Sorcerer Pass

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
So I have a relative that is DVC white card. They went to WDW this week and were able to buy the Sorcerer Pass and activate it. They told me that I should call MS and I might be able to purchase it for our upcoming August trip. Does MS check eligibility at the time of the call? I've heard some are rejected during the call, but others are able to buy it (so I imagine they check, but I'm not positive it's checked 100% of the time). Say you're one of the lucky ones, does it stand or can it be taken away at Guest Services upon activation? I would hate to find out in August that the discount tickets I bought and had converted to APs have to be refunded and I'm forced to pay park prices the week I'm there with my family.

If you call MS they aren't going to let you buy the Sorcerer pass because they'll see you're a white card member. My understanding is all Sorcerer pass sales over the phone are going through MS first, so there's no workaround here. Your best bet is to try at a ticket booth on property - hopefully you get a CM that doesn't know the difference or doesn't pay enough attention.

I doubt they will later rescind a Sorcerer pass if you're able to get one at the TTC for example. They don't check your DVC card when you tap into a park using your pass throughout the year or anything. I also wouldn't count on lightning striking twice - so don't expect to be able to renew the pass next year.

So I have a relative that is DVC white card. They went to WDW this week and were able to buy the Sorcerer Pass and activate it. They told me that I should call MS and I might be able to purchase it for our upcoming August trip. Does MS check eligibility at the time of the call? I've heard some are rejected during the call, but others are able to buy it (so I imagine they check, but I'm not positive it's checked 100% of the time). Say you're one of the lucky ones, does it stand or can it be taken away at Guest Services upon activation? I would hate to find out in August that the discount tickets I bought and had converted to APs have to be refunded and I'm forced to pay park prices the week I'm there with my family.
If you are able to buy one, you may not be permitted to activate it so I would be ready for that possibility. I also haven’t heard of anyone who is not eligible buying it over the phone this time. In fact, this is the first I’ve heard of anyone who is ineligible being able to buy it. I would say that, if your relative is not DVC Y and is not a FL resident, then they just got lucky.

Edited to add: I know nothing about how it works with calling in this time. I bought our Sorcerer passes online.

If you are able to buy one, you may not be permitted to activate it so I would be ready for that possibility. I also haven’t heard of anyone who is not eligible buying it over the phone this time. In fact, this is the first I’ve heard of anyone who is ineligible being able to buy it. I would say that, if your relative is not DVC Y and is not a FL resident, then they just got lucky.

Edited to add: I know nothing about how it works with calling in this time. I bought our Sorcerer passes online.
I'm not sure either. When I go on the Disney website, I'm only eligible for the Incredi-Pass. So buying online is not an option. I did the chat the other day and a CM was so generic in his answers that "everyone could buy the Sorcerer Pass," which just isn't true. Not sure if my relative had a CM that didn't care or didn't know, but I'm not really up for leaving it up to the CM to find out one way or another.

So you have one data point of a white card getting an AP? Are u telling people who aren't eligible to call in?
The only person I know who has a white card other than myself is the person who got the pass. But that data point is 100% of the data I have. That's a joke, just so you know.

If you call MS they aren't going to let you buy the Sorcerer pass because they'll see you're a white card member. My understanding is all Sorcerer pass sales over the phone are going through MS first, so there's no workaround here. Your best bet is to try at a ticket booth on property - hopefully you get a CM that doesn't know the difference or doesn't pay enough attention.

I doubt they will later rescind a Sorcerer pass if you're able to get one at the TTC for example. They don't check your DVC card when you tap into a park using your pass throughout the year or anything. I also wouldn't count on lightning striking twice - so don't expect to be able to renew the pass next year.
My guess is the CM my relative met with didn't know the difference. As the story goes, my relative met with GS and just showed the MDE app profile that showed they had DVC, not their DVC white card. When I was first told they had bought an AP, I was led to believe the CM granted them a special deal or something, like "You're DVC but white card, so don't tell anyone we did this." Now I know they snuck through.

I've seen other threads about the morality of white cards getting blue card benefits via lies of omission ("Yes, I'm DVC" instead of "No, I'm not eligible for benefits", and this would definitely fall under that umbrella.

MS verifies your eligibility and will not allow you to buy. Way too many reports if deniels.

This is the only report I have seen here and elsewhere if it actually happening.

I know of someone who also tried at WDW last week and was denied..tried a few windows too.

So, I am pretty sure your relative was very lucky to have gotten through. Last year, they did indeed ask for the card via renewal and said that the system will flag you as ineligible.

I wouldn’t take the chance, sorry.

When the Sorcerer APs first went on sale (or when AP sales restarted after Covid, can’t remember), there were a number of DVC-ND owners who were able to buy and activate DVC Sorcerer APs and use them for a year. When they tried to renew them, they were denied. There were also a number of DVC-ND owners who were able to buy the APs by calling Disney not DVC, but when they tried to use them the first time were not able to activate them (had to be done in person then) they were denied activation and had to choose between paying the difference to get the Incredi-Pass or take a refund.

I wouldn’t take the chance, sorry.

When the Sorcerer APs first went on sale (or when AP sales restarted after Covid, can’t remember), there were a number of DVC-ND owners who were able to buy and activate DVC Sorcerer APs and use them for a year. When they tried to renew them, they were denied. There were also a number of DVC-ND owners who were able to buy the APs by calling Disney not DVC, but when they tried to use them the first time were not able to activate them (had to be done in person then) they were denied activation and had to choose between paying the difference to get the Incredi-Pass or take a refund.
That's my fear. I somehow get it, and come August, I'm confronted with a four-figure decision (plus booking park reservations) while annoyed AP guests wait for my answer. Thank you!!

I have to admit I made a mistake. The person who told me they were white card DVC and got the Sorcerer's Pass was the person who does none of the WDW planning and did not know they were actually blue card DVC. The spouse is the planner and she told me they are blue card DVC via an old resale contract. My apologies.

Hi All -- bit of a different question from the OP but on the topic of Sorcerer Pass.

If I have 4-day hopper tix purchased via UT, unused (they are for a trip later this year), my understanding is that I can call Member Services and have the tix upgraded to a Sorcerer Pass (I am an eligible blue card member).

Help me with my math. Let's say I paid $1,258 for 2 tix through UT, but those same 4-day hopper tix via Disney's site are $1,357. Will I be credited the $1,357 towards my upgrade to Sorcerer AP?

Additionally, has anyone had issues upgrading their UT tix to AP over the phone? I'd rather do it sooner vs. later, to avoid the risk of waiting til I get to the parks later this year and AP sales being disabled again.

Hi All -- bit of a different question from the OP but on the topic of Sorcerer Pass.

If I have 4-day hopper tix purchased via UT, unused (they are for a trip later this year), my understanding is that I can call Member Services and have the tix upgraded to a Sorcerer Pass (I am an eligible blue card member).

Help me with my math. Let's say I paid $1,258 for 2 tix through UT, but those same 4-day hopper tix via Disney's site are $1,357. Will I be credited the $1,357 towards my upgrade to Sorcerer AP?

Additionally, has anyone had issues upgrading their UT tix to AP over the phone? I'd rather do it sooner vs. later, to avoid the risk of waiting til I get to the parks later this year and AP sales being disabled again.

The last time I used a ticket to upgrade I got gate price at time the tickets were printed which was close to what I paid..only a few dollars more. They don’t bridge to todays prices.

I did in person so I can’t help with the other part.

Per recent posts on the Ticket Sticky thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...your-ticket-questions-to-this-thread.3570721/ and as Sandi says above, you should receive credit for whatever Disney's price was on the day you bought your tickets from UT - IOW, if there's been a price increase since then, you won't get credit for that amount. There have been reports of guests being credited only the amount that UT paid Disney for the tickets, but that is incorrect, and you should ask for a supervisor if the Disney CM tries to credit you for significantly less than you actually paid.

Sorry, I can't remember what recent experiences have been reported about upgrading over the phone rather than in person, since you have to go through DVC MS. I don't think there have been very many such reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter