South Beach Dieters......... Unite

Thanks!!!!!!! The clothes are fitting so much better, so that is really great!

I'm sure there is, I just never followed it :). I think the cheese was limited to a couple of ounces. Only because it can stall some people. I never did follow that particular rule as I just love cheese!!!!!

i fell off the wagon big time this weekend. I'm trying to get back on today. i'm sitting here trying to do my grocery list, but i'm getting frustrated. i'm trying to plan some new recipes, but at the same time don't want every meal to be something new. but i know i need to have every meal and snack planned out in order to stick with it. How's everyone else doing?
Chrissy

I am doing o.k. Look for some receipes on the internet that are new, yet somewhat familiar. It's like if you normally like tacos, try tostadas instead. How about making some sandwiches or wraps. Those are different without having to try a new receipe. How about makeing enchiladas or low carb chili with cheese? These are just some of the things that I do to stay on trak. Stir fry is great for this plan. Flank steaks which are low in calories and fat. Make open faced hamburgers or put them in wraps. I've learned that eating doesn't have to be complicated.

thanks sheree those are great ideas. I have been back on track since monday, doing phase 2, I've lost 7 lbs and tomorrow will be 2 weeks. We even went the fair last night and i made it out of there with only one bite of my son's corndog. Of course I probably would have had more if he would have let me.

he does say sourdough bread, but on occassion, so I would say it's ok, but I wouldn't go overboard

Hi everyone...well, 4 weeks down and I've lost 13 lbs. I'm starting to fit into some of the clothes in the back of my closet again. Still haven't started the exercising--I really need to do that!

How is everyone else?

It is quiet around here isn't it. I think it has something to do with back to school. I know I'm running around like crazy. Doesn't leave much time for anything else.

How wonderful that you've lost 13 pounds!! I know that you feel better and trying on things that fit is awesome too! Have a great day

Okay, everyone...time to start posting about your SBD successes and challenges!

Here's mine: I lost another 3 lbs. this week! Yeah!

I've also discovered that I really can't eat cereal in the morning without my blood sugar just crashing and burning about an hour later (and I'm talking about the SBD cereal, or something whole grain.) Forget it. I'm just gonna have to do protein first thing.

How's everyone else doing?

:wave: Hi Guys-
I've been neglecting you. I got caught up in the exercise thread and of course getting in all those minutes. As for success stories I think I'm in the middle of one (I hope to see "the end") As many of you know I started the Beach on July 12. I lost a quick 10 lbs, then stalled for about a week. A few ups and downs (mostly downs Thank goodness) I have to date lost 25 lbs. (officially 20 on wish) I did really well (if you don't count a lot of whining) on phase 1. Not one single cheat. I did have a rough couple of days going thru sugar AND Pepsi withdrawls. (sidenote) It's funny I don't even want a Pepsi anymore--go figure!! In the first weeks of the Beach I would come and read about how others were doing it (or had done it- Like Sheree) and would get psyched again!
I believe I'm doing phase 1 1/2 now, I'm being so very cautious about adding back the carbs. I'll have oatmeal in the morning, and then no other carbs all day. Or I'll have a wrap, and then allow small amt of fruit later. Or 1 piece of bread (open face sandwhich- chicken salad YUM). A few mornings I'll have one of those low carb shakes (HATE EGGS!!) and then allow another small serv of carbs later. I realize I should be adding in a few more carbs, but I don't want to sabotage myself!!
I have also been working (literally) my buns off. All the exercise is sure paying off, I need to do a major purge of my closet; and then of course bring out all the clothes that used to fit (way back when).
I've been doing all this while having school start (I'm a H.S. librarian) and still work at our city's library (my summer job) until they can find a replacement.
I guess the hardest part is coming up with new/different meals that aren't always so time consuming. And of course how to integrate some of our (DH is also on the Beach) meals into what the family eats. Tonight went well, I made Cheesey Chicken Broccoli soup for all of us, but also bought some wheat rolls for the kids to have with! (Oh I would have really liked to have a roll to sop up the cheesey bits at the bottom of the bowl)

Wow Florida_Mom 16 pounds in a few weeks, How Awesome :cheer2:
Makes giving up carbs almost bearable doesn't it!

Way to go gals! Florida Mom and AlaskaMom you all are doing great! I have been on and off, I probably need to go back to phase 1 for a little while, I have let the cravings back in. I still haven't had a regular Coke since i started which is huge for me. I've been addicted to Coke since 9th grade and was drinking about 3-6 per day. Cutting those out is probably the major factor in what I lost. I am holding steady at a 6/7 lb. loss but would like to lose 6/7 more before the cruise next month. I had a set back at the gym with a twisted ankle, trying to get back into it this week. I am trying to do pilates, even if I just do some of the moves while I'm watching my soap. It helps so much with just the way I stand and walk and hold my abs. Keep up the great work everyone and keep posting, it helps me stay motivated.
Chrissy

Ladies, that is terrific!!! The weight loss and how I feel and look in my clothes is what keeps me motivated and going on this plan!!! I started adding in biking to my workout routine, and dropped some more weight. They always say that the last 10 is the hardest, and I finally decided that I just wanted 5 more at least gone. I'm sitting at 121, just a few more to go and I will be really satisified. I enjoy coming here and reading how everyone is doing. It helps me realize that I'm not out here on my own. I still haven't touched a soda diet or reg. in 4 months. I drink lemonade, tea and my water consumption is way up there! I cleaned up my eating even a bit more and it seems to have worked. More natural foods, much more natural.

Keep up the good work!

Hi everybody!
I'm gearing up to head back to the beach on Tuesday. I did very well with it before, but let myself get washed out with the tide. Sheree' -- it's so nice to see you're still here. I find your successes to be so inspiring! I'm trying to set myself up for continuing sucess this time. I've got the Nordick Trak set up in the basement so I have no excuse not to exercise.
:sunny:
Lori

Hi to all you South Beach Experts. I am ready to take the plunge and get some weight off. The kids go back to school on the 11th and that will be my start date. I need to know what is best, to purchase the South Beach Book or sign up on line and follow it that way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am always nervous about giving out my credit card on line. :wave2: Thanks Joan

I responded on your other thread, but I wanted to come and say welcome mackeyapp!!

Thanks Sheree,
Today was "start day" and the book is staying close by. The boys are off to school and DH is following along with me(although barely needs to loose 10 pounds) but great to have the support team. Breakfast and lunch were good and I have chicken thawing for dinner. Not feeling hungry at all just have to get through the next few hours. The worst time of day for me is generally between 2 and 5pm. Today We Must Put An End To That!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the Support
Joan

My gosh, all the way on page 3!!! I was checking in to see how everyone was doing. I'm still doing great and going strong. I've added in some extra exercise and went back to a modified phase 1 as I am finally going after those last 10 pounds I wanted to lose. It's working. I'm at my lowest ever at 120!!! Five more pounds to go............. I haven't been 120 since middle school. Can this plan work or what?????

You ladies have such inspirational stories! I have all the best intentions, but I keep sabotaging myself and I don't know what is up with that! I have the book, read it; I have even done SB before and dropped 8 pounds fast that I kept off until this past year. (It has been a rough one).

The worst time for me is in the evenings. I need to get out of the old routine I guess. :confused3

Please keep posting all your successes! It is very inspiring! :cheer2:

:wave2: Hi, everyone -- It's me again. I keep trying to get back on the Beach. Last year, I lost 21 pounds, then put 9 back on. (Darn it.) And, I've been really trying to eat only a few carbs, but I guess I need to go back to phase 1 and start all over again. (Darn it again.) I want to lose that pesky 9 and then 21 more at least.

So, here I go again.

Whoo-Hoo :cheer2: to all of you who have been losing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter