Special needs pass at USH?

beckyc1980

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
Traveling to universal studios Hollywood this may for the first time is FOREVER and I'm wondering if they offer any type of special needs fast pass like Disneyland does. We have an ASD child and the special needs fast pass at Disneyland has been very helpful for us so I'm hoping they have the same thing at USH. Thanks!

They have a program similar to Disney's but it's really hard to get. We went last month; one of my kids has fairly mild ASD and both have multiple physical disabilities. They would not give us the assistance pass. Instead they have "family waiting areas" which are rooms built close to the front of the line where you can wait until it's your turn. The theory is it's a "quiet place" where they can move around, to avoid problems related to being confined, overestimulated, etc. We tried exactly twice to use the waiting rooms, but there were multiple other kids using it both times who were screaming and crying, which then triggered my daughter. Plus, she didn't understand what we were waiting for, which didn't help. From a behavioral standpoint, In a way she might have done better in the actual line, I think then she would at least understand why she waswaiting, since she is used to waiting in the fast pass lines at Disney. another potential problem I could see, that we didn't actually experience, is that to get to some (not all) of the waiting rooms, it looks like you are headed to the front of the line. I can see where a kid would melt down if he thought he was about to get on a ride, then has to wait instead. It was not a good experience, we left early and will not go back.

I should mention we did not go back to guest services to explain why the family rooms weren't working. Possibly if we had gone back they would have given us the pass. Easier to get the kids to the hotel to calm down, then later decided it would be more fun to go to Disney springs

I should mention we did not go back to guest services to explain why the family rooms weren't working. Possibly if we had gone back they would have given us the pass. Easier to get the kids to the hotel to calm down, then later decided it would be more fun to go to Disney springs

To clarify, was this at Universal Studios Orlando or Universal Studios Hollywood? Your mention of "Disney Springs" makes me think this was in Florida, but OP asked about (and I was wondering about) California.

To clarify, was this at Universal Studios Orlando or Universal Studios Hollywood? Your mention of "Disney Springs" makes me think this was in Florida, but OP asked about (and I was wondering about) California.[/QUOTE. It was in orlando

We were at USH February 11 and 12. DS has Autism and ADHD. I went to Guest Services and barely had started to explain when they got the form out and started filling it in. It wasn't too busy, we just showed it at each ride and they put us in to the Front of the Line queue. So helpful, DS got to go on all his favourites and did well the whole time...

We were at USH February 11 and 12. DS has Autism and ADHD. I went to Guest Services and barely had started to explain when they got the form out and started filling it in. It wasn't too busy, we just showed it at each ride and they put us in to the Front of the Line queue. So helpful, DS got to go on all his favourites and did well the whole time...

The one you describing is usually much harder to get. Maybe it was because the parks weren't busy. The US attraction assistance pass is suppose to work just like the DAS pass where you are given a return time. The only difference is that Universal takes 30 minutes of the standby time I believe.
They have a pass that is one higher thay is basically a free express pass but it is suppose to be really hard tonget because it is considered extra accomidation since it drastically reduces wait times and is an actual paid for product.

This was our first visit to USH, it wasn't busy in the park overall so regular wait times were not long either. We were told that if a wait was over 30 minutes we would be given a return time but that never happened. That was our only experience with the program, at Universal in Orlando, we just stay in one of the hotels onsite and use the regular Front of the Line pass. DS moves around a lot in line, has issues with bumping into people, so maybe that's why they agreed so readily?

The one you describing is usually much harder to get. Maybe it was because the parks weren't busy. The US attraction assistance pass is suppose to work just like the DAS pass where you are given a return time. The only difference is that Universal takes 30 minutes of the standby time I believe.
They have a pass that is one higher thay is basically a free express pass but it is suppose to be really hard tonget because it is considered extra accomidation since it drastically reduces wait times and is an actual paid for product.

This was our first visit to USH, it wasn't busy in the park overall so regular wait times were not long either. We were told that if a wait was over 30 minutes we would be given a return time but that never happened. That was our only experience with the program, at Universal in Orlando, we just stay in one of the hotels onsite and use the regular Front of the Line pass. DS moves around a lot in line, has issues with bumping into people, so maybe that's why they agreed so readily?

Ah seems like you had some really nice TMs if they always just let you through. Glad it worked for you just didn't want to set that expectation for others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter