Split stay Contemporary garden to CL?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
We tacked a night onto our trip when we saw a better flight. Staying club level at Contemporary but couldn’t justify the CL cost for the first night since we won’t arrive until after 9pm. I’m not familiar with the layout of the hotel / logistics of switching rooms, and we are traveling with a baby, so looking to keep it simple. Is it a pain to move from a garden view room to the main tower? Would it be substantially easier to stay in the main tower for our first night or does it not really matter? Thanks!

Since you are only talking about one night, it will be very easy for you. Just unpack what you absolutely need, and leave the rest in luggage. When you get up in the morning have bell services come and get your bags, then just head to the park for the day. When you come back and get your new room number, they will bring everything to your room for you! Super easy! Definitely save the money for that first night!

We tacked a night onto our trip when we saw a better flight. Staying club level at Contemporary but couldn’t justify the CL cost for the first night since we won’t arrive until after 9pm. I’m not familiar with the layout of the hotel / logistics of switching rooms, and we are traveling with a baby, so looking to keep it simple. Is it a pain to move from a garden view room to the main tower? Would it be substantially easier to stay in the main tower for our first night or does it not really matter? Thanks!

Switching rooms isn’t terribly difficult, but does require some thought/planning. Check-out is at 11am and check-in starts at 3pm. While your new room on Day #2 might be ready early, it might not... so plan for some “roomless” time. When ours were young and needed naps, this “unknown” was less than ideal for us, although we managed through it if needed.

The same will apply whether in a Garden Room or Tower room on night #1, so no material difference there. The Garden Rooms are a short walk away from the tower.

The PP describes the “what to do with your things” process well.

If this were us and depending on baby’s age/nap needs, we’d probably rather just have our real room and not deal with switching... but it’s manageable/not that big of a deal if you do what you’re contemplating to save some money.

Thanks so much!! I didn’t realize bell services will help move our stuff so that’s great. I wish our little guy was a napper but he’s not so that’s not a concern, haha. And my understanding is we can access the club lounge beginning that morning so if we need a midday break we can always hang out there til the new room is ready. Thanks again!

Personally, I *love* the Garden Wing. It's really not far at all from the Tower (although there are some rooms that are farther than others). To me, it seems like it would be easy enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter