• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest San Francisco to Orlando $129

kcashner

DIS Veteran
There was a poster here on Monday looking for cheap flights from Sacramento or SanFrancisco at a decent rate. I was shopping for my own flights this morning, and this popped up as a special rate.

Sorry, I can't find the original post, so don't know if this will work with her dates or anything, but hopefully she's out there and will see this!

There was a poster here on Monday looking for cheap flights from Sacramento or SanFrancisco at a decent rate. I was shopping for my own flights this morning, and this popped up as a special rate.

Sorry, I can't find the original post, so don't know if this will work with her dates or anything, but hopefully she's out there and will see this!

Where did you get that rate? From SWA's website? Please be there to respond. Will try to go to their website now. Is it valid for July travel?

I went to the Southwest site and clicked on "specials." I wasn't looking for San Francisco, it just showed up on an icon for a reduced rate when I put in flights from Orlando. I was looking for stuff for me, but remembered the lady looking for California flights so looked for her post. When I couldn't find it, I posted here.

I was trying to see if we could do a nearby airport rather than our home airport...and was looking at late May (29 and 30) and June 6 and 7 dates, but don't believe I'd put in any dates at that point. I didn't pay attention to the dates the offer was valid or any details as it wasn't the flight I wanted for myself. Hope this helps.

I went to the Southwest site and clicked on "specials." I wasn't looking for San Francisco, it just showed up on an icon for a reduced rate when I put in flights from Orlando. I was looking for stuff for me, but remembered the lady looking for California flights so looked for her post. When I couldn't find it, I posted here.

I was trying to see if we could do a nearby airport rather than our home airport...and was looking at late May (29 and 30) and June 6 and 7 dates, but don't believe I'd put in any dates at that point. I didn't pay attention to the dates the offer was valid or any details as it wasn't the flight I wanted for myself. Hope this helps.

Me too. My home airport is Sacramento but willing to go to SFO or SJ if it is cheaper.
Tried it but still coming up as $200.

:scared1: Oh my goodness is this price for round trip? We live in Sac as well, but would drive to SF to get such an awesome price. :woohoo: Is there a special code?

No, it was one way, not round trip.

I'm sorry it isn't showing up now. If it's there tomorrow (I'm into checking daily to see if we can get something I like), I'll pay close attention to what I do!

No, it was one way, not round trip.

I'm sorry it isn't showing up now. If it's there tomorrow (I'm into checking daily to see if we can get something I like), I'll pay close attention to what I do!

Well, darn on the one way...After I read your post I "RAN" to southwest web site and put in the information..the $129 actually comes up as going..but the cheapest so far for coming back is $160.. and with 7 of us going I want to try to get it a little lower..like around $225-$250 per person total..with taxes and fees.. As DH says I live in my own little fantasy world :rotfl: but with some Pixie Dust hopefully I will be able to find that price. :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for posting this for all of us in Ca..that was very sweet of you. :lovestruc

I'm so glad that you saw it....I was beginning to think I was going crazy as I knew it was there!

Ok, keep hoping....$129 one way isn't MUCH over $250 round trip, but then there are the taxes.... Also, check Tampa and Jacksonville. If you're renting a car to the port anyhow, a little drive can sometimes save big bucks.

I'm so glad that you saw it....I was beginning to think I was going crazy as I knew it was there!

Ok, keep hoping....$129 one way isn't MUCH over $250 round trip, but then there are the taxes.... Also, check Tampa and Jacksonville. If you're renting a car to the port anyhow, a little drive can sometimes save big bucks.

Thank you I will check into that. How far away are they from Orlando? We are staying at our timeshare for a few days before the cruise..just to relax/swim and get used to the time diffrence :rotfl:.

Tampa is about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando. Jacksonville is more like 2 hours. If you are renting a car to drive to PC, both can be used as pick up/drop off places without extra fees with Budget--I haven't checked other companies.

Obviously, I prefer to fly from my home airport to Orlando. But at spring break, I saved over $500 (on 2 tickets) by driving a couple hours to a place that wasn't on spring break and got a direct flight (which were sold out from my home airport).

:scared1: Oh my goodness is this price for round trip? We live in Sac as well, but would drive to SF to get such an awesome price. :woohoo: Is there a special code?

I live in Sacramento and depending on when you go I have seen it posted for $99 one way for travel Tues.-Fri. This has been when I checked on a Wed-Sat. All other days I log on it comes up higher. Just keep checking. Southwest also does a trick. If you put for 1 person it will come up with cheap price. If you try multiple tickets you get a higher price. You have to play with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter