• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Spending Money"

We're (DW and I) doing a 4-night on the Wonder in May. We pre-paid rainforest, and will pre-pay tips. We're doing Palo and the $32 pp snorkel/bike/float combo at CC. We have no plan to do shutters. We're bringing on liquor for mid-day and pre-dinner cocktails, though we'll probably buy a few drinks otherwise. We plan to do Key West on out own, and to stay on-board for Nassau. We're bringing cash for room service and extra tips.

All of that said, I had thought that $150/day would be more than enough. Am I underestimating my cost?

Easy to figure out:
tips $12x2x4=$96
CC $32x2=$32
Palo $20x2=$40
Lots of room for drinks or other things on a budget of $150x4=$600. Probably $300 will cover it all.

What were the issues on the rainforest?

Just the inconsistent service of the little things. It literally was something every day. No cups for water then no cups. I bought the couple week long pass for myself and my father (birthday present) and the third time he used it ( we were together and neither of our cards had a sticker) they chased him down the hall accusing him of stealing the rainforest. I complained to the spa as that was the breaking point and their attitude was like they didn't care. I went to guest services who ended up credited my mom for half the cost which I had them moved to my account since I paid for it. It just wasn't enjoyable as it was on my other cruises. :(

Easy to figure out:
tips $12x2x4=$96
CC $32x2=$32
Palo $20x2=$40
Lots of room for drinks or other things on a budget of $150x4=$600. Probably $300 will cover it all.

Do you not tip at Palo? Or was that included in your tip line item?

Hat is what we almost spend one a week long cruise. We do not do shore excursions except Alaska. We do pre pay our tips with the price of the cruise. It is added to the cost of the cruise and is paid at final payment. I started this a few years back and have done it ever since. We buy the beer mug, a photo maybe. I would like to one day at CC do the sting ray thing but always do something else. I just can not justify the cost of the CD. I do find stuff in the shops. I usually buy a Camilla charm, bathing suit, earrings pins.

Do you not tip at Palo? Or was that included in your tip line item?

Most do tip extra to the Palo servers, but the person who asked the question said he was bringing cash for the extra tips. The $96 is just the suggested tip for dining servers and cabin host.

I went on a 4 day cruise with my daughter and a 7 day with 2 daughters. We really didn't spend that much on board except the tips, one shopping trip, one or two drinks, a hair braid ($13) and a spa charge. I knew how much the excursions I had selected cost, and was pretty close on the final charges with the running total in my head. No surprises.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter