Southern Ontario DIS meet for Give Kids the World

SaraMc

Hi everyone. Not sure how many of you listen to the podcast but Pete and the gang are trying to raise a million dollars for Give Kids the World. ( www.gktw.org)
This charity is also used by many canadian families. Lots of meets are popping up all over the US. So I got to thinking what if we had one here in Southern Ontario?

Im planning on hosting a ice cream breakfast for give kids the world/Dis meet here in the Burlington Area in Oct.

My thoughts were Sat Oct 22 in the morning. Im looking for a venue still and have started contacting local businesses for donations of either ice cream or things for a silent auction.

So my fellow Canadians, lets show our US DIS friends what we can do! What do you say?

I'm just in Hamilton, so I'm in!

What about Demetres? Are they charitable? They're usually not open for breakfast so we wouldn't be cramping their other customers?

I'm in - if I can swing a day off work (which I will make happen :thumbsup2). I live in Toronto. If you need items for a silent auction - I can ask my boss if he is willing to put together a package (I work at a No Frills) and see what other items he is willing to part with.

Karen

Keep me informed! I live in Mississauga. I may be able to make some custom clothing to auction off, if you end up having an auction.:banana:

I don't know their policy but Chapman's is a Canadian company that may do charitable donations! They are in Cambridge.

Maybe, and I've asked a few friends if they want to make the trek from Toronto.

My kids are really interested also and will hand out flyers/give links etc for any info connected with this event to their schoolmates.

Im so in! Let me know if you need any help with anything...I currently live in St. Thomas...but visit my family a lot in Guellph so it's not too far for me to go..

sounds great to me so count me in and would be happy to help in any way possible!:thumbsup2

I can't get there from Winnipeg, but let me know if you need any cash donation to cover costs.

I would love to but I am at wdw till 23. If I can do anything let me know I am in niagara

Hello, wonderful, generous DISers! We are a grateful Wish family from Toronto who enjoyed an amazing week at GKTW in 2008. We continue to face medical and other challenges with our son, so I don't know that we could join in and attend a GKTW fundraiser in Burlington. Perhaps we'll have ice cream for breakfast at home in your honour! (And we'll make a contribution)

But, I wanted to share with you that GKTW provides such an amazing experience for children and their families, such a worthy cause. For one week, we were showered with such support, it just lifted our spirits and filled our lives with joy.

So, please, forge ahead, and know that you are part of such a worthwhile effort.

I think of one family I met here on the DIS boards, who enjoyed a wonderful week of family memories at GKTW and WDW. Sadly, they lost their son not long after that trip. I was honoured to meet these loving parents and their wonderful little boy, a happy fellow with a smile to break your heart. How he loved his time at GKTW! You will be helping to make memories like ours, memories like his, memories for other children and families who so need and deserve this.

On a practical note, please ensure that your donations can be easily received and used by GKTW. If it's at all complicated, you can consider making donations to Starlight Starbright or Make a Wish Canada (among others) who work with GKTW to provide these Orlando trips for children.

If I can presume to speak on behalf of Canadian Wish families...thank you, thank you!!!

Hi everyone, I just got back from doing the podcast ABD trip to California. Was talking with Pete and I think Im going to host it in the first week of Nov. Ive already got some info from Chapman's about them giving a donation. I just recieved the box of info from GKTW.
I just need to find a venue ( this weeks job)

Wow Sara, sounds like you had fun, I'm so jealous! Looking forward to more info

Hi everyone, I just got back from doing the podcast ABD trip to California. Was talking with Pete and I think Im going to host it in the first week of Nov. Ive already got some info from Chapman's about them giving a donation. I just recieved the box of info from GKTW.
I just need to find a venue ( this weeks job)

Does GKTW provide pictures etc to show people what it's all about? If not, please let me know and we can share some of ours...unless you have other WISH families already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter