Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Just returned today from SO CA. WOW! This was our first ABD trip and worth every penny. It was fantastic. Cannot say enough good things about entire trip. So many surprises! I do not want to spoil it for anyone, but we are exhausted and happy. It was a great trip.

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and that it was worth the $$$$$.

I was wondering...do you tip the shuttle person that picks you up at the airport and takes you to the Lowes Hotel as well as the one that takes you back to LAX? Or are these covered by ABD? I'm trying to create my budget for the trip.

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and that it was worth the $$$$$.

I was wondering...do you tip the shuttle person that picks you up at the airport and takes you to the Lowes Hotel as well as the one that takes you back to LAX? Or are these covered by ABD? I'm trying to create my budget for the trip.
If the transfers are provided by ABD, then they are already tipped by ABD. The only people provided by ABD that aren't tipped are the Adventure Guides.

Feel free to tip the airport transportation folks extra if you want to, but it's not needed or expected.

Sayhello

Just booked Backstage Magic March 23-28, 2014 :cool1:

It will be me (Jacquelyn), DH (Chris), Mom (Patricia) & Dad (Dennis), My twin (Jennifer) & brother-in-law (Jim)

Looking forward to a fantastic trip. We live near Philadelphia and have never been to the West Coast before! We also booked 2 extra days in DL to play a little while longer! :thumbsup2

Just got back from an amazing 6 day trip to Disneyland...I took the Walk in Walt's Disneyland Footsteps Tour on June 30 and it was amazing. I got a little teary eyed in Walt's Apartment...seeing the actual lamp that is lit in the window was amazing and just to be in the apartment was incredible. I kept pinching myself because I felt it was a dream. Megan was the CM that showed us the apartment and talked about all the history of it and its furnishings...It was incredible to see how technologically advanced Walt was when the apartment was built.

So after taking the one day ABD Lights Camera Magic tour in April 2012 and now this tour, I am super excited about the 5 day Backstage Magic ABD. Of course I wish I didn't have to wait until June 2014 but I know that the wait is going to be worth it.

Still here at DLR after our BSM tour. Spent yesterday at the pool and had dinner with two families from our trip at are still here. Great friendships do form on these trips! Had Matt and Dean for our tour. Matt flew down to Australia to handle that ABD tour, while Dean is starting another BSM today. He said he's got someone new to train for tours.

Our BSM was awesome...and so worth the money spent!

Between now and December, the Loews Hollywood Hotel is undergoing renovations. Currently, the main entrance is closed and a back door is being used. Based on what I saw, the results are going to be outstanding. We got to stay in the new rooms on the top floors. The only thing I had an issue with is that the beds in our room were full size, too small for two people to sleep comfortably. I recommend asking ABD that anyone with more than three people request an extra room (three because they offer roll away beds). We had one family of four request two rooms the entire trip because they figured one bath for a mom, dad, and two teenage girls was not enough. I believe their cost was an extra $100 per day.

Bed size at the Grand Californian was fine. We didn't feel a need for an extra room there. Regardless of size, all beds were very comfy in both hotels.

For anyone planning extra days after, you might not be spending them by yourself in the parks. The people we met are now great friends.

Hello, been enjoying the DISboards website reading various posts but have never got an account to reply or post anything until now. My husband and I will be on the California trip in October for the adults only week. Are there many people signed up out there for that trip? We love Walt Disney World and the Disney cruises but have never been to Disneyland before since we live on the East coast. We were married at Disney's Yacht Club and have taken several backstage tours of the Orlando parks. We are super excited for the October trip since we are such big fans. Any idea when a more detailed itinerary comes out? It seems like lots of people that have taken the Backstage California trip in the past have really enjoyed it.

Hello, been enjoying the DISboards website reading various posts but have never got an account to reply or post anything until now. My husband and I will be on the California trip in October for the adults only week. Are there many people signed up out there for that trip? We love Walt Disney World and the Disney cruises but have never been to Disneyland before since we live on the East coast. We were married at Disney's Yacht Club and have taken several backstage tours of the Orlando parks. We are super excited for the October trip since we are such big fans. Any idea when a more detailed itinerary comes out? It seems like lots of people that have taken the Backstage California trip in the past have really enjoyed it.
Do you mean the trip from Oct 13 - 18, 2013? I'm assuming that's the one you mean, because it's the only October trip that I see marked as Adults Only. If that is the trip you mean, then if you look at the Roll Call on the first post of this thread, you will see that there are several other DISers signed up for that trip! (YodasMom, peanut5399 & jsilvers). Let me know, and I'll add you to the Roll Call.

Sayhello

Yes, that's the one I am referring to, Oct.13-18. We are flying out 2 days early to see more of California. Sure, add me to the roll call.:)

Do you mean the trip from Oct 13 - 18, 2013? I'm assuming that's the one you mean, because it's the only October trip that I see marked as Adults Only. If that is the trip you mean, then if you look at the Roll Call on the first post of this thread, you will see that there are several other DISers signed up for that trip! (YodasMom, peanut5399 & jsilvers). Let me know, and I'll add you to the Roll Call.

Sayhello
You missed my post on June 10'th. I am going solo on the October trip.

Yes, that's the one I am referring to, Oct.13-18. We are flying out 2 days early to see more of California. Sure, add me to the roll call.:)

Glad to see that ABD decided to go with the October trip....this is the trip I originally wanted but decided on the June adults only ABD...

Also, sayhello could you also update the roll call for the June ABD that I am travelling solo...thanks in advance

I just read a trip report and there was mention about eating breakfast at Club 33. How often does that change? I don't see it advertised on the website but that would be a huge draw for me and DH, and it would be so disappointing to not get to do it if we were expecting it.

I just read a trip report and there was mention about eating breakfast at Club 33. How often does that change? I don't see it advertised on the website but that would be a huge draw for me and DH, and it would be so disappointing to not get to do it if we were expecting it.
The reason it's not on the website is because it *is* one of those "It may happen and it may not" kind of things. If someone has Club 33 booked up, or there's a special event going on, etc, then you can't go. So they don't advertise it, and if you get to go, it's a bonus. They don't want anyone counting on it.

Sayhello

The reason it's not on the website is because it *is* one of those "It may happen and it may not" kind of things. If someone has Club 33 booked up, or there's a special event going on, etc, then you can't go. So they don't advertise it, and if you get to go, it's a bonus. They don't want anyone counting on it.

Sayhello

This would be the icing on the cake for me....keeping fingers crossed...

Have a question for those that have taken BSM ABD trips before....I see that breakfast is included on your last morning but it says "at your leisure". Is this not a goodbye breakfast with everyone on your tour? I ask because I am trying to figure out which flight home to book. I will be flying home on the last day of the tour (a Friday) and since I will be considered to be travelling "internationally" (even though it is only to Canada) I have to be at LAX 3 hours before my flight so I am wondering if I should book the 1:30 pm flight (have to be at airport by 10:30 am) or the 3:45 pm flight (be at the airport by 12:45 pm)....both flights are non-stop and are the same price...

A leisurely breakfast means there's nothing planned after, so you don't have to get down there at the same time as everyone else, but most do.

I'd take the later flight, personally. That would allow a more leisurely pace that morning after all the rushing around the days before. However, both would be fine and would not cause you to rush.

This would be the icing on the cake for me....keeping fingers crossed...

Have a question for those that have taken BSM ABD trips before....I see that breakfast is included on your last morning but it says "at your leisure". Is this not a goodbye breakfast with everyone on your tour? I ask because I am trying to figure out which flight home to book. I will be flying home on the last day of the tour (a Friday) and since I will be considered to be travelling "internationally" (even though it is only to Canada) I have to be at LAX 3 hours before my flight so I am wondering if I should book the 1:30 pm flight (have to be at airport by 10:30 am) or the 3:45 pm flight (be at the airport by 12:45 pm)....both flights are non-stop and are the same price...

We just did the BSM a few weeks ago and we also flew home to Canada on the Friday it ended. We did the 3:45 flight which was great for us, we had time to go back into Disneyland by ourselves and see a lot that there wasn't time for on the tour (a park pass for that day is included in the trip anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter