Space 220 worth it ?

Homeatlast

Can't wait to go
Is space 220 worth a visit ? Can’t decide whether to try and get a reservation or just skip it

I did the lounge with my mom in February. The food isn't bad but also isn't great either. It definitely is not at all worth the pre fix menu price if you are in the restaurant section in my opinion. The initial "launch" to space is cool but the actual atmosphere I found to be a little lacking. It's definitely a one and done for me. But restaurants are super subjective. There may be others that love it and will say yes it is worth it. If you do end up going I recommend the lounge since you have an option to not do the pre fix menu.

Only if you can get one of the very few seats available at the bar. The food is some of the most expensive on all Disney property and it's above average at best- ten restaurants in World Showcase are better. So you're paying an absolutely massive premium for a cool "elevator" ride and the view. Not worth all that.

Get a lounge reservation or wait for the bar, then you can try it without committing to the full prix fixe meal.

I did the lounge with my mom in February. The food isn't bad but also isn't great either. It definitely is not at all worth the pre fix menu price if you are in the restaurant section in my opinion. The initial "launch" to space is cool but the actual atmosphere I found to be a little lacking. It's definitely a one and done for me. But restaurants are super subjective. There may be others that love it and will say yes it is worth it. If you do end up going I recommend the lounge since you have an option to not do the pre fix menu.
I agree with this. We did the lounge so we could take my niece and nephew. They had a great time there and it was cheaper that way. It was fun but a one and done for sure and no way would I pay for anything other than the lounge.

I have really mixed feelings.

If you have kids in the 5 to 7 range, it's a good restaurant. My daughter kept pointing out everything she saw.

I don't have an issue with the price, but they're definitely still trying to figure out themselves.

If anything I thought the portions were way too huge for a prix fixe. The whole point of a fixed price meal is to have portions small enough you can eat the entire meal.

Is space 220 worth a visit ? Can’t decide whether to try and get a reservation or just skip it
We were there for lunch in April. We were a party of 5 and we wanted to be sure to sit at a table together, so we had a restaurant reservation. Even though the price is steep and the reviews had been lackluster, our group wanted to check it out. (We don't visit often, so waiting for the next trip would have meant waiting several years.) I enjoyed it- but I think an important factor was that the restaurant was rather empty when we were seated (little after 11:00). That combined that with the lighting, music and visuals made it very pleasant and relaxing. I am very glad that we went. Will it be on our must do list next trip? No.

Ate for second time this week - lunch prix fixe. First time for DS2. As far as I'm concerned no need to return. DS2 said if he got a Lounge ADR and could get Lounge menu he would, otherwise he had no need to return. He said maybe the bar with friends for a couple drinks.

Agree with everyone else. We were actually really glad that we canceled our lounge reservation and went for the bar instead.

This has been on our to do list, but have not been able to get ADR's for the last 2 trips.
I have seen mixed reviews at best. As much as I would love to see it, just not sure its worth being that disappointed, if the reviews are correct.

WDW has numerous dining option that cost less and are better experiences. (For example, the buffet at Boma. Incredible food options at a better price and a much easier ADR to get. Plus you can explore the Wilderness Lodge and watch animals on the savannah.)

If you rarely go to WDW, then skip Space 220 and go with one of these better options.

Conversely, if you frequently visit WDW, then give Space 220 a try for something different.

how hard are Space 220 reservations to come by these days. I stopped stalking the app a bit ago around 0300 (here in CA) when I was waking up more...Are they still going in seconds?

Same question about how fast reservations are going. We’re a party of 5 but one of those is my 2 year old. Would we be able to book a lounge table for 4 and her sit on my lap?

Same question about how fast reservations are going. We’re a party of 5 but one of those is my 2 year old. Would we be able to book a lounge table for 4 and her sit on my lap?
No. All guests must be accounted for regardless of age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter