Something About Nothing............ #14

So happy seeing homies check in here!

I miss every one when they are missing for days or weeks or months.:wave:

Gave in and turned the ac on today
It’s now at 81 here and will be the same tomorrow.

Spring has finally arrived!

Super busy day today. The downside of being off work for a couple of days. I think I spent half the day telling people that we have a waitlist.

Good news from WDW today. They are relaxing their face mask policy slightly.

I have a black Kipling convertible bag. Though only use it as a fanny pack, Charade. I love it. Has 3 zippered compartments, with the biggest having a inside zippered pocket. Also has a little outside pocket. I put my coin change in the inside zipper, carry a small wallet for cards and license, that wallet and my sunglasses fit in the largest zipper part, and also held a small BBW hand sanitizer too, second largest holds my 7 Plus iPhone in lifeproof case, and last zipper holds my photo card and receipts I keep. Outside little one holds my train ticket. Keep my room key and AP in my lanyard. I found that bag at Macy’s, though you can get that brand at other places. Hope that helps.
I've looked at the Kipling, but am afraid it won't be large enough to go around my waist. I'm trying to lose a few pounds before Disney, but am not doing so well.

I use a Kipling Multiple. It holds a lot and apart from the two rides with metal detectors, it goes on every ride without affecting the harness. It holds quite a lot of items and has little compartments that are handy. I haven`t seen a better one anywhere. It does work as a smaller cross body bag too. It`s not dressy nor fancy, but it works well.
I'm okay with not fancy. Some of the bags I've seen are a little too fancy.

Boris didn`t tell us anything we didn`t already know yesterday.....hair salons open Monday though...big woohoo there! Travel still not decided, but looking positive for the future......when though in the future is a different matter.....lol.......
I know you will be happy to go back to the salon. Hopefully travel won't be too far behind.

Have doctor tomorrow morning to begin process for heart monitoring - expecting a long wait for that.
Hope everything goes well.

But, came home to the sad news that the British actor Paul Ritter has died aged 54.
I am not familiar with him, but 54 is way too young.

This winter, a nagging new one popped up. This time steroid injection into ankle. Have lost count of how many in other sections of that foot, however, that concept sure sounded creepier than it really was lol. Hope to see big improvement before trip end of month!
Hope your foot is good and strong for your trip.

Favorite is the brand medical & police use. Everest. Comes in sizes small enough for kids up to one I often use in parks (Xlarge). If you don’t want or need one quite that big, the Lg should suffice. It expands to handle anything you’d want to toss in there. I spray mine with scotch guard for waterproofing
I saw the name Everest while I was searching. I'll look and see if I can find one. I'd like to avoid online returns if possible.

Had to jump through hoops to get back on here
Had to make a new password as forgot the one I have had since the beginning of time ...2001
Glad you made it back in.

Lindsey placed 2nd and won $100 in a March Madness pool, with a $10 investment. Not too bad! She really knows nothing of the teams, and picks the winners according to which uniform she likes best, lol! I guess it's as good of a strategy as any??
Congrats to her. B won one back when she was in high school. She got lucky. She doesn't follow basketball at all. I think she won a pizza.

[
My friend Felicity would lend us hers anytime, but I`d be terrified they`d run away. The dogs do know us well, but I`d still be petrified they wouldn`t come back when we let them off the leash and we lost them. Couldn`t have that conversation!!!
Oh I’d be terrified to let mine off leash at public place
may even do some weeding in the stones around the house....any excuse to stay out longer!
Ugh lol that’s a chore
Not very clear but it is here on the centre of the picture
Beautiful
Said he was lovely and very funny, in a good way. Nice to know.
Cool! Now, if he will only get his ducks in a row re travel
I’ll be counting noses in the morning to see if we need to send out the doggies to bring homies back home here
I’ll scatter the doggie treats
It's almost pink gin season!!
All this time & have been missing the 5th season? Darn it
I'm hoping to be a snowbird in Alabama someday..
Sweet home. Never in that area hear beaches beautiful
DH leaves for Texas tomorrow. It's his annual golf trip (which was cancelled due to 'you know what' last year). He flies down with a buddy and they meet up with a couple other guys. Four days of golf, beer and BBQ. A man's dream!!!
Yeehaw!
Car rental prices are absolutely nuts. I read that they sold off a lot of their fleet during COVID.
That’s the explanation. Cynic in me doubts they surely aren’t above challenging the market rates
Me too. Took it for test drive today out & about tracking down hot toy,,,squish mallow...chameleon plush to be exact. Stoopid TikTok is to blame lol
saw the name Everest while I was searching. I'll look and see if I can find one. I'd like to avoid online returns if possible.
Amazon so easy, print out the return label, affix to box & they pick it up on porch next day or u stop in mail box

Several years ago I started posting on a Facebook group for Girl Scout parents and leaders. I left the group after B graduated high school but remained Facebook friends with a few of the women in the group. One of them was diagnosed with ALS back on 2016. He daughter just posted something indicating that she is in her final days. She’s only a few months older than me.

Hello All,

Tried to post earlier today but seems there was another glitch. Trying again this evening.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Mom ended up not making it to dinner. She was not feeling well. It was a nice dinner anyway and a beautiful day with the windows open.

Spent the morning looking for deals on car rentals for our May trip. Finally found a good discount through the ticket broker we are going through to buy park tickets. Car rental prices are absolutely nuts. I read that they sold off a lot of their fleet during COVID.

DS is on spring break this week. I worked yesterday but took of the rest of the week off and DH is taking off Thursday and Friday. Not sure what we will do but at least we will not be at work.

Tacos for dinner tonight.

So sad. I was shocked when I saw this announced earlier today. I LOVED him in Friday Night Dinners. He was my favorite. Will be watching it tonight too.

Aww....hope your mum is much better now, glad you still managed to have a nice day.

Tom was looking at rental cars in case we do make it in September......wow!! Almost £3,500 ($4,800) for our trip.......lol......they`ll come down, and that wasn`t for the full size SUV we normally get......gave us a giggle all the same. We do pay a lot more than Americans, but that`s taking the biscuit. If we try to book on an American site, it just directs us to the UK site. We can wait and see.

It was a shock for sure. They kept it so quiet so not to fuss. He was a class act and so many genuine tributes from everyone who knew him. he could show one or two famous folks how to keep their private life private. We are starting to watch FDN from the beginning....it`s such a wonderful show. We`ll watch Chernobyl too, he was beyond wonderful in that as you hated him so much. Such a shame.

:wave2: have been wanting make a quick stop in for a few days already. Been busy visiting the GD and kids over Easter. Slowly making my way through most of the other papers that don't get done while I'm away for a few days. I will have to read back a few pages too ;).

Good to see you Pumpkin......hope you had a lovely visit with your family and hope things are good with you.

So happy seeing homies check in here!

I miss every one when they are missing for days or weeks or months.:wave:

Gave in and turned the ac on today
It’s now at 81 here and will be the same tomorrow.

Spring has finally arrived!

Can you send just a little of your beautiful weather over here....please???? :sunny: I`ll swap you some lovely freshly cured bacon........I know you`re tempted......lol.....

You need to talk more about the weather where you are......it`s the best!!

Super busy day today. The downside of being off work for a couple of days. I think I spent half the day telling people that we have a waitlist.

I've looked at the Kipling, but am afraid it won't be large enough to go around my waist. I'm trying to lose a few pounds before Disney, but am not doing so well.

I know you will be happy to go back to the salon. Hopefully travel won't be too far behind.

I saw the name Everest while I was searching. I'll look and see if I can find one. I'd like to avoid online returns if possible.

Congrats to her. B won one back when she was in high school. She got lucky. She doesn't follow basketball at all. I think she won a pizza.

I read about the Disney mask thing......hopefully a good sign, and in nice timing for your trip, which is getting closer every day!!

Yes, looking forward to next week and this mop being sorted out with a good cut and highlights again.......

Hope your mum has a good appointment today.

[

Oh I’d be terrified to let mine off leash at public place

Ugh lol that’s a chore

Beautiful

Cool! Now, if he will only get his ducks in a row re travel

I’ll scatter the doggie treats

All this time & have been missing the 5th season? Darn it

Sweet home. Never in that area hear beaches beautiful

Yeehaw!

That’s the explanation. Cynic in me doubts they surely aren’t above challenging the market rates

Me too. Took it for test drive today out & about tracking down hot toy,,,squish mallow...chameleon plush to be exact. Stoopid TikTok is to blame lol

Amazon so easy, print out the return label, affix to box & they pick it up on porch next day or u stop in mail box

Along the shore most let their dogs off the leash, but two of her dogs could be five miles away before you blinked....the weineramar and springer spaniel are like bullets, well trained for them, but not so sure with us. The German Shepherd/Alsatian is too laid back to run....he`s all cool and looks at the other two as if to say....yeah you carry on.......lol.

Yes, hopefully him and the USA will come to an agreement soon. My cousin said he was completely charming though and not at all like the blustering man he appears to be on tv at times. Took time to speak as many as he could. I like Boris, so I was glad to hear her opinion was a positive one.

I think I live permanently in that 5th season.......🍹

Several years ago I started posting on a Facebook group for Girl Scout parents and leaders. I left the group after B graduated high school but remained Facebook friends with a few of the women in the group. One of them was diagnosed with ALS back on 2016. He daughter just posted something indicating that she is in her final days. She’s only a few months older than me.

How sad to hear news like that Charade. It rings home more somehow when folks are around the same age. Hope her daughter has a good support system around her.

Another week flying past.....

Another deceivingly beautiful day out there this morning......we have 30F with a real feel of around 22F. It`ll go up to massive high of 34F today........but we`ll still brave a walk this morning into the village I think as the wind has died down massively, at last. Sunrise was beautiful, also means I was up far too early.

Making a pie for dinner tonight, Tom has asked for a chicken and bacon one, so will make that later. My base is shortcrust pastry and a slight puff pastry top. Puff pastry I buy as it`s convenient, but make my own shortcrust and it "usually" works out ok. As it`s still wintery and cold feeling here, it`ll be just fine for dinner.

Have some ladies and gents to call this afternoon, and then will read some of my book again. Will send Tom to the other room to watch some sci fi or other....he`ll like that.

Have loads of bacon so doing bacon, brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches again today, Kyle just has some sharp cheddar on his. Not a brie fan.

Feel like toast with marmalade this morning.......

cv66-M.jpg

682FF982-0DB8-41D0-82A6-3BF644E37F1A-S.jpg

cv40-M.jpg

Have a happy Hump Wednesday 🙂

1529BA4A-0A62-40F9-966A-86A019C3C7CF.jpeg

Sing it. Happy Hump of a day Wednesday. Yay!

Ah yes, the day we say ah yes, a hump of day is here, as two more sleeps, and that shouts of fabulous Friday feelings will erupt.

Charade, ALS is a horrible diagnosis. Almost 40 years ago, my dad had less than a year to live when he got diagnosed, and died 8 months later. I am sending much sympathy and hugs to your friend. Never easy to loose a parent.

Pumpkin, good to hear family time for the Easter weekend.

Woot for Paris’s DD winning, and Paris enjoying pin gin. Seems a fireball bottle appeared in our cabinet. Older one said he wanted to try it. Um, yeah, I guess. I’ll still drinking my white wine I opened last week.

Pretty picture Julie. Hope your doctor’s visit goes well today.

Keisha, glad your foot is feeling better. Ha, that hot toy search. At least my kids were not that into what was the hot toy. Though I remember the toy hunting days.

Schumi, Good Morning, and you have had some very cool starts in the temp readings. We have an above freezing day, an almost humid 52F now, with those pesky rain chances in the morning, and a sunny afternoon predicted. Yay to see that push in temp close to 70F by late afternoon. So sending some warm weather your way.

Ah yes, that hunt for breakfast, and a refill of my tea. Week day routine? Yes. And this week seems to be dragging after that chocolate eating weekend. Hence, need that longer weekend this coming weekend. Need this Friday off? Yes. Woot! 3 day weekend to end this dragging feeling week.

Last edited:

Good afternoon all.

Cam hope your Mum is feeling better now. Charade hope update on your Mum is positive. Very sad news on your friend - let’s hope she does well - I understand some can progress very slowly with the disease.

Mac ready for warmth to return here.

Schumi did your cousin see Boris at AZ? Kev had old colleagues among those who met him too within his old Zoladex area. Everyone was very proud he finally made it - the original visit was planned for last year when he was taken ill.

GP one I’ve not met before was very pleasant but about to go on maternity leave so won’t be any continuity which I prefer. All tests done 3 years ago will be repeated. Could have started next week but we have made plans with the children returning so will start the week after with ECG and bloods.

Thinks Orthostatic Hypotension increased by the lymphoedema worsening in my legs. Problem is they are so painful I find compression stockings agony.

We had a walk with Louie afterwards - not a long one but some fresh air and gave him a run off lead. Grocery shopping due any minute so will be re-stocked.

Lynne you’ve made me think of tea and as once again told need to drink more I’m off to put the kettle on.

We’re starting to watch The Flight Attendant today. Love a binge series hoping it’s good.

Last edited:
Julie, at least you know some of what you are dealing with. Aww, Louie got some running enjoyment today. And yep, always a good time to enjoy some tea. Nice kids are coming next week, as I’m sure all are happy about their arrival.

Ah, spotty rain said weather guy. But here, phone just flashed light rain to end in 5 minutes. Quite the fast rain shower. Just overcast looking. Eh, hope those clouds part enough sunglasses needed for that lunchtime walk.

Another 20 degree above average day here = happy hump day indeed
He daughter just posted something indicating that she is in her final days. She’s only a few months older than me.
Aw, a shame
Almost £3,500 ($4,800) for our trip.......lol......they`ll come down, and that wasn`t for the full size SUV we normally get......
Even the compacts clocking in just shy of $550 a week Probably cheaper to buy a used car & resale for a month long visit lol. In all seriousness might just want to rent by the day for longer offsite jaunts & use Uber or towncar for dining
The German Shepherd/Alsatian is too laid back to run....he`s all cool and looks at the other two as if to say....yeah you carry on.......lol.
I’ve never had a breed that wasn’t genetically predisposed to run maybe current one would be a bit slower to catch lol
My cousin said he was completely charming though and not at all like the blustering man he appears to be on tv at times. Took time to speak as many as he could. I like Boris, so I was glad to hear her opinion was a positive one.
Good to hear. Had figured it was his public persona on view. Would be exhausting to keep it up 24-7
Sing it. Happy Hump of a day Wednesday
Gladly!
Keisha, glad your foot is feeling better. Ha, that hot toy search. At least my kids were not that into what was the hot toy. Though I remember the toy hunting days.
I’m always up for a good scavenger hunt & happy as a clam foot seems to be responding nicely

Sad re ur Dad dealing with such an aggressive disease. Has to be devastating for entire family.
Thinks Orthostatic Hypotension increased by the lymphoedema worsening in my legs. Problem is they are so painful I find compression stockings agony.
One of the various syncope categories, my Mom diagnosed ages ago after fainting spells Hers of the positional changes as to trigger type

Here the Gold standard for diagnosis basic blood panel, ECG/EKG & tilt table test. Turned out she had anemia, low BP & dehydration at the time that were contributing factors

She complained so about the compression socks, they did lower her original RX for them @ seem to be working just as well
We’re starting to watch The Flight Attendant today. Love a binge series hoping it’s good.
Forgot about that one. Knocked off the first two myself then decided to wait for the mr as he ahem enjoyed her in Big Bang

Last edited:
View attachment 567141

Ah yes, the day we say ah yes, a hump of day is here, as two more sleeps, and that shouts of fabulous Friday feelings will erupt.

Charade, ALS is a horrible diagnosis. Almost 40 years ago, my dad had less than a year to live when he got diagnosed, and died 8 months later. I am sending much sympathy and hugs to your friend. Never easy to loose a parent.

Woot for Paris’s DD winning, and Paris enjoying pin gin. Seems a fireball bottle appeared in our cabinet. Older one said he wanted to try it. Um, yeah, I guess. I’ll still drinking my white wine I opened last week.

Schumi, Good Morning, and you have had some very cool starts in the temp readings. We have an above freezing day, an almost humid 52F now, with those pesky rain chances in the morning, and a sunny afternoon predicted. Yay to see that push in temp close to 70F by late afternoon. So sending some warm weather your way.

Ah yes, that hunt for breakfast, and a refill of my tea. Week day routine? Yes. And this week seems to be dragging after that chocolate eating weekend. Hence, need that longer weekend this coming weekend. Need this Friday off? Yes. Woot! 3 day weekend to end this dragging feeling week.

Yes, very cool temps here Lynne. Not fun.

Hope you have some nicer weather and a nice long weekend.

Good afternoon all.

Cam hope your Mum is feeling better now. Charade hope update on your Mum is positive. Very sad news on your friend - let’s hope she does well - I understand some can progress very slowly with the disease.

Schumi did your cousin see Boris at AZ? Kev had old colleagues among those who met him too within his old Zoladex area. Everyone was very proud he finally made it - the original visit was planned for last year when he was taken ill.

GP one I’ve not met before was very pleasant but about to go on maternity leave so won’t be any continuity which I prefer. All tests done 3 years ago will be repeated. Could have started next week but we have made plans with the children returning so will start the week after with ECG and bloods.

We had a walk with Louie afterwards - not a long one but some fresh air and gave him a run off lead. Grocery shopping due any minute so will be re-stocked.

Lynne you’ve made me think of tea and as once again told need to drink more I’m off to put the kettle on.

Yes, but, she`s not involved with AZ. Said he was lovely, and knew the area where her daughter lives close by in MSA, think he`d stayed at Mottram Hall at some point or knew someone who`d stayed there.

Good luck with your diagnosis and treatment.

We gave up on The Flight Attendant after 2 episodes. Didn`t like the format of it, too many cut scenes, disappointed as we like her.

Aw, a shame

Even the compacts clocking in just shy of $550 a week Probably cheaper to buy a used car & resale for a month long visit lol. In all seriousness might just want to rent by the day for longer offsite jaunts & use Uber or towncar for dining

I’ve never had a breed that wasn’t genetically predisposed to run maybe current one would be a bit slower to catch lol

Good to hear. Had figured it was his public persona on view. Would be exhausting to keep it up 24-7

Gladly!

I’m always up for a good scavenger hunt & happy as a clam foot seems to be responding nicely

One of the various syncope categories, my Mom diagnosed ages ago after fainting spells Hers of the positional changes as to trigger type

Here the Gold standard for diagnosis basic blood panel, ECG/EKG & tilt table test. Turned out she had anemia, low BP & dehydration at the time that were contributing factors

She complained so about the compression socks, they did lower her original RX for them @ seem to be working just as well

Forgot about that one. Knocked off the first two myself then decided to wait for the mr as he ahem enjoyed her in Big Bang

Oh those prices will come down Janet, just seems a little ridiculous we can get two flights for the cost of a rental car......thing is we do go offsite a lot, so we do need a rental car all the time not just for the odd day here and there. I`m sure we`ll end up paying whatever it is, but not $4,000 even if it is for 26 nights. It`s gone down since that price came up though.

Yes, he`ll run on his own, but when the other two want to play, he`s very stand offish.....lol....lovely natured dog, but trained well as he is a guard dog too.

Glad the foot is doing good. Yes, Miss cuoco is a popular lady.......I did like her in Big Bang.....

Ever had one of those days.

Morning was lovely. Despite the cold, we went out a long walk and came in frozen to the core.....walking when the real feel is in the minuses isn`t good.

But, got a call from my mum. She has two brothers still alive and one of them was diagnosed with throat cancer a month or so back, I know I told some of you ladies. Well, looks as if he`s not going to make it through the day, couple of days tops. She lives about a minute`s walk from him but hadn`t seen him in a week due to one thing and another.

To lose her sister in December was bad enough, but now one of her "wee" brothers......she`s so upset. One of my brothers is in with him now along with his granddaughters.

Really wish we could travel up there today.

Hope everyone`s good.

To lose her sister in December was bad enough, but now one of her "wee" brothers......she`s so upset. One of my brothers is in with him now along with his granddaughters.

oh no, that is horrible news for your family to weather. So sorry.

Unbelievable that this plague has taken away even our ability to mourn & comfort family in person during in times like these. Hugs

Congrats to Lindsey......she did well! Any way that causes a win is fine.....

We have the Grand National coming up this weekend.....one of the biggest horse races of the year. We put bets on every year and usually win nothing, only race we do bet onas we know nothing about horse racing.....I think we have half the field between us.......I choose colours the jockey`s wear or just something about their name......very technical!!

That does sound like a lovely few days away.......

Is there a pink gin season??? :laughing: I`m sure we have two or three bottles of pink tucked away somewhere for a Thursday night, or any night.....🍸

Think it`ll be an early night for us......sleepy already and it`s barely 10pm......unbelievable....but, can`t go to bed this early.....
Summer weather feels like pink gin season to me...just something about it.
Don't worry, I bridge the rest of the year with my Bombay Sapphire Gin, lol!

Hello All,

Tried to post earlier today but seems there was another glitch. Trying again this evening.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. Mom ended up not making it to dinner. She was not feeling well. It was a nice dinner anyway and a beautiful day with the windows open.

Spent the morning looking for deals on car rentals for our May trip. Finally found a good discount through the ticket broker we are going through to buy park tickets. Car rental prices are absolutely nuts. I read that they sold off a lot of their fleet during COVID.

DS is on spring break this week. I worked yesterday but took of the rest of the week off and DH is taking off Thursday and Friday. Not sure what we will do but at least we will not be at work.

Tacos for dinner tonight.

So sad. I was shocked when I saw this announced earlier today. I LOVED him in Friday Night Dinners. He was my favorite. Will be watching it tonight too.
I've noticed car rentals are sky high too!

:wave2: have been wanting make a quick stop in for a few days already. Been busy visiting the GD and kids over Easter. Slowly making my way through most of the other papers that don't get done while I'm away for a few days. I will have to read back a few pages too ;).
Glad you got to see your grandkids for Easter!!!

Pizza is a solid prize for high school age kids! good for her too!

That's incredibly sad....ALS is a horrible way to die....

Aww....hope your mum is much better now, glad you still managed to have a nice day.

Tom was looking at rental cars in case we do make it in September......wow!! Almost £3,500 ($4,800) for our trip.......lol......they`ll come down, and that wasn`t for the full size SUV we normally get......gave us a giggle all the same. We do pay a lot more than Americans, but that`s taking the biscuit. If we try to book on an American site, it just directs us to the UK site. We can wait and see.

It was a shock for sure. They kept it so quiet so not to fuss. He was a class act and so many genuine tributes from everyone who knew him. he could show one or two famous folks how to keep their private life private. We are starting to watch FDN from the beginning....it`s such a wonderful show. We`ll watch Chernobyl too, he was beyond wonderful in that as you hated him so much. Such a shame.

Good to see you Pumpkin......hope you had a lovely visit with your family and hope things are good with you.

Can you send just a little of your beautiful weather over here....please???? :sunny: I`ll swap you some lovely freshly cured bacon........I know you`re tempted......lol.....

You need to talk more about the weather where you are......it`s the best!!

I read about the Disney mask thing......hopefully a good sign, and in nice timing for your trip, which is getting closer every day!!

Yes, looking forward to next week and this mop being sorted out with a good cut and highlights again.......

Hope your mum has a good appointment today.

Along the shore most let their dogs off the leash, but two of her dogs could be five miles away before you blinked....the weineramar and springer spaniel are like bullets, well trained for them, but not so sure with us. The German Shepherd/Alsatian is too laid back to run....he`s all cool and looks at the other two as if to say....yeah you carry on.......lol.

Yes, hopefully him and the USA will come to an agreement soon. My cousin said he was completely charming though and not at all like the blustering man he appears to be on tv at times. Took time to speak as many as he could. I like Boris, so I was glad to hear her opinion was a positive one.

I think I live permanently in that 5th season.......🍹

How sad to hear news like that Charade. It rings home more somehow when folks are around the same age. Hope her daughter has a good support system around her.

Another week flying past.....

Another deceivingly beautiful day out there this morning......we have 30F with a real feel of around 22F. It`ll go up to massive high of 34F today........but we`ll still brave a walk this morning into the village I think as the wind has died down massively, at last. Sunrise was beautiful, also means I was up far too early.

Making a pie for dinner tonight, Tom has asked for a chicken and bacon one, so will make that later. My base is shortcrust pastry and a slight puff pastry top. Puff pastry I buy as it`s convenient, but make my own shortcrust and it "usually" works out ok. As it`s still wintery and cold feeling here, it`ll be just fine for dinner.

Have some ladies and gents to call this afternoon, and then will read some of my book again. Will send Tom to the other room to watch some sci fi or other....he`ll like that.

Have loads of bacon so doing bacon, brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches again today, Kyle just has some sharp cheddar on his. Not a brie fan.

Feel like toast with marmalade this morning.......

cv66-M.jpg

682FF982-0DB8-41D0-82A6-3BF644E37F1A-S.jpg

cv40-M.jpg

Have a happy Hump Wednesday 🙂
If you'd like, PM me your dates and i'll do some rate checking.
The prices have been ridiculous as of late. I hope this is not a trend that is sticking around!

View attachment 567141

Hugs, Lynne... ALS affects an entire family and is painful to see a loved one suffer it.
A long time ago, we had a neighbor who died from ALS....just terrible...

Good afternoon all.

I'm sorry your appointment wasn't ideal. Hoping a different doctor will be better!

Just a quick stop by! Hope to check in later!

oh no, that is horrible news for your family to weather. So sorry.

Unbelievable that this plague has taken away even our ability to mourn & comfort family in person during in times like these. Hugs

That`s honestly the worst part of it all.

it only seems a few weeks ago I mentioned to you and mac he had been diagnosed, and thought, maybe he`d last a little longer and things would be better for us to be able to travel up, to be there for my mum, but not likely now.

She has my family up there though, so at least she`s not alone, and her other brother too.

But, yes, it`s affecting so many people, people who don`t get to say goodbye to loved ones anymore.

Thanks Janet.

Off to lock myself in a book.

Hugs, Schumi. And sympathy to your mom and whole family. Horrible to hear, cancer is terrible.

Hmm, thinking older one has made grilled cheese sandwiches. Little one was not amused, so soup was her lunch. Did wear sunglasses, yay!

Aw, a shame

Gladly!

Sad re ur Dad dealing with such an aggressive disease. Has to be devastating for entire family.

Today is the last day of our 5 day mini summer. It's 76 degrees right now. Outside on the patio with the pups.
Soaking it all in!

Yes, very cool temps here Lynne. Not fun.

Hope you have some nicer weather and a nice long weekend.

Yes, but, she`s not involved with AZ. Said he was lovely, and knew the area where her daughter lives close by in MSA, think he`d stayed at Mottram Hall at some point or knew someone who`d stayed there.

Good luck with your diagnosis and treatment.

We gave up on The Flight Attendant after 2 episodes. Didn`t like the format of it, too many cut scenes, disappointed as we like her.

Oh those prices will come down Janet, just seems a little ridiculous we can get two flights for the cost of a rental car......thing is we do go offsite a lot, so we do need a rental car all the time not just for the odd day here and there. I`m sure we`ll end up paying whatever it is, but not $4,000 even if it is for 26 nights. It`s gone down since that price came up though.

Yes, he`ll run on his own, but when the other two want to play, he`s very stand offish.....lol....lovely natured dog, but trained well as he is a guard dog too.

Glad the foot is doing good. Yes, Miss cuoco is a popular lady.......I did like her in Big Bang.....

Ever had one of those days.

Morning was lovely. Despite the cold, we went out a long walk and came in frozen to the core.....walking when the real feel is in the minuses isn`t good.

But, got a call from my mum. She has two brothers still alive and one of them was diagnosed with throat cancer a month or so back, I know I told some of you ladies. Well, looks as if he`s not going to make it through the day, couple of days tops. She lives about a minute`s walk from him but hadn`t seen him in a week due to one thing and another.

Really wish we could travel up there today.

Hope everyone`s good.
Oh, Carole! It's been a rough 6 months for your extended family....
I'm very sorry to hear your uncle is so ill. Please pass along my best wishes for your mum!

Hugs, Schumi. And sympathy to your mom and whole family. Horrible to hear, cancer is terrible.

Hmm, thinking older one has made grilled cheese sandwiches. Little one was not amused, so soup was her lunch. Did wear sunglasses, yay!

Thanks Lynne. Yes cancer is one heck of a disease. Takes so many of our loved ones too often.

Today is the last day of our 5 day mini summer. It's 76 degrees right now. Outside on the patio with the pups.
Soaking it all in!

Oh, Carole! It's been a rough 6 months for your extended family....
I'm very sorry to hear your uncle is so ill. Please pass along my best wishes for your mum!

Oh I wish we had some of your weather Lori.....sitting with the pups sounds lovely.

Thank you too Lori.....haven`t heard any news yet, and of course this is th enight everyone wants to call me, so when the phone rings I think it`s one of my brothers with news. I will pass that one of course :hug:

You definitely need some self care. You are blessed with such a sunny disposition but, this will take you some time to process as it evolved so
Quickly.

It has been so sudden. Yes, that sunny disposition is being sorely tested this last year.....but hope always prevails, nothing much keeps me low for long. I`m ever the optimist...annoyingly so at times I`m told.....:)

Still no news. We are just hoping they don`t hospitalise him so his granddaughters can stay with him. Hospital means he`ll be alone. Barbaric.

But, did have a zoom call with my goddaughter earlier and saw the baby, which always makes anyone smile.....all are doing well there and she is the most beautiful baby. And growing so quickly....can`t wait to see her.....soon......

Off to splash out on lemonade instead of water......🙂

Good evening, Uneventful day today. I talked to my mom. She had a follow up with the surgeon today. He said that all is well and she doesn't have to see him again. Now she just needs to make an appointment with the oncologist and see what treatment she needs. I think my cousin is supposed to schedule that for her.

Dh went to see the Kong and Godzilla movie the other day. He tried to explain the plot to me. At one point I stopped him and asked if it was written by a group of 8 year old boys.

Tom was looking at rental cars in case we do make it in September......wow!! Almost £3,500 ($4,800) for our trip.......lol......they`ll come down, and that wasn`t for the full size SUV we normally get......gave us a giggle all the same
Yikes! Hope that comes down for you.

I think she has a husband. She also has 3 sisters. One of the sisters set up a Go Fund Me for her. The one daughter left her career and basically put her life on hold so she could care for her mother.

I am sorry your dad had to experience that. I don't know a lot about ALS, but I've been watching Tina's journey over the past few years. She has been very open about it and posted to Facebook all the time.

Very sad news on your friend - let’s hope she does well - I understand some can progress very slowly with the disease.
It has been almost 5 years since her diagnosis. Sadly, it looks like her time is near.

Hope you are able to get a doctor you are comfortable with and treatment that will help.

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for your mom, you, and the rest of the family.

Carole
Sending you hugs
I know you wish you could be with your family now, especially with your mum.
It will be hard for her to lose her brother

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!