Sometimes it's in the details...

GoofItUp

DIS Veteran
I was just thinking about one of my favorite things at AKV from our summer trip at Kidani: the little tiles in the shower with the animal images on them. I didn't know until we got there that those tiles were in there, and it was just a neat little surprise. I know that's a funny and somewhat odd thing to strike a person, but it just made me enjoy the experience even a little more. I loved AKV as it was, but that was just icing on the cake.

Have you had some little detail make you fall in love with one of the resorts even a little more than you already did?

I am totally with you on those tiles! I love them and you're right... they just add that something special. I find that to be true in each and every resort (sometimes in the public spaces, sometimes in the rooms). I love the scent in the Beach Club lobby. It's my favorite thing in the whole world.

I love that during different times of the day there are CMs playing traditional African instruments in the Port Cochere. It sets the mood from the moment you arrive.:)

I love the tiles in the shower at VWL!

I'm with you Bobbi! And we usually are there at Christmas,
so the red and green tiles with Rudolph and the Christmas tree are :thumbsup2.

And add the christmas tree cut-outs on the dining room chairs, well, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:santa:

My sister and I said the same thing about the shower tiles at Kidani! What a great extra touch they add!

There are so many great touches in those rooms. I really fell in love with the window sheers. They have tons of animals. Also love the chairs with carved in lion heads and the head board with Simba and Nala carved in.

I'm with you Bobbi! And we usually are there at Christmas,
so the red and green tiles with Rudolph and the Christmas tree are :thumbsup2.

And add the christmas tree cut-outs on the dining room chairs, well, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:santa:

:goodvibes

It's all good, and our next trip to VWL is with the Christmas tree exchange!:santa:

Did you notice in the AKV studio rooms, there are Simba drawings on the tiles in the kitchenette, but only in Jambo House, Kidani seemed to miss this cute feature that I fell in love with :( As pooh would say "Oh bother". I love Kidani anyway! Lots of little details in both resorts.

Then for sure we won't mention anything about the coolest elevator doors at WDW. :p

I could probably tell you a thing or two about this. My 4 yr old son is elevator-crazy. He watches videos on youtube of people riding the elevators at Disney. On one of his earlier trips we asked him what his favorite ride was -- he said the elevators. :confused3 :sad2: :laughing:

I agree about the details. There is a spot at Tusker House in AK that is tucked away in the back. A beautiful patio with a bar and it looks over water. If you look down and to the right, there is a little beach with a boat and oar and netting and it's this little charming scene. The attention to details in out of the way tableaus like this are amazing. Whether anyone sees them or not. They're there. :goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter