Songs you hated as a kid but like now

I was going to say ‘none’ if I hated them then I hate them now. Thinking about it, that’s not 100% true. I was a Metal kid and all they would play on the radio was New Wave and Pop. Could. Not. Stand. It. Give me Ozzy or give me death. :lmao: Now when it comes on (usually in the grocery store, lol) it makes me feel nostalgic and takes me back.

Last edited:
Stairway To Heaven.

It’s been my favorite song for about 35 years, but I hated it when I was little.

Amazing Grace

I only ever heard this song at funerals as a child and never understood it and it takes forever in my child mind to get through the song. It wasn't even that fun to sing
but now I can appreciate the song for what it is

I'll second Stairway to Heaven and anything by The Who. Not that they weren't good songs. It's just the burnouts on my school bus overplayed those songs to death for me and I had to go a good 25 years not hearing them to appreciate them.

I'll also add anything my mother used to listen to, I can now tolerate. So I don't turn off Engleburt Humperdink right away and I actually LOVE hearing Neil Diamond.

My grandparents listened to old time Country music and Big Bands early every morning. Sleeping in the room right outside the kitchen where they sat, we were always disturbed and so I cultivated a severe dislike for the Big Band stuff in particular. Now that they're gone, I find that the music wasn't all that bad-I now listen to The Standard on iHeart a lot.

Reunited by Peaches and Herb

Let me explain..

When I was younger, my family would spend two weeks at the beach for our summer vacation and we’d rent a cabin and it was the highlight of our year. Our dad took two weeks off work so we had him 24/7. He traveled a lot for work so we’d go weeks without seeing him.

Anyway, our vacation spot was roughly three hours away so we’d all pile into the station wagon and off we’d go. The car was old and only had an eight track player. My parents (for whatever reason) only owned one eight track. Reunited by Peaches and Herb. So, it was played on repeat for pretty much the whole drive. No 12 year old should know the whole song by heart.

I learned to HATE that song, but now I don’t mind it, because of the flood of memories it brings back. I guess you could say I’m reunited (with the memories), and it feels so good.

I'll tell you one song I loved as a kid but HATE now- Don't Stop Believin.' Loved it in 1982 but so overplayed now.

Anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival. My dad used to listen to them relentlessly, and I always hated it. Now I don't mind them so much since I'm more into classic rock.

I love a lot of the “easy listening” my parents enjoyed. For example: Calcutta by Lawrence Welk, Winchester Cathedral, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Glen Campbell, Bobby Vinton, Theme from A Summer Place by Percy Faith, pre-rock Streisand, etc.

When my mom passed away(5 yrs ago), I made a playlist for all of this type of music that reminds me of my mom and then my childhood.

Anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival. My dad used to listen to them relentlessly, and I always hated it. Now I don't mind them so much since I'm more into classic rock.

My mother used to grouch and moan about the war protests of the 60s and early 70s. Then she'd put on this
I wasn't even old enough to know better and I knew what that meant. We never told her. We just snickered and giggled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter