• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

space 220

They told us BAR was walk up only, party out - party in - depending on numbers. He said you just wait outside in line.

Note on our day there were folks in line for it about 9:45 am for 11:30 am opening. Not much shade. And a couple in front of us was holding a spot for their whole party. 🤨
Holy Cow! For me it will just be my fiance and I . I set up notifications for the lounge for now but if we dont get that I will try walk up for the bar but I am not waiting over an hour for it. We shall see! Thank you for the info!

Holy Cow! For me it will just be my fiance and I . I set up notifications for the lounge for now but if we dont get that I will try walk up for the bar but I am not waiting over an hour for it. We shall see! Thank you for the info!
Yeah, those "Bar" folks in front of us were going to wait 1 hour 45 minutes for it to open. BUT they were guaranteed to be seated right away.

Last Nov DS really wanted to go there so we went over and got in the line, which then was for Lounge & Bar. I figured he'd tire of it and we could leave. CMs came out and said minimum 1.5 hour wait. My guess that was folks at front of line, longer for us. (about 10 in front of us) We were in the sun and it was hot then. So I figured let him get hot enough to want to leave. She then came down the row talking to people. She got to us and offered us to dine in the Restaurant, prix fixe, immediately if we wanted. At that moment was totally worth it.

Processes seem to have changed a few times but this looks to be working well now that they made Lounge ADR only. I think it's been this way a couple months maybe. But for sure keep watching to see if anything changes again.

Last edited:
Much different experience for me this morning.
At 10:30 there was a short line.
When I got up there she said there was no walk up / waiting line for the lounge/bar.
The only thing you could get were reservations for the pre-fixe menu.
Most people there walked away after hearing that.

Much different experience for me this morning.
At 10:30 there was a short line.
When I got up there she said there was no walk up / waiting line for the lounge/bar.
The only thing you could get were reservations for the pre-fixe menu.
Most people there walked away after hearing that.
Now when we were there - no walk up for Lounge. The walkup was to sit at the bar only. The reservations they were giving out were prix fixe only.

I don't think now that Lounge requires an ADR that they would seat people with an ADR at the bar. Maybe they don't technically start the Bar line until opening and may depend on CM working. We had a young man handling it all.

Now when we were there - no walk up for Lounge. The walkup was to sit at the bar only. The reservations they were giving out were prix fixe only.

I don't think now that Lounge requires an ADR that they would seat people with an ADR at the bar. Maybe they don't technically start the Bar line until opening and may depend on CM working. We had a young man handling it all.

Perhaps- That was one of my main goals for this trip- I tried for ADRs immediately when my window opened and kept trying up until I arrived here. I was so disappointed when she said that.
Guess this experience will have to wait for next time!

We had a Lounge ADR in April, and were seated at the bar. It wasn't ideal but the whole bar was people with ADRs.

We had a Lounge ADR in April, and were seated at the bar. It wasn't ideal but the whole bar was people with ADRs.
WOW, I would have been very disappointed unless it were just a couple adults, even then. I wonder if on the reservation it warns you that your ADR may not include a table. Did you have children in your party?

WOW, I would have been very disappointed unless it were just a couple adults, even then. I wonder if on the reservation it warns you that your ADR may not include a table. Did you have children in your party?
It was my 14 year old DD & I, and then a party of 7. They had 2 or 3 little kids. No warning at all until the CM showed us where we'd be seated.

I was solo in March and had a lounge ressie. When I got upstairs, the hostess brought me to the bar. I simply said that I couldn’t sit there comfortably and didn’t try… I’m short and have bilateral knee replacements so even getting seated on the chair would be an issue. Told her I would need a table and had no problem getting one.

So if you have a lounge ressie and they bring you to the bar, ask nicely for a table. I expect you will be accommodated.

Not cool at all! >:(
I booked the lounge - I think the expectation should be if you book a lounge reservation, there's a potential you'll be seated at the bar. If you want a table, you need to book the regular dining reservation.

As a side, we have reservations for 8 in the lounge next week (two separate ADRs for 4). At the last minute, 2 more people decided to join our trip. I've been trying constantly and have all the alerts set up for a party of 2, but no luck so far. I'm hoping we can beg/ask/plead/wait to get 2 more in with us... but if not, we'll figure out and our two extras will be out of luck. Actually, I'll end up giving up my seat to my daughter's best friend, and send the 2 of them in with out the two moms. Hopefully it won't come to that. We'll happily split up into groups, sit at the bar, whatever. My daughter and I LOVED our meal there in April. We can't wait to go back.

I booked the lounge - I think the expectation should be if you book a lounge reservation, there's a potential you'll be seated at the bar. If you want a table, you need to book the regular dining reservation.
I don't agree with this. I am booking the Lounge with tables for access to the menu. Given the restaurant has treated the Restaurant, Lounge and Bar as three different options, to change now they should make it clear on reserving that you receiving a table with an ADR is not guaranteed. Just like I know in advance with my Oga's ADR that I am not guaranteed a table or a seat.

I have no plans to return to Space 220, we only did last trip because DS2 wanted to see it. He has no plans to return either, except for a drink. The food did not justify the price (our Feb meal was no where as good as our Nov meal) and he was very disappointed in the design of half the seats not seeing earth in space. Lounge actually had the best view but is now the harder reservation, and from these reports not even guaranteed .... bar seats have their backs to view.

I just think they should be very clear up front that a Lounge ADR does not guarantee a table top.

Last edited:

Just checked my reservation and there is NOTHING stating you may be seated at the bar. They pull that with me and I'll say "Thank you, but I'm not staying." And politely make it clear that they should NOT charge me the no-show fee as I checked in.

Just checked my reservation and there is NOTHING stating you may be seated at the bar. They pull that with me and I'll say "Thank you, but I'm not staying." And politely make it clear that they should NOT charge me the no-show fee as I checked in.

I don’t think you need to do that, honestly. Simply say “I prefer to sit at a table, thank you”. Hostess was perfectly fine with accommodating my request when it happened to me.

I don’t think you need to do that, honestly. Simply say “I prefer to sit at a table, thank you”. Hostess was perfectly fine with accommodating my request when it happened to me.

Thanks. Good to know. I just wish if it was going to be a possibility all the time they would put a disclaimer like "you may be seated at the bar" on like they put the "your party may be split between tables" disclaimer on.

Thanks. Good to know. I just wish if it was going to be a possibility all the time they would put a disclaimer like "you may be seated at the bar" on like they put the "your party may be split between tables" disclaimer on.
Totally agree!

Dining alert for the lounge just totally worked for me..! I've gotten a couple now but never when I was in front of my computer so I missed the others (including one at 3:15am!) but happened to be on my phone just now when one pinged though and grabbed it. I'm glad my husband said to just pay the fee for text alerts - until yesterday they were email only and of course gone in a flash. :)

There is no warning about the possibility of being seated at the bar.

hoping to get lucky with a SPACE 220 restaurant reservation but if not the lounge, is it same menu as restaurant and are teenagers allowed in lounge TIA
Went for lunch a couple of months ago. Food was good, service was exceptional but the $410 price for five wasn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter