Southwest Airlines?

SEC

Mouseketeer
We are flying Southwest next month for a stay at Saratoga Springs. I know that Southwest is not one of the airlines that you can check into at your resort, but will the concierge print out your boarding passes for you?

I've never done it at DVC, but both times I've flown Southwest they were able to print up our boarding passes at the front desk (Wilderness Lodge concierge, and Ft. Wilderness)

Yes they will print them at SSR as all DVC and Disney resort will. Just stop by at 24 hours before departure and get your "A" pass. I just did this at BWV on Tuesday night (2 days ago) we had a 4:50 pm last night. I forgot to stop by until 8pm and ended up with "B" passes.

Have a great trip.

You can also check in on your Blackberry or internet capable phone. You just need to go to a kiosk and select "reprint boarding passes" at the airport. You can get in the "A" group this way and not have to be at the resort front desk right at the 24 hour window.

The Southwest mobile device website is mobile.southwest.com. :thumbsup2

All Disney resorts will print them out for you. Eat breakfast at Kona's on a trip I was staying offsite and they printed them out for us at the Poly.

I haven't flown Southwest before, but plan on using them my next trip. What is the difference between an 'A' pass and 'B' pass :confused3

BillPA said:
Yes they will print them at SSR as all DVC and Disney resort will. Just stop by at 24 hours before departure and get your "A" pass. I just did this at BWV on Tuesday night (2 days ago) we had a 4:50 pm last night. I forgot to stop by until 8pm and ended up with "B" passes.

Have a great trip.

Nedlo2 said:
I haven't flown Southwest before, but plan on using them my next trip. What is the difference between an 'A' pass and 'B' pass :confused3

Southwest does not issue seat assignments like all of the other major airlines. Instead you are grouped into A, B, or C categories. When you arrive at the gate you will line up according to the letter on your pass for boarding. Southwest will then allow you to board one line at a time. If you are disabled, traveling with someone that is disabled, or have small children ( I forget the age limit, maybe 6??) you can get into the pre-board line. This allows you to get on before the A, B, or C lines.

PS- Don't forget to get a claim check for your stroller when you get to the gate. Otherwise, if you wait till boarding everyone gets mad at you for holding up the line. Been there, done that.

itsmyhappyplace said:
Southwest does not issue seat assignments like all of the other major airlines. Instead you are grouped into A, B, or C categories. When you arrive at the gate you will line up according to the letter on your pass for boarding. Southwest will then allow you to board one line at a time.

This will be my first time on Southwest as well. Still a little cloudy on the whole A, B or C thing. Do I understand there is no assigned seating? You just kinda get on the plane in groups and play musical chairs? :confused3 Because I'm 6'3" I try to get an aisle seat or exit seat so I can stretch out a bit. Will I have trouble doing so?

beezerdave said:
This will be my first time on Southwest as well. Still a little cloudy on the whole A, B or C thing. Do I understand there is no assigned seating? You just kinda get on the plane in groups and play musical chairs? :confused3 Because I'm 6'3" I try to get an aisle seat or exit seat so I can stretch out a bit. Will I have trouble doing so?

You shouldn't if you're in the " A " group and the earlier you check in the better chance you have getting " A " Southwest gives out all " A " 's first then B's and then C's . You can start checking in 24 hours before flight time. If you don't care where you sit or when you board you can just wait untill you get to the airport

:teeth:

We stayed at VB last month and they printed out our boarding passes for us at the front desk no charge, they do it all the time.
Just remember you can not check in until exactly 24 hors before your flight's scheduled departure time. I goofed with the time. I thought that our flight was at 4:05 PM but it was at 4:50 PM. So when the very nice CM at the front desk tried it wouldn't go through. Then I rechecked the confirmation and discovered my goof. Duh.
The seating is something like shuttle flights. You choose a seat as you board. The passengers who need assistance (wheelchairs/young children) and the A's get the best choice of seats. My only disappointment on our return flight was that there were a number of through passengers who were already on board (the plane was from San Diego then San Antonio and then Orlando) and they changed seats before we boarded.

I love Southwest. I have gotten the best deals to Orlando and West Palm Beach. They are always on time and friendly. :wave:

beezerdave said:

Here's how it works. There are no assigned seats. First those who can pre-board board. This includes families with small children (under 4, I think) and those with medical conditions that got a pre-boarding blue ticket jacket from the gate agent.

On flights to/from Orlando, there can be a lot of pre-boarders. If you want the best seats - try flying at an off time.

Then the A group boards. The order within A is determined by a line at the gate. Usually, this line forms about 60-90 minutes before the flight.

Then the B group, then the C group. I believe these letters are basically evenly assigned. That is if the plane had 99 passengers, the first 33 to check in get A, etc.

If you check in online at about 24 hours before your flight, you should get A. If you wait until the morning of your flight, you'll probably get B. If you check in at the airport, you will probably get C.

If you do get an A, are at the airport early and don't mind standing in line, you can get close to the front of A. Now while there are a lot of pre-boarders, most of them are not eligible to sit in exit rows, so those very well may be available (and tend to have more space - check out seatguru.com for details - looks like seat 12F is the absolute best for leg room). Also, families tend not to take the bulkhead seats, which lack underseat storagem but have more leg room.

Southwest Airlines- Budget travel at it's finest. pirate:

It really is a giant cattle call to board with people sleeping on the floor to get a place in line. That low price you got won't seem so good when you end up in seating C and you are your significant other are seated apart. Southwest and its day in the sun are over. They hedged on the price of fuel and it paid off. That hedge is over so you will now see higher Southwest prices. I've already seen it. Southwest will be soon known as Southworst. They try to say there greatest asset is there employees........ RIGHT! They are the most unprofessional, sloppy dressed people I've ever seen. It is just plain embarassing flying with them. It screams, "Hey I'm broke so I took the cattle car to WDW!" Do yourself a favor and buy yourself some class and some dignity. :stir:

Doc

DocDocGoose said:

It really is a giant cattle call to board with people sleeping on the floor to get a place in line. That low price you got won't seem so good when you end up in seating C and you are your significant other are seated apart. Southwest and its day in the sun are over. They hedged on the price of fuel and it paid off. That hedge is over so you will now see higher Southwest prices. I've already seen it. Southwest will be soon known as Southworst. They try to say there greatest asset is there employees........ RIGHT! They are the most unprofessional, sloppy dressed people I've ever seen. It is just plain embarassing flying with them. It screams, "Hey I'm broke so I took the cattle car to WDW!" Do yourself a favor and buy yourself some class and some dignity. :stir:

Doc

Totally disagree with this post. I love SW and there employees have always been professional and courtesous. Prices have gone up but they still have great sales daily that have saved me large amounts of money each trip. Those that don't like SW don't have to fly SW. So, all of us will be happy with our personal choice. Mine is to always fly SW if at all possible.

DocDocGoose said:

Doc

:rotfl2: gotta love trolls...

someone earlier mentioned something about the even distribution of A/B/C's and that I do believe is incorrect. When we departed Norfolk, VA, I think 80-90% of the people were in the A line. There were only a few people in the B line and none in the C line. Of course, the flight was not full at all, so it ended up not mattering as much.

I was a little suprised at how soon people start lining up in the "A" line. When we were coming back home from MCO, we arrived at the departing gate about 1.5 hours early and about 10 people were already sitting in the lines with their laptops out. I guess if you want to sit in the front and be the first off the plane, that's the way to go. Or if you want those premium seats at the emergency exits with the extra leg room.

I think the only time you'd have much trouble on SW is if you are in the C line and want to sit together and the flight is full.

However, gotta love those DING rates. If the 2 of us had to be split up for a 1.5 hour flight to WDW... I wouldn't really care if it saved me $100 per ticket... and it has nothing to do with the 'class' of the traveler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter