Spaced-Out Character Meal

Just a note too, character meals are back to normal with the characters going from table to table to interact with guests, give hugs and take pictures etc. So, they are no longer socially distanced from the tables. As far as being spaced from other guests, we did both Topolino's breakfast and Chef Mickey's breakfast and Topolino's seemed to be more spaced out than Chef Mickeys.
Is this true? I thought the characters only marched
Just a note too, character meals are back to normal with the characters going from table to table to interact with guests, give hugs and take pictures etc. So, they are no longer socially distanced from the tables. As far as being spaced from other guests, we did both Topolino's breakfast and Chef Mickey's breakfast and Topolino's seemed to be more spaced out than Chef Mickey
around and did not visit tables and take photos with kids. I just feel it's not worth the money without this interaction!

We were there for 3 weeks and just got back last week. While we were there we did 3 character meals and out of the 3 (Tusker House, Topolino’s and Hollywood & Vine), I’d say Topolino’s and HW & V was where we had the most room around our tables.

We were sat in the centre of the room at Topolino’s where the characters come by and dance so we didn’t really have anyone else sitting around us but people were often walking by us to leave the restaurant but at no time did I feel like my personal space was being encroached on and I’m highly covid and personal space conscious. At HW & V, we were sat at the back of the restaurant by the entrance to the restrooms and only had one other table around us during that meal but there were a lot of people from 50s Prime Time and the Tune-In Lounge that kept coming and hanging around that entrance to come and nose on the characters.

Personally, I felt like at every indoor restaurant we ate at this trip (and it was A LOT) that the tables were well spaced out still and that they were still conscious of sitting everyone on top of each other but I guess things could change again before your trip. I hope you guys have a great time though wherever you end up picking!

Is this true? I thought the characters only marched

around and did not visit tables and take photos with kids. I just feel it's not worth the money without this interaction!
Yes. It went back to traditional style back in April. Characters are once again visiting individual tables.

We went to topilinos last year and were seated at a table in like an alcove with only one other party. If the table situation is the same even the main area you are not on top of one other.
Might I recommend a later seating, closest to lunch time? We did that (not on purpose) and as the meal went on the restaurant became deserted. When we finished it was just us and the staff so we were able to walk out without tripping over people walking in which is excellent with kids who are looking all around at everything except what's in front of them...nice feature regardless of health concerns.

I did book the latest time available, hoping that would be the case!

Yay!!!!!!! Now if I can only get a reservation!!!!😉

Good luck!
We were there for 3 weeks and just got back last week. While we were there we did 3 character meals and out of the 3 (Tusker House, Topolino’s and Hollywood & Vine), I’d say Topolino’s and HW & V was where we had the most room around our tables.

We were sat in the centre of the room at Topolino’s where the characters come by and dance so we didn’t really have anyone else sitting around us but people were often walking by us to leave the restaurant but at no time did I feel like my personal space was being encroached on and I’m highly covid and personal space conscious. At HW & V, we were sat at the back of the restaurant by the entrance to the restrooms and only had one other table around us during that meal but there were a lot of people from 50s Prime Time and the Tune-In Lounge that kept coming and hanging around that entrance to come and nose on the characters.

Personally, I felt like at every indoor restaurant we ate at this trip (and it was A LOT) that the tables were well spaced out still and that they were still conscious of sitting everyone on top of each other but I guess things could change again before your trip. I hope you guys have a great time though wherever you end up picking!

Would love to know where else you ate that you felt was spaced out! Thanks!

Would love to know where else you ate that you felt was spaced out! Thanks!

Do not go to Le Cellier if you're concerned about spacing, it has returned to people smushed together in a cave.

Toledo at Gran Destino Tower felt nice and open, we were there at the first seating at 5 PM.

Do not go to Le Cellier if you're concerned about spacing, it has returned to people smushed together in a cave.

Omg Le Cellier - our most embarrassing dining experience! We went MANY years ago (waaay before COVID) and before we had kids and never again. We felt like we were dining with the people next to us we were so close! Could hear their entire conversation and it was so awkward!!! My (now) husband and I at the time thought we were going for a nice/romantic dinner and man were we wrong lol.

I know exactly what you mean. Those 2 top tables spaced about 1 foot apart. Instead of 3 larger parties they put 9 tables of 2. If you don't know the people on either side of you, you will by the end of your meal, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter