Spin off by request

Look, there's no such thing as perfect, but something I've told my kids over and over was how easy they were to bring up. Which includes:

• Trying your best in school, specifically high school.
  • Not being a discipline problem, at home or school.
  • Staying away from drugs, alcohol, violence, etc.
  • Treating everyone with love and respect (ie, not being a bigot)
  • Hanging out with kids that do the same.
Basically, a "perfect kid" brings home good report cards, doesn't get detention (except that one time when they forged a teacher's signature...even though the teacher told them to), never gets arrested, isn't addicted to anything, isn't a little racist/sexist jerk, and never gets pregnant.

Last edited:
so the existence of perfection ends in one single generation.

Well, once they aren't a kid any more, they don't qualify for the "perfect kid" moniker. So, in context of the definition of "perfect kid", "never" only lasts through their teenage years.

It should also be noted that this doesn't include incidents of rape or incest. But if you want to be pedantic about it, I'll add a footnote or something.

Last edited:
Well, once they aren't a kid any more, they don't qualify for the "perfect kid" moniker. So, in context of the definition of "perfect kid", "never" only lasts through their teenage years.

It should also be noted that this doesn't include incidents of rape or incest. But if you want to be pedantic about it, I'll add a footnote or something.

i could'nt resist............... and from what i read about other people's perfect 'kids' on these boards many of them seem to be well into their 20's and 30's (my mom did'nt stop referring to my oldest brother as one of her 'kids' until he hit 50-though in her mind at that point he just transitioned into being her 'perfect child'.

One that collects Barbies and GI Joes, lives in a rectangular shaped house, and wears Disney clothing all the time
And is into outer space. :thumbsup2
Do they wear their Disney professionally while starring in sci fi movies that take place in outer space? Barbies only count if they're classy. Because that would be perfection.

No such thing and there never was. My wife and I had a saying before our first born, "you will suffer the wrath of your children". Meaning, anything that bugs you about your spouse (or as it turns out, your inlaws), will be magnified in your kids. Learn to love each other's faults - works for us...but the kids can certainly drive us crazy at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter