Split Payments for an ADR of 5 people and Debit Visa

yuKime

Earning My Ears
Might be a silly question but, are you allowed to split the payment (we are all paying with credit cards) for a group of 5. 1 couple wanted to pay their own meal while the remaining three will go in another credit card. Or is this frowned upon at Disney due to the hassle?

Also, we are from Canada, does debit visa work at the theme parks?

Might be a silly question but, are you allowed to split the payment (we are all paying with credit cards) for a group of 5. 1 couple wanted to pay their own meal while the remaining three will go in another credit card. Or is this frowned upon at Disney due to the hassle?

Also, we are from Canada, does debit visa work at the theme parks?

It's no trouble to split the check but I'd tell your server when you are first greeted that you'll be doing that. As far as this Canadian is aware your Visa Debit card will be treated like a Visa credit card in the US... but I'm not 100% sure.

Our trip May 2015 we had to do this in almost every eatery. I traveled with my immediate family of 8, plus my mom, and sister, who each wanted to pay with their own gift cards or credit cards. We would just tell the server and they never once acted like it was annoying.

No problem splitting the bills. Just let the server know at the beginning of the meal.

On the CC I would call your CC company or bank and ask if there will be additional charges for using it out of your country. DH and I have 3 CC that we can use outside the US and not have any additional fees. We traveled with some friends and they used there CC when we were at Margaritaville on Grand Turks, and again at Paradise Island in the Bahamas and they got a nice surprise when they got home for using it outside of the US...

On a personal note, DH and I never use our debit card when traveling, we prefer to use our CC's because if anything should happen we don't want them having access to our main account, and CC companies will deny or freeze accounts or refund charges faster than at the bank level...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter