• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spiral sliced ham question-Update

Rafikifan

DIS Veteran
I need advice. When I cook a ham for my family I get whole hams, and not spiral sliced. I offered to bring one for Christmas. Sis in law has brought them but they were always so dry! Any tips on how to not dry it out by reheating it? TIA.

UPDATE: Thank you all for your advice. My ham turned out great. Not dry at all. Thanks again!

Heavenly Ham. No need to cook it. It is already cooked and cut. The outside glaze is to die for.

we had one last year and I made sure that the aluminum foil was tucked in really good and I had water in the bottom of the pan for more moisture

I do what Pumba said, keep it wrapped in foil until the last 15 mintues or so, and keep water in the bottom of the pan. I even "baste" it every so often with the water or as my kids say the "juice" from the pan. So far every one has been pretty moist. Good luck.

in the bottom of the pan with the ham, seal it up very well with foil and put it in a low over (275-300) for bwt 30-45 minutes. It just warms up the ham without drying it out.
Enjoy!

I use a mixture of brown sugar and Coke and baste the ham occasionally, while it bakes. So far (knock on wood), no dry hams at our house.

I made one for xmas dinner.

Used my pampered chef roasting pan, sprayed the bottom with Pam, put ham in, covered with foil and baked for about 5 minutes a pound. Didn't add any water and it turned out great--moist and tender.

Rafikifan said:
I need advice. When I cook a ham for my family I get whole hams, and not spiral sliced. I offered to bring one for Christmas. Sis in law has brought them but they were always so dry! Any tips on how to not dry it out by reheating it? TIA.

UPDATE: Thank you all for your advice. My ham turned out great. Not dry at all. Thanks again!

You know what's gonna happen, now, don't you, Rafikifan?? You're gonna be expected to bring one of your moist, juicy hams every year! :laughing: That's the downside of doing a good job. ;)

Pat

341 days and counting . . . again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter