Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Better" is a metter of opinion. I love Splash Mountain and it's music. Actually I am surporised at all the love for the PATF music - I always thought it was underwhelming. I mean, does anyone besides Lisa Simpson actually like Jazz? 😜
I do many of things on these boards, but give opinions is not one of them. Everything I say is a true fact.

Well we don't know when it will happen yet.

You’re right. We only know its going to be open on July 11th. But I seriously doubt they officially announce the ride change and then not even start construction until 2022. We’re probably looking at, the earliest, end of summer, latest, January-February 2021 closure

I hope they wait on this until things are operating closer to normal and there’s less cuts due to loss of revenue. There’s other attractions that should come first that have been impacted by COVID.

SSE has been postponed at this point, and that ride really needs some love. It’s a shell of its former self and the ride itself feels really rough, rickety, and old. Epcot itself looked so promising with everything that it was getting and a lot of people are concerned it’s going to be facing a lot of cuts (save for Rat and Guardians).

If people think this thread takes away from bigger issues in the world, probably best to read about those issues instead of a Disney World ride refurb? The board in generally is vast majority first world problems given that it focuses so heavily on Disney and vacation planning.

I don’t know about you guys but posting about something online doesn’t mean it’s the only thing I concern myself with.

I still can’t wrap my around that Disney movie, where the father was white, the mother was black, and their kid was Asian. That never made sense to me.

I bet if you ask kids that ride this ride about Song of the South, they’d have no clue what you’re talking about.

But this will make some people happy. They better upgrade the ride like Universal did with the Jurassic Park ride.

Make it better.

This is so wrong. I hate this. One of the most popular rides in the park. Obviously the park visitors haven't been upset by the ride that they continue to enjoy. Millions ride this every year, but Disney's going to change it because of 20,000 signatures - Unbelievable!

I mean I get the IP issue, but....think of the possibilities they can do with this ride with Princess and Frog theme - it is still a fantastic Disney movie done in the classical animation style after all.

The Bayou swamp, the voodoo, the music, the colors, the lightning bugs (fireflies), Evangeline!!!

This could end up being spectacular!!!

0d84fcb5865653a37cbda962a93a3232.png

Guess I'll see it in 2023!
:D

Last edited:
You’d think this could have waited until after the 50th. Having active construction on a major attraction during an anniversary like the 50th just seems weird and bad timing. I’m sure they’ll close it during its yearly maintenance timeframe of February, but maybe it’s sooner, maybe it’s later. Its going to take a while to completely retheme it, I don’t envision a TOT to Guardians type situation, unless they budget cut the crap out of it
I honestly think it will wait til after the 50th. I don't think it's far enough into development at this point. They also need to get Tron finished and Galaxy and Rat finished first. They might start on the Disneyland version first and wait for World's til 2023.

I still can’t wrap my around that Disney movie, where the father was white, the mother was black, and their kid was Asian. That never made sense to me.

Are you talking about the absolute best version of Cinderella ever??

LOL, I really do love that version, I just didn't know if that's the movie you're talking about.

I don't get this mindset.

Are people not allowed to be passionate about things?

This weird mindset is essentially "nothing you like actually matters so stop caring about it."

What kind of empty life is that?

Oh, I see that all the time. If you are even remotely dissappointed about something in entertainment then you ABSOLUTELY HATED IT AND WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET ABOUT THIS AND IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER AND YOU ARE JUST STRESSING OVER NOTHING. What about all those really excited about it? Can they really be that excited for a theme park ride?

Sure, it's not a big deal in the larger scope of the world, but I still have feelings about it. Also, my concerns have nothing to do with the connotations being ascribed - they are purely artistic. Now my "Splash Mountain" movie will never get made. Actually, I really hope they keep the Splash Mountain name - how about "Tiana & Naveen's Journey to Splash Mountain"?

Totally understand why it needed to happen, though I'm still sad to see my fav go. Guess I'm buying every piece of Splash Mountain merchandise I can find this trip. 😆
[/QUOTE]
That's what Disney is hoping people will be doing. I'm of the thought this will not be happening soon as they just recently stopped or put other projects and the SPE update on hold. Seems like this was announced so they can say they have addressed and have a plan when they we open in case anymore bad press comes up due to Splash Mountain. I believe they were working on this re-skin for Disneyland but given the recent media attention also pushed decided to do this for WDW to appease the Twitter mob.

Oh, I see that all the time. If you are even remotely dissappointed about something in entertainment then you ABSOLUTELY HATED IT AND WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET ABOUT THIS AND IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER AND YOU ARE JUST STRESSING OVER NOTHING. What about all those really excited about it? Can they really be that excited for a theme park ride?

Sure, it's not a big deal in the larger scope of the world, but I still have feelings about it. Also, my concerns have nothing to do with the connotations being ascribed - they are purely artistic. Now my "Splash Mountain" movie will never get made. Actually, I really hope they keep the Splash Mountain name - how about "Tiana & Naveen's Journey to Splash Mountain"?

It's a miserable and myopic vision of what life should be.

I honestly think it will wait til after the 50th. I don't think it's far enough into development at this point. They also need to get Tron finished and Galaxy and Rat finished first. They might start on the Disneyland version first and wait for World's til 2023.

I’d like that, but I dont remember Disney ever making a ride/attraction announcement and waiting very long to start working on it. Most have been a few months notice at most

For those out there that truly believe, this "has been discussed for well over a year", I have a bridge that I'm selling in Brooklyn that I can give you for a great price

I believe them that it’s been discussed. It’s no secret that it has been based on problematic IP, even before recent events. There are probably zillions of ideas that have been discussed that we never hear about.

Given the projects that have been put on hold, I agree with whoever up thread said this one may have been announced earlier than normal and will not be coming for a significant amount of time. Who knows.

The announcement may be reactionary to recent events, but I don’t think the actual refurb is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter