Split Stay at the same resort

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
Hello..

I know this has been discussed and I apologize; the search feature isn't working on my machine right now for some reason. :confused3

We're staying at AKL from August 20 to 28ty and I've got 2 sepereate bookings to check back in on the 24th so we can get the free dining. How have you done this and have you been able to stay in the same room? I would be willing to grease the palm of a front desk employee if that would help... ;)

Thanks!

Beth :yay:

We've only done split stays at two different resorts, but I've read posts on this board about your situation. It seems most folks get to stay in the same room, but there's never a guarantee.

I have done this. I was told at check in there was no guarantee of being able to stay in the same room, but they did keep me in the same room. I would feel pretty good about your chances.

We have done this many times because of some nights that are discounted and others that are not....we have always stayed in the same room

Call reservations and have them note in the first reservation that you have a continuing reservation at that resort. That should help.

Yes, we have done this, in fact we have done it at AKL, for the same reason you are........I had some nights at room only and then a package with Free Dining. The only thing that happened was when we checked out and then back in, they offered me a free upgrade to a Savannah View Room, 2 Queens, but I declined. We had an AWESOME pool view Bunk Bed room, which we loved and were happy with.

I have done this. I was told at check in there was no guarantee of being able to stay in the same room, but they did keep me in the same room.

We had the exact same experience at POR in 2004. Stayed in same room for our second reservation. In fact, a CM came TO THE ROOM in the morning to do the whole check out/check in process, so we didn't even have to go to the lobby. It was awesome.

Here is how it happened. The night before we were to check out/check in to the same resort, we received a message in our room saying this service was available and if we would like to use it, we needed to call the front desk that night to arrange a time the CM could come to our room. This was such a time saver. I don't know if this is still an option at Disney, this was a slow time of year, but it was great! The CM arrived at our room around 8:30 am, it took all of 5 minutes to switch over and DGS and I were off to the parks! :hyper:

I'll just add that this was a room only reservation, not a package, so our theme park tickets (which were purchased separately) were not part of this check out/check in process. Not sure if that makes a difference. Oh, and we tried to tip the CM for making the hike over and she politely refused, stating that this service is complimentary.

We just got back from All Star Movies on a split stay same resort and could not stay in the same room. My reservations were linked, I talked to a CM at the front desk and we could not stay in the same room, but they gave us a room in Dalmations that was empty so we just walked from Fantasia to Dalmations, got our new key to the world cards with dining, and we were all set. We just pulled our luggage to the new room instead of waiting for luggage transfer assistance.

Please do not offer or attempt to grease the palm of any Cast Member in an effort to be able to keep the same room on a split reservation (or in any other instance). If Disney can POSSIBLY do it, they will.

Note that there is a huge difference between standard tipping for a service provided (e.g. restaurant servers) and bribery. This is NOT a criticism of anybody's ideas or intentions - just information.

Please do not offer or attempt to grease the palm of any Cast Member in an effort to be able to keep the same room on a split reservation (or in any other instance). If Disney can POSSIBLY do it, they will.

Note that there is a huge difference between standard tipping for a service provided (e.g. restaurant servers) and bribery. This is NOT a criticism of anybody's ideas or intentions - just information.

Thanks for the info. I was mostly only kidding but it's good to know.

thanks for all the info about the split stay as well. We're using a Disney TA so I will ask her to note it on the ressies and I will speak to them at the front desk. I have to say though...if they offered me free upgrade to Savannah view, I'd have those bags packed up in a jiff! ::yes::

Thanks again!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Beth:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter