Southwest on-line check in

happily single

Left foot first!
i just did on-line check in for tomorrow’s flight!!!! The second my clock hit the 24 hour mark I hit submit. And I got B 35 position. And then second after that I checked my children in and they got 57 and 55. How can that be?

...Lots of people bought EBCI?...
...Connecting passengers?...
...Nanosecond differences in internet speed with hundreds of people checking in simultaneously?...

Unfortunately, this can happen without EBCI. Actually, even with EBCI, you can still get B passes.

Yes, the Only ya to avoid it.. tho no guarantee is to do EB
if your children are under 6.. I think that’s the number when I flew the other day,,,
You may board after all the wheelchairs, business A’s def before B’s.
May be a busy full flight.. if u have carry on, and concerns about seating together , next time do EB
Safe travels!!

For each child who is six years old and younger, one adult may accompany that child for Family Boarding, which takes place between the "A" and "B" boarding groups.

There may be a sizable number booked on the flight who hold either A-List Preferred or A-List status. Those customers are automatically assigned boarding numbers starting with A16, which means higher boarding numbers for all others on the flight - even those who purchased Early Bird.

You can check to see if the flight is full by trying to search for available seats on your flight, starting with looking for eight seats; if eight seats are not available, lower the number. If one seat is not available, your flight's probably full. If so, keep in mind that even in the higher "B" boarding numbers, there likely will be quite a few open seats, unless there are many thru passengers who boarded at a previous stop.

You most likely will not have a problem finding three seats together.

Yep, that happened to DH and I last year. Got on immediately at 24 hours and were mid-30s B.
On the way back, DH forgot to set a reminder on his phone, and we were almost the last people on the plane. We did not get to sit by each other, but strangely we both got a window seat because we were buy couples who wanted the aisle.

I had EBCI last month that I purchased the first morning tickets went on sale. Got B9 for the way down! Got A31 on the way home.

I usually am set up to use my phone to check me and the computer to check my husband in. Knowing how the check in process works I am prepared to hit the check in buttons simultaneously and we get within a number or 2 away from one another.

i just did on-line check in for tomorrow’s flight!!!! The second my clock hit the 24 hour mark I hit submit. And I got B 35 position. And then second after that I checked my children in and they got 57 and 55. How can that be?

We have gotten B numbers with early boarding. So not hard to believe given the improved economy that allows more people to opt to buy early boarding. We always do. Of course we have the flexibility to travel on low fare days so the extra $$ for early boarding are not as annoying.

Another possibility is that your clock might have been a bit slow. I bet there were a lot of people sitting with their fingers on the return key.

I used to buy EB check in all the time, but no more. Now we upgrade my husband at the airport to an A 1-15 position. He needs the exit row, or bulkhead row for his long legs! He saves me a seat and I board with my regular number. When we travel with kids it is with grandchildren, so their parents are with them, so we are fine.

I'm flying with SW to MCO in two days. Dh is flying down on Sat, to join me. If I'm flying alone, I don't usually get EBCI, unless I just don't want to be bothered checking in at the 24 hr window. Well.....dh says to me 'Did you get me that early boarding thing, that gets me in the A group??? I really want to do that so I don't have to wait until the end of the boarding process.' One would think that he would understand how EBCI works....I continue to tell him, he just can't seem to remember that it won't automatically get him the A group!!!! Drives me nuts. Especially booking a week prior to travel. Oh well....paid for EBCI for him so he doesn't have to worry about checking in. Had to do it for myself as well this trip since I'll be at an appt at checkin time!!!!! I really don't want to be in the C group!!!!

I've never bought EBCI and always check in right at the 24 hour mark. Have always gotten somewhere between A50-B25, lower if the flight is not full. Never had trouble finding seats together.

When I book, everyone in our family is on the same confirmation number. When I check in, it checks all of us in. No need to check in each person individually. We usually get boarding positions 1 or 2 apart from each other.

I've never bought EBCI and always check in right at the 24 hour mark. Have always gotten somewhere between A50-B25, lower if the flight is not full. Never had trouble finding seats together.

When I book, everyone in our family is on the same confirmation number. When I check in, it checks all of us in. No need to check in each person individually. We usually get boarding positions 1 or 2 apart from each other.

Not everyone in the same party has the same confirmation number. Some in the party may book at separate times. Some may be booking on points, which I think means a separate confirmation number for each person. On our last trip, I tried booking my mother-in-law on an non-existed senior's fare. She ended up with a different confimation number.

My daughter is always a number or two off from me. We just board together and it’s never a problem.

This. The first few times I bought EBCI and then one time I tried it without it. I have consistently gotten A and low B boarding positions every single time but checking in right at the 24 hour mark. Never bought EBCI again.

It's flying into, and out of, MCO that makes you want EBCI. There are soooo many people using EBCI for these flights that it puts those without EBCI behind the eight ball. Without EBCI, you will almost always find yourself in the high B's. Other airports aren't nearly as big an issue.

This isn't always the case though

I have had two occasions when we were all on the same confirmation number and our boarding numbers were not consecutive, we just all lined up with the highest one. Once with self check in once with EBCI !

There are many times when we do have different confirmations - I often book with points and that almost always results in different confirmation numbers. My dd doesn't always know her schedule until after I book so booking her separately (and as two one way trips) makes it easier for her/me to re-book if necessary.

We have also had occasions when we were consecutive even with different confirmation numbers and self check in.

You just never know .... well unless your A+ or purchase business select :)

This. The first few times I bought EBCI and then one time I tried it without it. I have consistently gotten A and low B boarding positions every single time but checking in right at the 24 hour mark. Never bought EBCI again.

It's flying into, and out of, MCO that makes you want EBCI.

I have only ever flown to Orlando (MCO) or San Francisco (SFO). Perhaps its the hub I start at (BNA - Nashville). I have never had more than a B17 in my life when not using EBCI. I just always check in at the 24 hour mark though. Right on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter