Sorry kids! We're going to the DARK SIDE!

Just 25 more Fridays and we will be on our way to Florida!!

It is a lazy Saturday at our house. It's Hubs' birthday and he wants to just watch racing and for me to make Alfredo for dinner. :)

Just 24 more Fridays!! I did some babysitting today for this great family.. I actually watch their daughter at the daycare where I work! I watched both their kids today and, since the dad was furloughed and mom is in law school, I said that I'd only charge how much they could afford to pay.

They paid me $10 an hour!! :hyper: That is $60 that I just put into our vacation fund! And, sadly, it is more then I make an hour at my full time job.. still, I'm tickled pink to have that extra money to put into our fund! And it was super easy, the kids are great and get along awesome with mine. Plus, our parenting styles are very similar, so they said it was such a good match that they want me to babysit again sometime! :cool1:

I've seen Shrek.. definitely not on our "okay to watch" list! I kind of feel like it's more for teenagers/adults. Like I said, we're kinda strict. ;)

Following along!! I don't have any children yet but I know why you would have an okay to watch list with the little ones. I think it is crazy how they make movies that would be appealing to kids yet are geared more towards older kids. With the "hidden" adult jokes. I think it is ridiculous!

Yeah, we have a hard time with new kids movies.. Our oldest is almost 9. It would be different if they were 12 or 13. Kids pick up I stuff so easily so we try to let them stay little as long as possible. :)

Happy Birthday Punky!! My oldest baby girl is 9 today! We are having a "Cupcake Wars" party on Sunday! Guests decorate their own cupcakes and the winner gets a special prize! ;)

This whole government shutdown thing has me stressed.. Sadly, we depend on Hubs' VA disability and GI Bill benefits to live.. At least we can breathe easy for a couple more months.

Tomorrow makes just 23 more Fridays until our vacation! MIL said for Christmas she would just give us vacation money.. I'm ok with that! We don't need lots of stuff anyways!

For those who happen to read this, but mainly for my own pleasure, we only have 22 more Fridays until we go on vacation!!

Not much to update as far as vacationing goes. Punky, who just turned 9, asked for a Pygmy Puff for her birthday after seeing it on the WWHP website. She got one and apparently my son thinks it is the greatest thing ever! He "steals" it every chance he gets and says, "MY pig puff!!" We might just be ordering another one around Christmas time!

Speaking of Christmas, it feels like winter here!! We got about 4 days of nice, fall weather and suddenly it is snowing and 28 degrees outside!! Crazy!

On a side note, Hubs and I have been trying to lose weight! I've been working on it longer than he has, although he has worked harder at it than I! He's lost 40 lbs and I have lost 30lbs. My goal is to lose at least another 10 lbs before our vacation! Hoping to look halfway decent in a swimsuit when we visit the water park! :) Going for a "Wow! She looks good for middle aged mom if four!" look.. No really, we are trying to just live healthier. Not so much a diet as more of a lifestyle change. Still want to enjoy the delicious-but-not-so-healthy stuff, only in moderation.

For those who happen to read this, but mainly for my own pleasure, we only have 22 more Fridays until we go on vacation!!

Not much to update as far as vacationing goes. Punky, who just turned 9, asked for a Pygmy Puff for her birthday after seeing it on the WWHP website. She got one and apparently my son thinks it is the greatest thing ever! He "steals" it every chance he gets and says, "MY pig puff!!" We might just be ordering another one around Christmas time!

Speaking of Christmas, it feels like winter here!! We got about 4 days of nice, fall weather and suddenly it is snowing and 28 degrees outside!! Crazy!

On a side note, Hubs and I have been trying to lose weight! I've been working on it longer than he has, although he has worked harder at it than I! He's lost 40 lbs and I have lost 30lbs. My goal is to lose at least another 10 lbs before our vacation! Hoping to look halfway decent in a swimsuit when we visit the water park! :) Going for a "Wow! She looks good for middle aged mom if four!" look.. No really, we are trying to just live healthier. Not so much a diet as more of a lifestyle change. Still want to enjoy the delicious-but-not-so-healthy stuff, only in moderation.

Wow....well done on the weight loss.......that is fantastic!!! You must be very happy with that....for both of you :goodvibes

22 more Fridays will pass in no time and before you know it you`ll be there....looking forward to hearing about it :thumbsup2

Thank you!

So, I have a question for anyone out there... Hubs eats some meat but the kiddos and I are all vegetarians. Any must have veggie meals we should try? Or stay away from?

I've looked at menus online but there doesn't se to be as many options available.. We will bring stuff in the parks with us, but would like to have a couple of in park meals..

Just 21 more Fridays!! Time is flying by, we've had so much going on!!

We survived Halloween here. I took the kids Trick or Treating to a few houses but we ended up being under a tornado watch with 40mph wind gusts!! Thankfully, it hit a little later then expected and we were able to get some fun in! All of the indoor venues were packed! I was going to take the kids to their school's festivities but you couldn't even get to the school it was so packed! They still had fun though!

Babysitting this weekend so I will have some money to add to the vacation fund! :)

We are down to just 20 more Fridays until our vacation!! Time keeps flying by and before you know it, we will be in the teens!

Lost another 1.6 lbs this week. Hoping it will keep coming off instead of going back and forth a couple lbs. I really want to meet my original weight goal before we leave. All that tempting Halloween candy laying around doesn't help any..

Girls helped a neighbor rake leaves and she paid them $3 each! They were so excited. Punky is saving for vacation but I think the other girls will end up spending it..

Hubs mentioned that they have tickets at MWR for medieval times in Orlando and you get some sort of free upgrade. Anyone ever gone? I'm torn between trying to relax and having as many experiences we can crammed inside a week! Just wondering if it would be worth it.

We are down to just 20 more Fridays until our vacation!! Time keeps flying by and before you know it, we will be in the teens!

Lost another 1.6 lbs this week. Hoping it will keep coming off instead of going back and forth a couple lbs. I really want to meet my original weight goal before we leave. All that tempting Halloween candy laying around doesn't help any..

Well done on he continued weight loss :thumbsup2...........20 more Fridays.......it will go by so quickly :)

Thanks! :)

I'm freezing my buns off right now, watching Hubs and my young BIL race go karts. Thinking about how warm I'd be if I were in Florida.. :)

Here is an update to our vacation plans!! Boo Bear's 6th birthday is the day before we leave for Florida. Normally, if birthdays fall on a weekday, we celebrate the following weekend. Her b-day is on a Thursday, we leave on Friday and arrive on Saturday. The weekend before will be me, frantically trying to catch up on laundry and making sure everything is ready for our trip, and hopefully get things in order so we don't come home to chaos. Wasn't planning on having a real party for Boo.. Thought we'd get a cake when we got there.

Well, she was a little disheartened that she wouldn't have an actual party. She didn't whine, just was a little sad.. Well, we are planning a big surprise for her!!

Hubs found out about the discounted tickets via ft. Knox ITR that come with a free royalty upgrade for Medieval Times. I was a little unsure at first BUT I did some research.. It got pretty great reviews and the pics of it look fabulous! Not only that, their vegetarian meal looks good. And, I read that they will announce a Happy Birthday to her and make Boo an honorary "princess"!! Totally up her alley!

So, we are going to surprise her! I'm planning to go on Sunday evening. I figure we will play by the pool and look around the resort grounds that day (maybe visit a church that morning.. Haven't researched any and am open to suggestions from you FL natives) and surprise her with Medieval Times later!!

Other then another meal later in the week at T-Rex (as of now, thinking lunch there on Wednesday using gift card earned via swagbucks) we aren't planning any other excursions outside of park days.

As of now, here is our tentative schedule that is subject to change:
Friday- leave home. Drive to location yet to be determined and spend night.
Saturday- drive rest of the way, arrive at resort. Settle in, go swimming, relax.
Sunday- relax, swim, maybe visit family in area. Birthday surprise dinner at Medieval Times.
Monday- park day.
Tuesday- park day.
Wednesday- sleep in. Lunch at T-Rex Cafe. Visit BIL and family.
Thursday- park day.
Friday- park day (probably water park).
Saturday- sleep in, pack up, drive to midway location yet to be determined to spend night.
Sunday- finish driving home.
Monday- back to reality..

Aww that sounds lovely for your daughter, I'm sure she'll love it :thumbsup2

Spent some down time looking at pics of the resort we get to stay at.. Bahama Bay!

It looks beautiful!! I'm so excited! I'm imagining myself in the heated pools or walking around the lake... as I bundle up in my scarf and coat because the heat isn't working right in my classroom! :)

Before I go to sleep, wanted to mention that we are finally in the teens... Just 19 more weeks to go! :)

18 more weeks! :)

Got a gift of $100 today from MIL (who is forever doing sweet things for us) and I put it right into the vacation fund! Babysitting tomorrow and that money will also be out into the fund! :)

Had a job offer the other day but turned it down. More money per hour and a step closer to a full time job in the school system, but I'd lose the discounted childcare for my son. I could try to find cheaper childcare, but he loves his class and they love him. Monetarily, it wouldn't be much of a benefit. I also wouldn't be guaranteed full time hours. There were a few other negatives but the gist is that I need to put what's best for my family ahead of what might interest me. Plus, I really like my current job.

I was honest as to why I turned down the position and was told to contact them anytime that my situation changes and they would be happy to employ me. So, that's a good thing. At least I didn't burn a bridge! :)

Missed my weekly update yesterday. 17 weeks to go! Ate a TON of food on Thursday! Got the fall decor put away and some if the Christmas stuff out. We got a real tree this year, which was a lot if fun and smells wonderful. Sadly, I think it be allergic.

Time us flying! I tried on my bathing suits (found them in the back of a drawer) and they are both too big. Another thing to add to the vacation list: but a new bathing suit!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter