Special event for 11 people

connorlevismom

DIS Veteran
OK - so I have tried to ask this before and I don't think that I was very clear on what I had in mind. So I am going to try this again.

We are going in December for a family trip. There will be 11 people total, 6 adults and 5 kids ranging from 1-8. My DH and I want to have a special dinner for them our first night because none of them have ever been to DW before. So we are thinking about a nice meal, where we can pass out a menu with several choices and they can all pick whatever they would like to eat. I would also want to order a smallish cake to celebrate their first trip and pretty much make this an evening they will never forget. I don't want to be rushed so I think probably renting a room somewhere is going to be the best opton rather than a restaurant because I want to be able to spend as much time as we want.

I loved pictures of the room at Citricos and it seemed PERFECT for what I wanted, until I saw the menu. There is nothing on the menu that strikes my fancy and if I am paying for it, I want to have something on the menu I will eat. We talked about doing an Illuminations dessert thing but one of the kids really does not like fireworks up close.

Our budget is $2000 or less for this. Or maybe just give me an idea of who to call for something like this? Is $2000 enough for something like I am talking about? We are staying at Animal Kingdom Villas if that helps anyone.

Sounds like what you are looking to do is book a catered private party.

This page

http://www.mouseweddings.com/weddingrestaurants.html

has choices for private parties in restaurants. It says weddings, but can be adapted to any type of party. Looks as though many of them would be out of your price range, as the prices are from 2007. Disney private events are quite expensive. You might be better off with a regular restaurant reservation and ordering a special cake.

I suppose it might be possible to rent out the wine room at Jiko but I also don't know if that would be within your price range. I think there is a contact number for Jiko on that webpage.

Here's a link to a thread about private events (namely receptions in this thread but you can have a private dinner at the locations mentioned in the thread). I do know that bluezoo has a $1,200 minimum. Good luck! What a nice thing to do!

Private Events

Thanks! I will do some more digging and see what I can find. I would love to do several of them but the min. would kill me. I am only feeding 11 people, not 40. I cannot imagine what I would have to order for 11 people (5 of them kids) to get to $5000.:eek:

Kristine

On our last "larger group" trip, we had 19 people (5 kids, 14 adults) and did a couple of group dinners- one at Chef Mickey's and one at Boma. We were never rushed at either. We've also done 25+ groups and eaten at Le Cellier and Crystal Palace. It has worked out well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter