Spice Road Table viewing for Illuminations

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
I have an upcoming reservation at this restaurant at 8pm with Illuminations starting at 9. Will I be able to see the show from this restaurant? I'm assuming I can request a window table, but if I am unable to get one, is there a place where patrons can get up and watch the show? It will be two of us, and we have seen Illuminations many times. We have been wanting to try this restaurant and I thought it would be a good way to combine both. Thanks in advance for any input!

Actually, there is limited viewing for most on the patio since there is only about 5-6 tables along the rail. The next row in, and maybe one more will have something of a view. Farther in than that will have obstructed view due to pillars, heaters if out and low ceilings. There is no where to stand and watch the show, the tables go from wall to fence. You would be expected to stay at your table.

Inside there are again tables along the windows, not many.

In addition there is an island between the restaurant and main part of the show that will cause obstructions.

If Illuminations is a priority to view and not just experience as "background" I would be finding a spot around the lake. If you just want the music and seeing pieces of it, Spice Road is nice spot to be.

Here are some different angles.

Disney Food Blog
Spice-Road-Table-outdoor-11.jpg

WDW Magic

Spice-Road-Table_Full_20190.jpg

Mouse for Less - 1st picture you see is Island, 2nd picture is view from end table so you can see that farther in you would miss much of it higher show and low you see the island that blocks much of globe and lower.

spice-road-menu.jpg

Spice-Road-Table-Illuminations.jpg

Here is inside, you can see it is not large.

0110ZW_0016MS.jpg

Thank you! Very informative. Love all the pics with perspective of the Illminations view. I think I will show up a bit early and request an inside table at the window. Tell them we will be willing to wait. If it happens, great! If not, we will be fine with that also. Illuminations is not the priority, and we can schedule a night later in the week if we really want to. Really excited to try the food here!

Thank you! Very informative. Love all the pics with perspective of the Illminations view. I think I will show up a bit early and request an inside table at the window. Tell them we will be willing to wait. If it happens, great! If not, we will be fine with that also. Illuminations is not the priority, and we can schedule a night later in the week if we really want to. Really excited to try the food here!

That is what I would do. We enjoy it there and have sat in a few spots and realize most is not optimal viewing but a nice place to be if you are okay with background. We have found the staff there to be very friendly and wanting to please, it's one place I would chance them working with a request if they can.

We were there this past week and would have had no problem getting a window table for the show, but we weren't planning on staying for it and let them know so they could seat others in those spots...the staff was fantastic and the food was some of the best in WDW.

We were there this past week and would have had no problem getting a window table for the show, but we weren't planning on staying for it and let them know so they could seat others in those spots...the staff was fantastic and the food was some of the best in WDW.

Great to know - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter