• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Specific "Retired" Coach Purse, How-to-find?

DisneyBill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DVC Silver
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Our DD has her heart set on a particular Coach purse, many have been/are available on ebay. How would I go about finding this item the way the sellers have on ebay? TIA

Which one is it?
Do you have a decription?

I love Coach and I would love to give you a hand

Coach has so many different handbags. The best way would be to try to find out the style name or get as detailed of a description as you can then search on ebay.

pongoperdigirl said:
Which one is it?
Do you have a decription?

I love Coach and I would love to give you a hand
Thanks, it is Hobo Indigo #10019, denim color not khaki. There's a bunch on ebay, but I'm looking for other sources. Appreciate any input.

DisneyBill said:
Thanks, it is Hobo Indigo #10019, denim color not khaki. There's a bunch on ebay, but I'm looking for other sources. Appreciate any input.

Coach runs outlets all over the US. Check this (although old) list to see if there's one near you. http://www.malls-info.com/outlet/coachoutletstores.html If there is, search the web further to find a number to call & make sure they're still there and even to ask if they have what you're looking for - you may luck out ;)

If you decide to go through eBay make sure you deal with a seller with fantastic feedback and who guarentees authenticity. In the designer handbag world - on ebay in particular - there are fakes everywhere & it's hard to tell by just a pic.

Best of luck in your quest!

Is it the patchwork one?

They have a Coach Patchwork Hobo in color Indigo on an American Express rewards website that I use but it is 278.00 (they often carrry stuff that is a season or two behind) I wish I could link you to it but I don't think the link would work because I have to sign in.

You are probably going to get a better price on ebay but you may end up with a fake.

Is it this one on Amazon. They are being sold by a private seller through Amazon. Not sure about authenticity, but they seem to have good feedback.

I googled "coach Hobo Indigo #10019", and that was the first link that came up. When I searched Ebay for the same thing, I got 5 auction and 1 store result.

I would probably try to call the Coach outlets first and see if they have it and can ship to you. For that much money I want to know for sure that it's the real thing.

Thanks for the replies. DW visited a Coach outlet on black friday, they didn't have it then and I've called a couple that don't have it either. I was hoping to find a retailer, or other source to buy from so I can have some assurance the item is geniune, and hopefully buy it for the prices that those selling on ebay paid for their's. Thanks again.

Please be very careful if you buy any from E-bay or sources like that. My SIL bought one on E-bay just recently, the seller said it was a "real" coach bag and had the paperwork with it to prove it. It is NOT real. It is a counterfeit and now she has to fill out all kinds of paperwork etc to dispute the charge on her credit card bill etc. After talking to E-bay she even has to turn in a claim to our local sheriffs office because it is illegal to ship anything counterfeit. What a pain! Just wanted to make sure people are aware of some of things that are being sold on the Internet so that no one else gets burned! Hope you find your purse! :thumbsup2

I am the one that got scammed on ebay. The "seller" had a 100% good feedback record. Their account had been hijacked. If you are thinking of buying off of ebay (especially handbags) please read up on counterfeit bags. This bag that I bought was the blue patchwork and is the ugliest bag I have seen ever! Clues to look for, outrages shipping charges (ie. its coming from China, not Half Moon Bay CA.) If the selling page looks like a lot of other pages, dont bite! "My" bag is pitiful. I saw a real Coach today and it is stunning! Maybe someone can learn from my bad. Good luck and if it sounds too good to be true than it is.

gnbuggy said:
I am the one that got scammed on ebay. The "seller" had a 100% good feedback record. Their account had been hijacked. If you are thinking of buying off of ebay (especially handbags) please read up on counterfeit bags. This bag that I bought was the blue patchwork and is the ugliest bag I have seen ever! Clues to look for, outrages shipping charges (ie. its coming from China, not Half Moon Bay CA.) If the selling page looks like a lot of other pages, dont bite! "My" bag is pitiful. I saw a real Coach today and it is stunning! Maybe someone can learn from my bad. Good luck and if it sounds too good to be true than it is.
Wow, sorry to read about your misfortune. This is one of the reasons I'm hunting another source (still hunting BTW). Hope your situation gets resolved.

DisneyBill, Macy's is a great idea to look fot it I looked online at the Macy's website but didn't see it on sale you could call and see if they can search all the stores to find one on sale and have them ship it to you. Also, we are going to the Coach store on Sunday, We will look and see if they have it there. If they do I will post you their phone # and that might be a possibility! Not sure how sales taxes work exactly but we don't have sales tax here so maybe if you bought it here you wouldn't have to pay sales tax? :)

OregonDisneyFanatic said:
DisneyBill, Macy's is a great idea to look fot it I looked online at the Macy's website but didn't see it on sale you could call and see if they can search all the stores to find one on sale and have them ship it to you. Also, we are going to the Coach store on Sunday, We will look and see if they have it there. If they do I will post you their phone # and that might be a possibility! Not sure how sales taxes work exactly but we don't have sales tax here so maybe if you bought it here you wouldn't have to pay sales tax? :)
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to brave the malls and go to Macy's tonight.

DisneyBill said:
Thanks for all the help! I'm going to brave the malls and go to Macy's tonight.

Hopefully it won't be to busy! I will look though when we go on Sunday and let you know. :thumbsup2

Disneybill, How is your search going? We went the Coach store today and they didn't have the bag. BUT....I think we found it at Macy's, and it was 25% off. PM me if you want the phone number for them. :goodvibes

OregonDisneyFanatic said:
Disneybill, How is your search going? We went the Coach store today and they didn't have the bag. BUT....I think we found it at Macy's, and it was 25% off. PM me if you want the phone number for them. :goodvibes
We didn't find the item at any local department stores or outlet malls in the area. DW came home Saturday evening with an alternative D&B purse for DD.

I appreciate your help, I'll mention to DW that a Macy's may have it and see what she has to say. Thanks!!!!

DisneyBill said:
We didn't find the item at any local department stores or outlet malls in the area. DW came home Saturday evening with an alternative D&B purse for DD.

I appreciate your help, I'll mention to DW that a Macy's may have it and see what she has to say. Thanks!!!!

Just let me know. Glad you DW found something. I love D&B too, so she shouldn't go wrong there either. Have a great day!

Be careful with counterfiet designer purses, especially Coach. I booght a Coach wallet that seemd fake (great quality, but a few tel tale signs). I took it to a Coach store and they said it looked like a high-quality fake to them as well. They said they could send it to Coach to determine if it was fake, but it it was indeed a fake Coach would keep it. Coach doesn't want counterfiet bags around. Also, Coach might even file charges against me for posession of a fake wallet. Kind of like counterfit money--the "bearer" gets the blame. I just kept it--it is a nice wallet and for the price I can't complain.

I'm doing some selling on Ebay and found some Coach purses at an outlet store. I considered buying them to re-sell on Ebay but decided against it. Its just too much of a hassle--Coach even says it won't guarantee their bags as authentic unless purchased directly from an authorized Coach dealer, so I might be buying a counterfiet from an outlet...........too much hassle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter