SPINOFF: Did your elementary school teachers come to your birthday parties?

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
The "Do you keep in touch with your teachers" thread reminded me of the 3 girls who live 2 doors down. When we were in elementary school, they always invited their teachers and the school nurse to their birthday parties, and they always came. I always found that odd. And yes, we actually had a school nurse back in the 1960s, something my kids never had at any of their schools.

Never.

I did get a couple of invitations to my student's birthday parties over the years, but I always declined.

No, but all of our schools have full time nurses, with offices, and the middle and high school have cots in curtained areas for kids to rest.

Yes, but my ds is friends with her child, and I'm friends with her. We don't have parties anymore since the kids are older though.

No, but I invited my grade 2 teacher to lunch..and she came. My mom cooked her favourite meal and then we walked back to school together. It was very cool at the time to ask her for lunch. Most of the girls did it that year lol

I did go to the wedding ceremony of my 3rd grade teacher. She invited the whole class. She was moving away after the honeymoon. We exchanged letters for a year or two.

When DS was in first grade, his teacher showed up while we were at a classmate's birthday party. All of the kids were excited to see her there. She brought the birthday girl a book, watched the kids bowl and stayed for cake. It was her first year teaching and she was excited about everything! I don't know if she attended any parties after that, but I'm thinking she probably did not.

The "Do you keep in touch with your teachers" thread reminded me of the 3 girls who live 2 doors down. When we were in elementary school, they always invited their teachers and the school nurse to their birthday parties, and they always came. I always found that odd. And yes, we actually had a school nurse back in the 1960s, something my kids never had at any of their schools.
Only if they have also been friends outside of school.

We have health room staff in every school who have special training and have been legally delegated by the district RNs some medical tasks such as giving meds. There are health rooms in every school with places to lay down, specific med fridges, etc. We do not have actual RNs in every school.

No. In elem. school I mostly had nuns as teachers so I def. wouldn't have wanted them there. Don't recall ever going to any parties when I was young and seeing any teachers there.

Nope, never. My first grade teacher invited the class to the church ceremony of her wedding though.

My sons year 7 eng teacher is a friend of the family so she comes to things but that's about it.

Absolutely not.

Around here, unless the teacher is already a family friend, it simply doesn't happen.

Besides, I was in elementary school in the late 60's. I was in a class of 50. That would have been an awful lot of birthday presents for the poor nun to buy.

Uh, no.
That would be really weird in my opinion unless the teacher was a family friend.
I did invite a couple teachers to my grad party and they did come but I feel like that's a bit of a different situation since its celebrating graduating from school which is where you saw those people day in and day out some for all 4 years of high school and they helped you accomplish what you are celebrating.

I don't remember any teachers at birthday parties when I was little, but I do remember being taken to their houses for trick-or-treating.

Only if they have also been friends outside of school.

We have health room staff in every school who have special training and have been legally delegated by the district RNs some medical tasks such as giving meds. There are health rooms in every school with places to lay down, specific med fridges, etc. We do not have actual RNs in every school.
In the district I live in they did away with nurses years ago. By California law each school must designate a school employee to administer medications.
http://www.sanjuan.edu/Page/6808

I only had one party and it was one that my sister gave me for my birthday and Christmas gift. I wasn't very old maybe 5 at the time. But that was it so no teachers were invited.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter