Split Resort Stay - How will my 180-day dining reservations work?

lesmouse

Earning My Ears
My dining reservations open-up on 5/7.
I have a split resort stay. When I made my reservation, I called Disney directly. The agent informed me that the resorts were 'linked'.

Our stays are 11/3-11/8 POP and 11/8-11/10 POR Royal Guest Room (for our special Royal Princess.)

I phoned Disney Dining tonight to ask a few questions. I'd been hoping to secure a BOG reservation for 11/9, but that may be outside of the window that I can reserve beginning on 5/7. I'm a little bit flexible on dates/times as we've got a lot of dates and we're doing the dining plan 11/3-11/8. The Disney Dining Reservations Agent informed me that I could reserve the 180-days dining for the first resort's days and then I need to wait for the 180-days for the second leg of the Resort stay, even though the resorts are linked.

Any experience/expertise?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Last edited:
It's alwas 180+10 no matter how long you're staying, so yes, you'll be able to reserve BoG when your first 180 opens. We do split stays and never had a problem making reservations that extended our first resort stay.

It's alwas 180+10 no matter how long you're staying, so yes, you'll be able to reserve BoG when your first 180 opens. We do split stays and never had a problem making reservations that extended our first resort stay.
Good info- Much appreciated! I need to finalize my plan of attack.
Hoping to secure that coveted reservation!

Agent informed me that I could reserve the 180-days dining for the first resort's days and then I need to wait for the 180-days for the second leg of the Resort stay, even though the resorts are linked.

This is correct. It is not really 180+10, but rather 180+length of stay up to 10. You have two separate stays and, thus, two separate ADR "start" dates.

This is correct. It is not really 180+10, but rather 180+length of stay up to 10. You have two separate stays and, thus, two separate ADR "start" dates.
But as long as you have consecutive reservations you won't have a problem making ADRs for the latter part of your stay. That's what I mean with "it doesn't matter how long you're staying".

But as long as you have consecutive reservations you won't have a problem making ADRs for the latter part of your stay. That's what I mean with "it doesn't matter how long you're staying".
When was the last time you had a split stay and could make all your reservations at once for both resort stays? The protocol changed a year or two ago. Split stays are treated as two completely separate stays when trying to make dining reservations now. It doesn't matter if the stays are back to back. You have to wait for the 180 day for each resort reservation.

To the OP: This time the Disney dining agent is correct. You will be able to make dining reservations for the first stay at 180 days through the check out day for that reservation. Then you will have to wait until the 180 day for the second reservation for the remainder of your vacation.

Not sure what "linked" means unless maybe the person meant they are linked to your MDE account? :confused3 As resorts, Pop and Port Orleans aren't connected to one another.

Last edited:
When was the last time you had a split stay and could make all your reservations at once for both resort stays? The protocol changed a year or two ago. Split stays are treated as two completely separate stays when trying to make dining reservations now. It doesn't matter if the stays are back to back. You have to wait for the 180 day for each resort reservation.
My last visit was back in 2014, so this is completely new to me. What a shame, I had plans to book BOG for our last day on our second reservation.

My last visit was back in 2014, so this is completely new to me. What a shame, I had plans to book BOG for our last day on our second reservation.
I think it was in 2015 when it changed. For a while if you called, the phone dining reservation castmember could still book both stays, but eventually even that option ended and now it's 180 through each check out date. At least now you won't be caught unaware when you make your reservations. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter