Southwest EBC questions

Kes

Mouseketeer
I've never tried EBC, but I'm thinking about it for our return flight on Aug 29. If you do EBC, is your boarding pass always better than what you can get yourself doing regular check-in 24 hours prior? I know I'm not guaranteed an A, but if it's still better that regular check-in, it might be worth it.

Is it the same deal where you can print off your boarding pass at the airport when you check your luggage?

Thanks.

Unless you are the last (or only) EBCI customer to get checked in and would have been the first to check in at 24 hours with no one on a connecting flight being able to check in during the 12 hour period, you always should do better using EBCI.

EBCI will check you in at 36 hours. You can go online at 24 hours to see your boarding numbers and, if you like, you can print your passes then. If you can't or don't want to print your passes at that time, you can use any of the other available options (skycap, kiosk, manned check-in desk, etc.).

What is EBC?

EBC or EBCI is SWA's Early Bird Check-in program. For $10 per person each way, SWA will automatically check you in and assign your boarding numbers 36 hours in advance of your flight. This relieves you of having to check-in yourself starting 24 hours in advance and will get you a boarding number ahead of those who check in manually at that time (except for any Business Select ticket holder or top-tier frequent flyers who still will have priority boarding).

Just to add...it doesn't matter when you print the boarding pass as the boarding pass number is assigned at check in not printing. For example, you could use a web enabled phone to check in (say you get A52) but not print the pass until you get to the airport. Your boarding pass will still say A52.

Also as a note, the hotel concierge or guest services at the parks will also check you in.

Hope this helps.

:thumbsup2

Very helpful. Now to decide if I want to spend the extra $30 for peace of mind.

Thanks!

I've never tried EBC, but I'm thinking about it for our return flight on Aug 29. If you do EBC, is your boarding pass always better than what you can get yourself doing regular check-in 24 hours prior? I know I'm not guaranteed an A, but if it's still better that regular check-in, it might be worth it.

Is it the same deal where you can print off your boarding pass at the airport when you check your luggage?

Thanks.

there are some anamolies with ECB

last time we flew, we had purchased ECB for return, the lady in front of us had bought it "way early" ( like about month or so before flight ) but she did not buy it for her husband. When she checked him in at 24 hour mark, he got A16

me is still scratching my head about that one, but it might have been a cancellation which went in the "cue" just as she was checking him in .....

thus, you cannot always be sure you will get the lowest number possible with ECB

If not family boarding, use EBC. You'll most likely be in the "A" group. And on SWA, being in the "A" group matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter