stay of a split stay have been extended into the next stay. Two of these reports had a dining plan on both stays; I can't find the other report to confirm that one. Wondering if this is something that's always "quietly" been done and not talked about here since the rules say the credits expire at midnight or if this is something new? Is it a DVC perk? Is it a game changer for anyone?
I've never heard of this, but If this is/we're true, that would be awesome! We frequently do two weeks at Pop with the ddp and then do four days at the Poly with no ddp. We always have tons of credits left from our Pop stay. I'd love to be able to extend the ddp for a few days.

I've never heard of this, but If this is/we're true, that would be awesome! We frequently do two weeks at Pop with the ddp and then do four days at the Poly with no ddp. We always have tons of credits left from our Pop stay. I'd love to be able to extend the ddp for a few days.

I hadn't either, so that's why I'm asking. Hoping others come along with their experiences.

However, at least 2 of the 3 had a plan on BOTH stays. I can see extending the credits in that scenario, because you may still end up with leftovers at the end. In your scenario, it would mean getting more days to use the leftover credits which Disney is banking on you not being able to use to their full value. I kind of doubt they would do it in that scenario.

I hadn't either, so that's why I'm asking. Hoping others come along with their experiences.

However, at least 2 of the 3 had a plan on BOTH stays. I can see extending the credits in that scenario, because you may still end up with leftovers at the end. In your scenario, it would mean getting more days to use the leftover credits which Disney is banking on you not being able to use to their full value. I kind of doubt they would do it in that scenario.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes a huge difference. I can see them combining/extending credits in this situation, but probably not with the second part of a stay being off the ddp. Too bad.

I can't see this being correct. There is no such thing as a split stay. We can call it whatever we want, but as far as any hotel is concerned, there is a reservation, then a different reservation. Credits expire at 11:59 PM on the day you check out of the hotel.

I can't see this being correct. There is no such thing as a split stay. We can call it whatever we want, but as far as any hotel is concerned, there is a reservation, then a different reservation. Credits expire at 11:59 PM on the day you check out of the hotel.

I agree with you and don't understand it myself. But there have been three reports on this board in the last two weeks of people getting it done. They all said they got a manager involved at their first stay and the credits were extended into the second stay. So I posted, hoping they and any others will come along to enlighten us.

I agree with you and don't understand it myself. But there have been three reports on this board in the last two weeks of people getting it done. They all said they got a manager involved at their first stay and the credits were extended into the second stay. So I posted, hoping they and any others will come along to enlighten us.

Not sure if my post is one of the ones you are referencing, but we were able to extend credits during a split stay with the involvement of a manager. Went from YC to GF with DxDD at both. Our CM booking agent had told me there would be no issue because it was the same dining plan at both. The CM who checked us out of YC (who happened to be a manager) said there would be no issue and the credits would be restored after check in at GF. The CM at GF that checked us in, and who was amazing, quickly had concerns that it would not be that easy....took a couple of hours but I received confirmation from a manager at GF that everything had been transferred and all went smoothly from there. Not sure what would happen with another scenarios but that’s what happened with us.

Not sure if my post is one of the ones you are referencing, but we were able to extend credits during a split stay with the involvement of a manager. Went from YC to GF with DxDD at both. Our CM booking agent had told me there would be no issue because it was the same dining plan at both. The CM who checked us out of YC (who happened to be a manager) said there would be no issue and the credits would be restored after check in at GF. The CM at GF that checked us in, and who was amazing, quickly had concerns that it would not be that easy....took a couple of hours but I received confirmation from a manager at GF that everything had been transferred and all went smoothly from there. Not sure what would happen with another scenarios but that’s what happened with us.

YES! Yours is one of the three. THANK YOU for coming and giving more information.

Hopefully you've gleaned that this is NOT normal. Your first stay's credits should have expired at midnight when you checked out of YC.

But since you had a manager involved at YC, I'm beginning to wonder if this has been an option all along that no one knew about or talked about.

YES! Yours is one of the three. THANK YOU for coming and giving more information.

Hopefully you've gleaned that this is NOT normal. Your first stay's credits should have expired at midnight when you checked out of YC.

But since you had a manager involved at YC, I'm beginning to wonder if this has been an option all along that no one knew about or talked about.

I agree completely that when they do extend the credits it is an exception to the standing rule and I think that one more piece of the puzzle that should be considered by anyone who might be considering asking for this "exception" should also consider whether it makes sense for Disney to do so based on their planned hotel stays. In our case we not only had the same dining plan straight thru, but both resorts were in the deluxe category and we were actually going from a non-inexpensive to one that was more expensive than the first. (Please know that this was a trip of a lifetime and not an every day type of vacation for us!). Frankly, I would have been disappointed if Disney had not made the exception, both because our booking CM had assured me it would not be an issue and I, therefore, planned our ADRs and dining accordingly, and also because we were maintaining the same level of hotel stay which I think is applicable to the situation if anyone is thinking about asking a manager to extend the credits.

I don't think this is something that is becoming the norm and I definitely wouldn't expect it. It sounds like there was a misunderstanding and a manager made some magic so the guest wasn't inconvenienced.

I don't think this is something that is becoming the norm and I definitely wouldn't expect it. It sounds like there was a misunderstanding and a manager made some magic so the guest wasn't inconvenienced.

I don't think it's becoming the norm either, but I also don't think there was a misunderstanding. If the PP was the only one who had reported it, I would say it was Disney making things right since the booking CM had said it would be. But as I've said, there have been THREE such reports in close succession, so something is different.

FYI - just about ANYTHING you can think of is an option, if they really want to do it/offer it. Of course a manager could be involved and extend dining in some cases, if they want. There's no change there.
Having 3 reports of it really means nothing, not when you think of the sheer number of guests with dining plans there at any time.
You had 3 reports because someone posted it, then someone else posted it after seeing it. And I'll be honest here, surely I'm not the only one that doesn't believe 100% of what I read here happens.
No, I'm not saying by any means that the scenario posted above didn't happen. Only that just because 3 people here have said it happened it doesn't mean it really did. Sometimes I take with a grain of salt.
I agree completely that when they do extend the credits it is an exception to the standing rule and I think that one more piece of the puzzle that should be considered by anyone who might be considering asking for this "exception" should also consider whether it makes sense for Disney to do so based on their planned hotel stays. In our case we not only had the same dining plan straight thru, but both resorts were in the deluxe category and we were actually going from a non-inexpensive to one that was more expensive than the first. (Please know that this was a trip of a lifetime and not an every day type of vacation for us!). Frankly, I would have been disappointed if Disney had not made the exception, both because our booking CM had assured me it would not be an issue and I, therefore, planned our ADRs and dining accordingly, and also because we were maintaining the same level of hotel stay which I think is applicable to the situation if anyone is thinking about asking a manager to extend the credits.
I don't think it's becoming the norm either, but I also don't think there was a misunderstanding. If the PP was the only one who had reported it, I would say it was Disney making things right since the booking CM had said it would be. But as I've said, there have been THREE such reports in close succession, so something is different.
And I do consider this scenario above a misunderstanding. The first CM that said it would be no problem was clearly incorrect. PP doesn't mention why it even came up. Did they ask about it being extended or did the CM offer it up just casually mentioning, oh, you have the same dining plan for both stays, they'll extend the first one for you? I mean, that's not something normally brought up when booking

Last edited:
Well when we checked in tonight to the first half of our split stay, the CM told us that carrying any credits over to the second half of our split stay would be at the discretion of the folks at the second hotel in the split stay. So, if we have anything left...I guess we will see how that all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter