• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenirs for a 13-year-old boy

My son just turned 12... he's a pretty intellectual kid and likes SW. Seems like he can always use another t-shirt, but he really likes trying various candies from around World Showcase.

Last trip he designed his own SW iPhone case - loves that thing! :)

But it's true... even with SW stuff, there is still a lot more for DD10 than DS in WDW...

We just returned from a trip with out 13 and 14 year old sons. Like others their age they don't want typical Disney stuff. This year they bought the following:
* Cool sweatshirts from the Coke Cola store. My sons loved this store.
* Golf pullovers from the gold shop at SSR
* Golf towels and disney golf balls
* Fun tee shirt from the Boathouse store

We have taken them 2x times a year (along with their 12 year old sister) since they were 2,3,4 years old. Our trips have changed a lot but we still love them. It used to be all parks not it is golf, water parks, pool, and late nights at parks.

Have a great trip.

My son is 13 and is out of liking any WDW souvenirs except the artwork. Which of course is not cheap. So we focus on 1 or 2 piece he really loves. Then on the next trip if we started a series of pics we to complete that group before moving on. Other than that if your son is a foodie like mine, get him some kind of treat from one of the countries that he can try.

Edited: the other nice thing about starting a group of pics is I can always order others for Birthday/ Christmas presents.

Last edited:

Hate to say it but think about walking into a Wal Mart and checking out girls clothes versus boys clothes. Which department is huge and which one is smaller? I had one son and now he has two daughters and, *well*, I like shopping for my granddaughters :)

My boys loved and still love the PoC shirts, hats, and AK backpacks. They would wear the pirate's shirts til they were just rags, and there are always cool new designs. A Pirates hoodie was also a great favorite, but a little pricier.

My sons not too interested in much either (13 & 14), but do enjoy Star Wars items (Once Upon a Toy at DS has great selection outside of DHS). They tinker wit his the Build Your Own Droid or Lightsaber.
Coca-Cola store is great, too! And...the store in Japan!
As others mentioned....food is a great love at this age! So, spending extra on treats is also a good option. The rooftop bar on the Coca-Cola store has a great view with Coke Floats! Yum!

Last edited:
I saw some kids of that age boys having a great time in EPCOT with the passport for each country. They were also picking up a little item from each country nothing big just little keep sakes.

Thanks for all of the input so far. It will give us some really good ideas for our upcoming trip this summer. On the other hand, it really underscores the lack of available items for boys around this age. I'm not sure it's Disney's "fault" because I think this is a transitional age for boys. For this reason, I'll put another question out there... What would you like to see in the parks for teen boys?

I'll grill my son (again) and update...

Thanks again!

Thanks for all of the input so far. It will give us some really good ideas for our upcoming trip this summer. On the other hand, it really underscores the lack of available items for boys around this age. I'm not sure it's Disney's "fault" because I think this is a transitional age for boys. For this reason, I'll put another question out there... What would you like to see in the parks for teen boys?

Thanks again!

I'd like them to use Big Hero 6 and do a quality robotics focused section at Epcot in Future World. Maybe even use one of the unused buildings for robotics competitions. Not only would that appeal to teenage boys, but it'd also appeal to teenage girls who either are tired of princesses or want to go beyond that.

Thanks again!
This is a difficult question as boys that age typically aren't into much that would be sold as a souvenir. Most I know are into video games, sports, and other activities ( card games, paitball, ect) that don't really lend themselves to merchandising.

The Sorcerer card booster packs were popular, until he collected the full set. Shopping in Japan is the best. He likes the Legends of Zelda comics.

Could anyone recommend souvenirs for a 13 year old boy? My son enjoys our yearly visit to WDW but it seems that there aren't many options for boys his age. His twin sister buys clothing, charms and other jewelry. There seems to be a lot more options for girls. We try to go for 10 days and it would be cool if he had some things to buy that he could use while we are there.
Thanks

My 13 year old boy likes t-shirts and sweatshirts. Last year we got the purchase with purchase that was a drawstring backpack with a smallish fleece blanket in it, and he claimed that for himself. He also bought himself a sorcerer Mickey hat, which he happily wore in the park for the duration of our trip. He hasn't worn it since we brought it home, but it's on his desk and he likes to look at it, so he's happy with that. He also bought a Disney water bottle (with the Pop Century logo on it) that he uses almost daily. He told me that he might buy a laptop bag or sleeve next time if he sees a 'cool' one.

Could anyone recommend souvenirs for a 13 year old boy? My son enjoys our yearly visit to WDW but it seems that there aren't many options for boys his age. His twin sister buys clothing, charms and other jewelry. There seems to be a lot more options for girls. We try to go for 10 days and it would be cool if he had some things to buy that he could use while we are there.
Thanks

What are his age limitations all about? There's so much stuff at WDW, if he can't find something he likes, then be glad you don't have to spend the money? If you go every year he knows what's there to buy - do you really have to figure it out for him? Maybe he's just not interested in stuff?

Light sabers... I'm 42 and still want one. Boys are tough to buy souvenirs for. Compared to girls, where you can just blindly pick anything up.

Swords from China-they will ship them back to hotel or home. My boys have several and have them displayed in their rooms. Epcot has a lot of cool items from the countries that are not "disneyish"-no mouse ears and such. Dream catchers from Canada.

Had a glass blown sculpture made in MK. They loved picking it out, watching it being made, talking with the artist who did it.

Ak they selected one time a wooden sculpture where the artist was and had her sign it. It is a coiled wooden snake.

DHS has got to be Star Wars. One son ordered a trooper helmet,pricey but cool. They have a fair amount of SW from over many years of SWW.

There have been soooo many cool things since they were young. Then it was light up spinners, balloons and every diecast car...then to bigger rc cars,t's,lightsabers,so many wooden guns from adventureland, the monorail and all the buildings, the train..., more recently things like the books,pins, scultures,swords,ornaments,prints...

And these are just my 2DS(18,20) items, you should see my list!

What are his age limitations all about? There's so much stuff at WDW, if he can't find something he likes, then be glad you don't have to spend the money? If you go every year he knows what's there to buy - do you really have to figure it out for him? Maybe he's just not interested in stuff?
agree! mine hit that age and we were fine! who needs to buy stuff? not needed to have a super wdw trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter