Split Stay between PBH and HRH?

Tinkaroo

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first UOR trip for a few days in late July. We are looking at doing 2 nights in a premier specifically for the Express Passes, and going to get 1 adult AP for the hotel discounts. Previously, I'd been able to grab our first night in a GV 2 queen at PBH for a great rate, and then just this morning, a PV 2 queen at HRH opened up for our second night.

Ideally, we'd love to stay at one hotel for the entire time (I will keep checking religiously for that availability), but talk to me about a split stay, particularly for just 1 night each. The savings is certainly significant, or I wouldn't even entertain it. Does UOR help with luggage transfers, or should we just assume it would be best to use our own car for that? Anything else that would not be obvious to a first-time visitor that I should know about if we have to go this route?

We are a family of 4, with 2 boys (11 and 7).

Last edited:
We are planning our first UOR trip for a few days later in July. We are looking at doing 2 nights in a premier specifically for the Express Passes, and going to get 1 adult AP for the hotel discounts. Previously, I'd been able to grab our first night in a GV 2 queen at PBH for a great rate, and then just this morning, a PV 2 queen at HRH opened up for our second night.

Ideally, we'd love to stay at one hotel for the entire time (I will keep checking religiously for that availability), but talk to me about a split stay, particularly for just 1 night each. The savings is certainly significant, or I wouldn't even entertain it. Does UOR help with luggage transfers, or should we just assume it would be best to use our own car for that? Anything else that would not be obvious to a first-time visitor that I should know about if we have to go this route?

We are a family of 4, with 2 boys (11 and 7).
Are you doing 3 park days? If not, you only need 1 night in the EP resort for 2 days of EP. I'm not sure if they are doing luggage transfer these days.

I probably wouldn't do the split stay you propose, but if you do, maybe pack up in the morning and put your things in your car, then go to the parks. When you are ready to take a break, go back, move your car to the 2nd resort and check in. If your room is ready, unload. If not, hang out by the pool awhile? Definitely some extra work there but the EP does give you more free time.

We are only doing USF and IOA, but won't be arriving from elsewhere in FL until about mid-day on our first day. Thus, wanting 2 nights to give us two full days with Express; we'll probably go in for a few hours our first night to get the lay of the land. We've never been to UOR, and want to give our kids plenty of opportunity to ride (and re-ride) their favorites. Big fans of HP, Marvel, and Jurassic Park franchises.

I don't think the Lowe's UO hotels are doing luggage transfer currently but the good news is that PBH & HRH are directly across the street (Universal Blvd) from each other - you'll literally be able to just pack your car drive across the road & park & check in at HRH OR do as a previous poster suggested & pack your car, leave it at PBH until later, then move over to HRH when you'r ready later in the day.

Thanks for your suggestions thus far. Since luggage transfer doesn't sound like an option, would bell services at either resort hold our luggage until early afternoon if we have to switch resorts? With it being summer, I'm not keen on having toiletries and electronics sit in a hot car. We could move our luggage in the afternoon once a room is ready.

Thanks for your suggestions thus far. Since luggage transfer doesn't sound like an option, would bell services at either resort hold our luggage until early afternoon if we have to switch resorts? With it being summer, I'm not keen on having toiletries and electronics sit in a hot car. We could move our luggage in the afternoon once a room is ready.
Yes, bell services will hold your luggage at any resort. I was just thinking you could save even more by staying anywhere your first night if you didn’t need express pass until the morning. But that would mean early morning checkin at the EP resort To get the room keys for EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter