Sophia the First

JennaDeeDooDah

My oh my what a wonderful day!
DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?

We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

But she REALLY loves Doc McStuffins. Another one that Disney has done great on.

We watched the first 2 episodes, but DD did not get hooked. I really like it tho.

Big Doc fans here, too. My daughter has a stuffed lamb who has now had her name officially changed to "Lamby". Sophia, Doc, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are all big favs.

My DD loves Sofia, I think the show is adorable. She is also a huge Doc fan! Love Disney Junior!

My almost 6 yr old DD loves Sofia. We DVR the new episode every Friday. I really enjoy watching it with her too. She recently discovered the Sofia games online and those are a big hit too.

We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune! :blush:

Claire :)

We are eagerly waiting for this in the Uk! We had the longer preview type episode on before Christmas and it has just been repeated again this past Sunday, so I'm hoping that means that the proper series will be on soon!

I'm also keeping an eye on the Disney store website as the Uk one just says Sofia merchandise is coming soon, but I noticed the US site has some really cute things!

We are big Doc fans in this house too! I must confess that I'm sometimes heard humming the "I'm so lucky to have a Lammie like you" tune! :blush:

Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

DD2 and I are currently watching this show. I have to admit, I am very happy that I have a two-year-old daughter to watch this with as I would feel really silly watching it on my own... but would still want to. I think Disney knocked this one out of the park. Anyone else seen the show with their children? What are your thoughts?

Yes, my granddaughter (just turned two) loves Sophia!:)

My granddaughter LOVES Doc McStuffins, too!

Big warning for you. I was at our local Disney Store on Saturday and I was looking at all of the cute Sophia stuff. The worker then told me that they weren't going to be carrying as much Sophia stuff because they have found that they can't keep up with the demand. They are going to cut down to less stuff and try to stock more of that, rather than have a huge assortment. I asked it if was going to be this way at all stores or just theirs and she said she believed it was going to be company-wide. So, get your Sophia stuff while you can!

Thanks for the heads up on Sophia items!

My DH & I DVR Phineas & Ferb, Handy Manny and Chuggington. We got hooked on them while my GDD was living here.

DD & GDD are back with us so it is a good excuse to watch Disney Junior. ;) I thought Sofia is cute, but we don't watch that as much. We do like Doc McStuffins. GDD loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. In fact she is waiting for it to come on right now. :)

Thanks for the warning! I don't know if and when the merchandise will appear in the stores. The Doc stuff here is still only online at the moment so I suspect thats the way it will be for the first few months when the Sofia stuff comes out. The doc stuff sold out within hours of coming online in November, so Sofia may well be the same. I guess it depends how long the programme is on before the merchandise comes out - i.e how hooked the kids are on it!

JennaDeeDooDah said:

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think they has a huge assortment of Sofia stuff. A dress, necklace, crown, one stuffed toy, the figurine set, the tshirts and PJs. What would the cut out?
She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.

Oh no, My grand daughter loves Sofia. She is waiting for her dress to come out.

Why would they do that and cut things out when there are so many people willing to spend the money on all they have to offer??

Ugh, employ more people to make them! Easy fix.

I just can't figure out the corporate world.

She said that she thought they would cut out all of the non-clothes and maybe only carry the pajamas.

No toys? Maybe it's me, but that just doesn't make any sense.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.

And anyways, Disney Store online just added a new toy today - a Sofia singing doll.

Omgosh..... Do you think they will have this in the parks?
We will be there for my granddaughters birthday, I would love for her to get it while we are there.

I'm just repeating what the store clerk told me. I know that I would hate to be expecting a doll or something and find out that they were only going to be carrying clothes in the near future.

I have 2 DSs and while they both enjoy Doc McStuffins neither is interested in Sofia. I know my 6yr old is getting to the top age range of Disney Jr but he insists Sofia is for girls only. And my 2yr old just ignores Sofia altogether.
Jake is still good but recently I find myself turning the channel...

We miss Oso, Manny and Imagination Movers! (and I know these are on the Disney Jr channel but we don't get that channel!) Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and DVRs!

Just left my Disney store and wanted to let you all know they had a bunch of the dresses and plush dolls, pj's and t shirts .
I am I'm south Florida.the lady said they came in yesterday. So if you are looking for something call your store you may get lucky.
My granddaughter literally fell out of the stroller when she saw the dress.
She is now wearing it beaming ear to ear.

That's a funny way to deal with the issue of too much demand. Others would simply ratchet up the supply side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter