Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Yeah not sure if it’s cos I’m in Canada but nothing yet. My travel agent already did warn them I’m leaving a week early but they couldn’t send the boxes earlier.
I just saw this. I'm also in Canada and had a box "issue" when I did the DIS only 6oth anniversary tour. I was the only Canadian on the tour and the only one not to initially get their box. He only told me the basics but Kevin had to fight with ABD to get them to send mine to the point where he got an ABD manager to call me and apologize! (albeit via voicemail) But I did finally get mine in time for my trip. But my second ABD trip I got it no problem. I think they feared the wrath of Kevin! But even with that experience I'm "sold" on ABD and hoping to go again next year!

I just saw this. I'm also in Canada and had a box "issue" when I did the DIS only 6oth anniversary tour. I was the only Canadian on the tour and the only one not to initially get their box. He only told me the basics but Kevin had to fight with ABD to get them to send mine to the point where he got an ABD manager to call me and apologize! (albeit via voicemail) But I did finally get mine in time for my trip. But my second ABD trip I got it no problem. I think they feared the wrath of Kevin! But even with that experience I'm "sold" on ABD and hoping to go again next year!

I'm in the US, our ABD starts in less than a week and we've received nothing from ABD. I spoke with a CM yesterday who said our box was sent over a week ago and he "couldn't guarantee" we would receive it. Really not happy with this at all. Given the mail these days, that's far too late to send boxes. Why not send everything out as soon as final payment is made? I'm pretty sure we aren't getting it in time for the trip. Not a good start to this ABD!

Yes! We were the only Canadians in the tour too! We also got ours eventually too. The guides were the ones who arranged it to be sent so we received it a few days coming home. The guides really make the trip!

For those who have been on the trip, was the Studio Store fully stocked with merchandise on Day 3? Is it worth the visit with unique items? Do you get to purchase at employee discount rates or full rates?

For those who have been on the trip, was the Studio Store fully stocked with merchandise on Day 3? Is it worth the visit with unique items? Do you get to purchase at employee discount rates or full rates?
The studio store has 2 sections, 1 is like a standard Disney store and the other is employee-exclusive merch. Both had plenty of stock.

Do you get to purchase at employee discount rates or full rates?
From the times I’ve been in the studio store, they do not give employee discount to non-employees. I have gotten the Disney Visa discount, same as could be received in other Disney stores.

How do you get the photos that the guides take? Do they send you an email?
I don't think they send an e-mail any more just for pictures. We were on one of the early re-starts April/May 2022. The code was in the electronic daily schedule they sent out as a replacement for the printed booklet.It's buried in there somewhere. And from what I heard from others, the link was only good for about 30 days. On our trip guides were not permitted to use your camera to take pictures, etc., and other than posed pictures of each of us, except for the first full day and last day, they took almost no other pictures of the trip.

I don't think they send an e-mail any more just for pictures. We were on one of the early re-starts April/May 2022. The code was in the electronic daily schedule they sent out as a replacement for the printed booklet.It's buried in there somewhere. And from what I heard from others, the link was only good for about 30 days. On our trip guides were not permitted to use your camera to take pictures, etc., and other than posed pictures of each of us, except for the first full day and last day, they took almost no other pictures of the trip.
Found it in the e-book thanks!

We got an email last week about our adventure that starts on October 23rd. Looks like they have added back to our adventure the trip to Imagineering.

Day 3

The Walt Disney Imagineering Tour on the Glendale campus has re-opened and is now added back to the itinerary.

Day 3 is back to the original itinerary (Walt Disney Studio Lot visit/tour, Disney Archives, lunch at Studio Commissary, WDI Glendale tour, and Mickey’s of Glendale), welcome to Disneyland with check-in at the Grand Californian Hotel, and dinner at one of Disneyland Resort’s restaurants (Storyteller’s Café).

Each Guest will receive a 4-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket. This ticket expires at the end of Day 6 and is not upgradable or transferrable.

While at Disneyland Resort, attractions and entertainment are subject to change due to closure. When available, VIP viewing will be provided for entertainment.

@woodleygrrl we got the same email for our Sep 25 trip. So glad Imagineering is back in.
This morning I got a link to the official handbook and I panicked a little because it doesn’t show Imagineering on day 3. But then I remembered the email that talked about the changes. Phew!

We’re heading on the Southern California ABD this coming weekend (Sept. 18). Our itinerary still doesn’t show Imagineering. I hope we aren’t missing it by one week, Damn.

We’re heading on the Southern California ABD this coming weekend (Sept. 18). Our itinerary still doesn’t show Imagineering. I hope we aren’t missing it by one week, Damn.
We did it back in July, unless you're missing it for a one-off reason it should be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter