Souvenir Cup Question

AshleeH

DIS Veteran
Universal souvenir cup: what are the current stipulations for this cup, especially since the pandemic? Do you pay to reactivate it each day? Is it 99 cent refills?

We were there last weekend; you can reactivate it each day for $10 and it includes unlimited fountain drinks/icees at either park, including Freestyle machines

Back! I was able to reactivate my cup from last year for $10. We are able to fill ourselves at the freestyle stations, however we found a handful were unavailable due to social distancing guidelines. They put up plexiglass to seperate the machines that are next to each other so you have your own space when getting your drinks from the machine.

Have fun!

I hope the OP did mean Coke Freestyle cups because that's what @mom2mikel & @Kyhome are talking about. I always bring my cup from a few years ago back & have it reactivated for unlimited Icee & Coke Freestyle. Just keep the receipt or take a pic of it to keep on your phone because some chip readers don't recognize the reactivation so showing your receipt to a TM will keep the refills coming.

You are able to use "souvenir" cups like the ones shaped like characters (Spongebob, Bart Simpson etc) to get refills from restaurants/counters that have fountain soda for a fee per refill & doesn't require an activation fee like the Coke Freestyle cups do. I believe the Coke Freestyle cups all have RFID chips in the base that verify your cup is activated for the day & your refill timer is past 10 minutes to allow another refill. The souvenir character cups don't have a chip, so you pay a reduced fee for fountain soda. I'm unsure if during covid, the TMs are just giving you the refill in a paper cup instead of filling your character cups. For detailed info on the difference, I googled "universal orlando souvenir cup" & read the most recent article posted on Sept 2020. I'm unsure if I'm allowed to cite the source without getting in trouble from Disboards, but I hope you can find it & have your questions answered which ever cup you are asking about.

Even pre-pandemic, the single-refills were in the $2-$3 range.

One note on the 10 minute limit. Only the freestyle machines seem to be able to check for that. So, in Seussland, we'd get a Diet Coke at the machine and then pour it into another cup. Then we'd get in line to get an Orange icy. Her machine only seemed to check for a valid chip. Then I'd pour half of the icy into a cup for daughter, then I'd top my cup up with the Diet Coke. I like the blend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter