Spiderman Webslingers Ride at DCA and Lack of Full Hand and Wrist Dexterity

c_los75

Earning My Ears
I'm going to DCA for the first time since the Avengers Campus has opened. I would like to ride the Spiderman Webslingers ride.

Now, I know the ride is wheelchair accessible, so I won't have any problems with that. But, my disability also affects my hands and wrists. I can't position my fingers in the 'webshooting/THWIP!' position. I can point with my pointing fingers on each hand. I also can't turn my wrists over so my palms are facing up. My right palm can turn sideways, like giving a handshake. My left palm is always faced down.

Will I be able to 'shoot' the targets as much as those who do it 'normally'? Or, will it not register as shots?

I'm going to DCA for the first time since the Avengers Campus has opened. I would like to ride the Spiderman Webslingers ride.

Now, I know the ride is wheelchair accessible, so I won't have any problems with that. But, my disability also affects my hands and wrists. I can't position my fingers in the 'webshooting/THWIP!' position. I can point with my pointing fingers on each hand. I also can't turn my wrists over so my palms are facing up. My right palm can turn sideways, like giving a handshake. My left palm is always faced down.

Will I be able to 'shoot' the targets as much as those who do it 'normally'? Or, will it not register as shots?

You will be fine. I basically throw overhand when I ride. Kind of like throwing a ball. I don't put it in web shooting position. And 95% of the time, I have the high score in the car. I read someone else say that they basically punch towards the targets.

I basically do sideways, palm down "karate chops" for lack of a better explanation. You do NOT need to have your hands in any specific orientation. The sensors are actually looking at your entire arm and as long as you move them enough, a web will shoot out. You should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter