Something About Nothing ... #12

Gobble, gobble, gook = Happy Thanksgiving all!

In lieu of doing what I should,been shopping online to try and put a small dent in the Xmas list. Surprised so many BF deals are out early today.

Bought the mr a fit bit HR of which I know squat. Not that he's requested one, just seems like an interesting concept with the heart monitor function, etc. Target has @ a door buster jik anybody is a-looking.

Already scarfed down 1/2 a turkey Sammie and couple slices of nut roll. Hmmm, calories don't count on thanksgiving do they lol?

Mac I always start my birds @ 400 for a half hour, then drop. Mario Battali stated on chew this week he cooks the bird @ even higher temp so it gets done quicker. Not to argue with a pro but, I'd be concerned it'd dry out unless heavily brined.

Oops. 21.

Glad to hear you and family are doing well Robo.

Mac, need turkey to rest before you carve it.

Lush meal for Schumi.

We will have sweet potato tonight too. But in a casserole.

Non nom Keisha. Let the eating and shopping commence shortly.

Happy thanksgiving to all :flower1:

We're still on the road...should be there in 45 minutes or so. We stopped in Shorter, AL for gas...traffic is awful. Next time we might go the night before.

Glad to hear from Robo, I was getting concerned.

Next stop it's turkey time!

Turkey is done and I just remembered I did not use a cooking bag

So can always just make turkey sandwiches with a lot of mayo on it

Lol

Keisha you are correct
Calories do not count on holiday dinners or eating out at a buffet

So does everyone have their kitchen cleaned up now??

Hope all were able to be stuffed as the turkey was

Kitchen cleaned up, guests gone. We had dinner at 1 pm. So eating early helped. Had 14 over.

Showered and Jammie's on, legs propped up.

Keisha you amaze me. You had all those people to cook for and entertain and still had time for online shopping :worship:

Glad to hear from Robo, I was getting concerned.

Thanks Tink. I have had lots going on last couple of weeks.

Squrilz - How was the turducken?

I know it's a bit late for turkey advice, but we use Alton Browns method. Brine it in salt water overnight and then cook starting on a high heat and then bring down to low heat. We use a bag for a bit more wiggle room too. The best turkey I've ever had was a fried turkey. It's not what you would think and was amazing. It wasn't like fried food and the moisture was locked in.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had lasagna since we're doing thanksgiving on Saturday. We tend to change holiday meal dates quite often and lasagna has become our tradition dinner for the real date. I'll get to have turkey day on Saturday with my parents who now live less than 2 hours away from me. We're just going for the day as we're tired of living out of suitcases and boxes for so long and can't handle doing it again quite yet. The plan is to go to Universal on Sunday. This will be my first time there with my husband since Kong opened so I'm hoping lines are short so I can finally do it! My youngest wont be able to handle Kong so I need hubby there to hang out with him while I go on it.

Kicked the last guest out half hour ago and watching the football game. Life is good:) pass me a beer.

Not sure if going out to dig around or not tomorrow. May just rely upon online shopping.

Tink - DH warned me to not come home with anymore of the $1 pointsetia plants from Loews. Still have several going from last year lol, 'course they are funky looking. My Xmas cactus bloomed nicely this week. No green thumb for me, he handle sit all.

Wanted to put up the Xmas tree tomorrow but it's difficult to believe how messy the house could get in just a few hours:confused3

Glad everyone`s Thanksgiving was good.......love a good Turkey!

We eat it at Christmas and folks always tell me they struggle to keep the Turkey moist......never had that problem.......my turkey`s are always just perfect........:rolleyes1

Beautiful day here.....cold and sunny for a change. Was supposed to meet my niece at a train station about 40 minutes away from us....she was passing through on her way to London.......her train stopped for a few minutes and I was planning on handing over our Rod Stewart tickets for this weekend......but his shows have been cancelled as he is still poorly. We just didn't want to go back down to London so soon and she could use them.......now I think we`ll get a refund if we cant make the alternative dates........so we may get to see him sometime........

Hope youse all have a good weekend........:)

I think Keisha bought some........they're hard to resist.........

I couldn't get green fingers if I painted them!!! Gardening is not my thing at all.........we have a great guy who takes care of all that........but, he's been poorly last few months so hasn't been around much........so things looking bit untidy........maybe I can borrow mr Keisha......sounds like he knows what he's doing........:D

Love a Friday night..........heating up high, freezing outside and wine is being poured......off to put my jammies on then watch a movie I think............:thumbsup2

Hehe, up before the crack of dawn, perfect timing all day. Shopping almost done, and wore DD out. Love being able to sleep in, and it is only Friday! Wahoo!

Fun turkey meal with the gang. All the young tried to sit with my DM, and full couch with various smiles and bewildered looks.

Left overs for dinner shortly. Nothing wrong with a stuffing sandwich! :D

Hope all are enjoying a nice Black Friday night. Have a great weekend too!

:wave2:

Good afternoon all...........had a lovely lazy day today.......no need to go out so we slept late, had bacon, Brie and cranberry grilled sandwiches for brunch.......I did some trip report while Tom snoozed.......nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon.........weekend shopping crowds are not for me........

Freezing outside.......-3C for us today........ but we going out to Indian restaurant for early dinner tonight........it's a place that gets mobbed around 8 so we'll go earlier around 6 and beat the Saturday night rush........then after DS picks us up we'll watch a movie I think.........don't fancy a late night out.......but will be well wrapped up as it is so cold tonight.

Hope your Saturday is going good too..........:thumbsup2

had a decent saturday.
the way the stores were you would have thought it was a tuesday.....
my guess is everyone is at the main malls and not the local stores.

walked into walmart to get some otc medicine and place was pretty much empty.
did a run to walgreens for new script pick ups and only 2 peeps in the store shopping.

main streets had very little traffic also.
so naturally i thought this couldn't be a saturday......lol

all our turkey is gone now.
only had a small bird for tday dinner and sandwiches friday for lunch.
no sides left as only made a very small amount of them.

guess this means i have to cook tonight

i can now sympathize with the rest of you as it is only 49 right now outside.
but sunny which is a plus.

i'm sure the bottom will fall out and this will be the start of cold weather ahead for me in georgia

anyone out shopping today?

Saturday night Mac.........get takeout.........:thumbsup2 saves cooking........

I can't wait for Christmas to have a huge turkey..........lush!!!

Apparently shops near us were heaving today.......but five or six weeks leading to Christmas it's always like this.......I prefer to wait and go midweek......I hate crowds and especially hate sales! Madness.

I do order a lot online, but do enjoy a mooch and soak in the Christmas atmosphere maybe a couple of weeks before.......on Tuesday we are doing that........bit early but Tom hasn't taken day off........just hope it's not raining......

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest