Spirit jerseys unisex?

Gelatoni

Earning My Ears
I'm a new member on here, so apologies if I haven't posted in the right place!

I've always loved the spirit jerseys, and been meaning to get one for a while.

I've now seen the iridescent one and i'm in love with it!!!

However on the 'shopdisney' page, when applying the Male filter that one doesn't appear :(

Does that mean the fitting is for women only? I really really want one! I thought they were unisex but maybe i'm wrong.

All the spirit jerseys are classified as womens by Disney, but the fit is unisex (or womens oversized) so there is no tapering at the waist like a traditional women's cut shirt

However on the 'shopdisney' page, when applying the Male filter that one doesn't appear :(

Does that mean the fitting is for women only? I really really want one! I thought they were unisex but maybe i'm wrong.
:welcome: to DISboards, Gelatoni!

All Disney-brand shopping questions do belong here on TPAS. :)

You can use the Sizing Chart to determine the correct size for you - they are very loose fitting. If you check #disneyspiritjersey on Instagram you’ll see that they are indeed unisex shirts.

All the spirit jerseys are classified as womens by Disney, but the fit is unisex (or womens oversized) so there is no tapering at the waist like a traditional women's cut shirt

Not all of them are SureAsLiz, actually a lot of them are listed under Mens on the shopdisney website.

I was just curious why the iridescent one isn't listed under mens - thought it could be a fitting thing.

You can certainly feel free to wear whatever you want but they are designed for women and I have personally never seen a male wear one.

I'm sure you could likely find one that fits though.

Not all of them are SureAsLiz, actually a lot of them are listed under Mens on the shopdisney website.

I was just curious why the iridescent one isn't listed under mens - thought it could be a fitting thing.

Its a color thing, not a fit thing. For whatever reason, only the stone wash/green ones are listed as mens. I have been buying them since they were first released and the sizing is no different between the colors.
For reference, they are true to unisex sizing not womens sizing

I have tweeted ShopDisney on this as it seems really weird that they have 17 Spirit Jerseys listed as Mens online, and also in the mens sections in the stores. I've also seen lots of guys wearing them around the parks?

I'm from the UK, just wondering if this is a US thing - we don't have spirit jerseys over here so it's a new thing. Do you mean that although Disney are officially classifying them as Mens, they have a long standing history of being for women in the US and that's they some people here are saying that?

Trying to see where you're coming from on this :)

Now i'm questioning all of them let alone the iridescent one I like :(

I have tweeted ShopDisney on this as it seems really weird that they have 17 Spirit Jerseys listed as Mens online, and also in the mens sections in the stores. I've also seen lots of guys wearing them around the parks?

I'm from the UK, just wondering if this is a US thing - we don't have spirit jerseys over here so it's a new thing. Do you mean that although Disney are officially classifying them as Mens, they have a long standing history of being for women in the US and that's they some people here are saying that?

Trying to see where you're coming from on this :)

Now i'm questioning all of them let alone the iridescent one I like :(

In the United States spirit jerseys are traditionally clothes that women wear. That certainly doesn't mean that men never wear them but they are generally regarded as female. If you like them you should feel free to wear.

OK, that makes sense. Well so long as i'm not going to get strange looks (which shouldn't matter anyway really), I will wear one with pride :stitch2:

What makes a baggy, plain shirt into a "spirit jersey"?
Spirit Jersey is a brand. But the style is more than a plain long sleeve shirt
Its hard to explain, but they are designed with an oversized dropped shoulder, and seam around the chest based on a football jersey.
As far as I can tell, they were designed for college football teams originally and have since spread into more general fashion

Have you found the blue iridescent one online? I was there 2 weeks ago and only found it in one store. Figuring I’d see it later I wanted to purchase and never saw it again. I’ve tried to find it online to no avail. Thanks!

I was going to post the link just now, but I've just done a search and it's no longer showing! I guess that means they sold out?

I was going to post the link just now, but I've just done a search and it's no longer showing! I guess that means they sold out?
Or, they are only stocking them in the parks before they decide to put them on the websites again. Disney does that with highly popular items because it brings people into the parks.

I'm heading over next month so will have a good look for them. I prefer seeing things in person anyway.

The name across the back/shoulders. It's done for schools, teams, etc.

Spirit Jersey is a brand. But the style is more than a plain long sleeve shirt
Its hard to explain, but they are designed with an oversized dropped shoulder, and seam around the chest based on a football jersey.
As far as I can tell, they were designed for college football teams originally and have since spread into more general fashion

OK, that makes some sense, being it's to promote a college, etc. Thanks!

I've only ever seen spirit jerseys worn by females, so I was surprised to see the "manly" design ones at World of Disney. There was an olive green one and at least one other design. They had more block fonts--just looked more like a "guy" design. Maybe the guys will like them too--they are comfortable. I just wish they'd come out with them 2-3 years ago when they were more in style; my DD16 didn't even want one (although that saved me $$ LOL).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter