Sound machine and clock for cruise

jldcherry

Mouseketeer
When I did online check in it said sound machines could be presented to be approved to use on board. Does anyone have experience with what gets approved? Or with bringing a clock on board?

I know there will be a clock in the room but our kids are trained to sleep with an okay to wake clock that turns green when they are allowed to get out of bed. I think this will be especially important as we are going from east coast to west for this cruise and this will help with the time change.

Following this… my son also sleeps with white noise and I have been trained to sleep with it as well, haha.

We've done 8 cruises and have brought a sound machine on all of them. I have always put it in my suitcase and have never had to show it to anyone, last cruise was 2 months ago. Your luggage will go through security scanners like at the airport. If they see anything that they are concerned about, they will call you to deck 1 and will have you take it out of your bag. I had this happen with a pair of kid scissors. They looked at them and said it was fine. My dd's sound machine can be plugged in or can use batteries. I always bring batteries in case they have a problem with the plug, but they never have. My dd brought a night light on our last cruise that is about 8 inches tall, 6 inches wide and looks like a stuffed cat. It doesn't have a clock, but it stays on for an hour and then slowly dims and then goes off. There was no problem with it, so your clock should be ok. They are just checking to make sure any plug ins don't have frayed cords that could be a fire risk.

We brought a white noise machine for my 1yo back in 2019. It was taken out of the luggage and hubby had to stay for a few min while they inspected it, got our room number, and told us it would be delivered to the room after inspection; it was brought up with a sticker on it, if I remember correctly. They brought it up fairly quickly!

RIght from the FAQ:

• The following electrical appliances will be collected for inspection by the Chief Electrician and if approved, will be returned for use onboard the ship.
    • Baby Monitors
    • Humidifiers
    • Portable fans
    • White Noise/Sleep Machine

RIght from the FAQ:

• The following electrical appliances will be collected for inspection by the Chief Electrician and if approved, will be returned for use onboard the ship.
    • Baby Monitors
    • Humidifiers
    • Portable fans
    • White Noise/Sleep Machine
My thought is that if they check them and they fail inspection, I won't collect them back because I don't want them near my grandchildren!

Your kids will be tired and they will sleep no matter what. Tell them that they can't get out of bed until you say that it is OK. It is best that they learn to be flexible, especially when traveling.

We brought a white noise machine for my 1yo back in 2019. It was taken out of the luggage and hubby had to stay for a few min while they inspected it, got our room number, and told us it would be delivered to the room after inspection; it was brought up with a sticker on it, if I remember correctly. They brought it up fairly quickly!
Same thing for us in 2019, where we brought 2. Both taken at check in and we're back in our room by dinner. We board on Monday for the first time since then, and we have the same ones back. We are picky about our white noise :)

I guess in a pinch, a cell phone app could be used for sound. I don't think they all require wifi for the sound, just the download.

I used my white noise app on the Fantasy in March and didn’t need the WiFi. I’ll be using it again on the Dream in June. Worked perfectly.

I brought a sound machine onboard in March. It could run off battery power, or plugged in without batteries. For ease of travel, I left the batteries out. Mine didn’t get pulled for inspection at all. I’m not sure if leaving the batteries out helped or not, but that would be my guess.

I brought this one on board the wonder last week.

I put it in my checked luggage. I don’t know if it was inspected or not but it was in our bags when we got them and we used it all week for our 2 and 6 year olds who are used to sleeping with white noise.

We take our sound machine in our carry-on luggage. The one time we didn't, that piece of luggage took forever to be delivered to our room (like after dinner). This last cruise they were not sure what to put on the label at security, so I suggested that they just copy what was on the current label from the prior cruise :) We have used our phones in a pinch when we forget the machine, but that machine is sleep magic.

I've brought this one on the last couple cruises and have left it in my checked luggage each time (still in its box). AFAIK it's never been taken out. I love it because it can run all night without needing to be plugged in.

We used a tiny rechargeable sound machine that fits in the palm of my hand and connects via USB last time we cruised. It’s the same one we use at home for our kids and while camping. It was in our luggage and we didn’t have any issues.

My daughter used a white noise machine at home for years but we always traveled with just a white noise app on the iPad so we didn't have to pack the sound machine.

An Okay to Wake clock should be fine because it is battery-powered.

The white noise machine we used to use was a HomeMedics brand that had the option to plug in or use batteries, and I feel like we occasionally used batteries for travel before getting the iPad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter